Talk

Advanced search

Page 2 | Silent witness

(281 Posts)
lastqueenofscotland Tue 07-Jan-20 21:08:41

It’s back! Anyone else love this show?

OP’s posts: |
2Rebecca Thu 09-Jan-20 18:14:46

Agree the American boyfriend is dysfunctional and a wet blanket and Nikki is unprofessional fussing over him at work. I wish they could do stories without her love life getting tangled in the plot.

Roomba Thu 09-Jan-20 18:18:25

I actually full on cackled out loud like a maniac at 'Violent Shitness' gringringrin

DS and I find it utterly ridiculous but we enjoy watching and shouting at it. I'll never be able to call it anything else now!

Autumnchill Thu 09-Jan-20 18:23:33

Will be forever known as Violent Shitness in our house now 😁

HalleLouja Thu 09-Jan-20 19:03:00

I don’t get how the boy survived when the others were badly mutilated. That didn’t make sense. Quite liked EFs hair colour. Quite like looking at Jack and the boyfriend.

GertiMJN Thu 09-Jan-20 19:06:47

For a blissful moment I thought the wet, irrelevant, annoying, American boyfriend was on his way out ...But no, he's still there angry

WineOrGinOrBoth Thu 09-Jan-20 20:31:41

Me to Gerti. Me too. Unfortunately he’s still there.

MissClareRemembers Thu 09-Jan-20 22:00:13

It’s bonkers but I love it.

I’m totally in love with Nicky’s house. 😍

Noeuf Thu 09-Jan-20 22:18:30

I've just Googled he was abducted and then proposed with a hair band

FlamingoAndJohn Thu 09-Jan-20 23:10:18

I used to love it and thought I’d try this series again.

The bullshit computer stuff annoys me. Like the thing that lined up the packet of pills with the scrap of foil.
Also the office, all mood lighting, dark walls and skulls on bookcases.

I’m not expecting complete reality but this is getting too far fetched.

Equanimitas Fri 10-Jan-20 01:59:18

Loved the way the lab had the expensive IT programme reconstructing the last flight, because of course you'd invest in that if you run a forensic science lab, aeroplane crashes are two a penny.

Mind you, I never quite understand why so many police forces apparently have so much money to fling at The Lyle. Every time they have a case, four senior officers at the lab seem to drop everything and devote themselves full time to it, to the extent of sitting in on interviews and even chasing suspects themselves. It must cost an absolute fortune.

SoupDragon Fri 10-Jan-20 11:24:17

Emilia Fox is brunette because she dyed it for the Trial of Christine Keeler programme.

its less than 1% accurate

It's that accurate? 😂

EntirelyAnonymised Fri 10-Jan-20 19:25:37

she dyed it for the Trial of Christine Keeler programme

I wonder why she didn’t just get wardrobe to do her a wig?

SoupDragon Fri 10-Jan-20 21:12:24

Apparently they decided to "just go with it" as people change their hair colour all the time.

I googled 😂

EntirelyAnonymised Sat 11-Jan-20 10:05:40

grin

MyEnormousTurnip Sat 11-Jan-20 11:27:32

Huge wtf moment for me was Jack polishing up that serial number on the gun with all the appropriate equipment and expertise. WTAF. Jack of all trades it would seem.

Ditto nobody ever having passcodes or fingerprint thing on their phones. And Clarissa being world expert at literally everything.

Still love it though. It’s known as Witless Silence in our house after an ancient French and Saunders sketch from the days that other annoying woman was the female lead. Amanda something?

Icantfind Sat 11-Jan-20 11:32:02

I’ve always loved it but really struggled with them all suddenly being air crash investigators.

I’ll still be tuning in next week though!

Squigean Sat 11-Jan-20 11:53:47

I like it. Think it might be mostly because I find it so amusing in how unrealistic it is.

There's often times when I quite frankly can't work out how they discover something. Like how they discover a suspect's name from a shoe found in a wood, they somehow connect it to a never heard of before person because of a blob of tree sab on the heel.

Also because the are experts in everything, and have the equipment to do everything (like Jack and the gun).

MyEnormousTurnip Sat 11-Jan-20 13:06:38

With all their knowledge and new skills being revealed all the time they’re basically the pathology equivalents of Nessa from Gavin and Stacy grin

Tidy.

2Rebecca Sat 11-Jan-20 18:20:21

The doctor in The Archers used to be like that, then they did away with him.

Equanimitas Sat 11-Jan-20 23:45:35

Wasn't the Archers doctor the same actor as the previous head at the Lyle?

TheSpottedZebra Sat 11-Jan-20 23:53:08

Ditto nobody ever having passcodes or fingerprint thing on their phones I've been binge watching a load of Silent Witnesses from iplayer (yes, I know!), and in my most recently watched one, they did have a fingerprint thing on. V luckily, the corpse was still on the stainless steel carving block, so it was in fact quite easy to open after all.

Amazing when you watch a wodge of them, how often Nicki/Jack/Boss snogs or shags a police. Who then gets stabbed/shot. Very unfortunate.

Auldspinster Sun 12-Jan-20 11:53:54

The boss was Evie's husband in House of Elliot, he was gorgeous back then.

Squigean Mon 13-Jan-20 23:15:02

Can't deny it: I absolutely love how Jack is amazing at everything!! It's absolutely hilarious. From apprehending suspects to knowing in an instant how far locations are.

Jack of all trades, master of them all!!!

Arseit Mon 13-Jan-20 23:20:37

Violent Shitness is genius!
I was also a bit bemused by Nikki’s personal phone calls at work - in the middle of pretty important meetings.
* still watching though, despite the inaccuracies and far-fetched plots. I still think the maddest was the Mexican (?) kidnapping.

Bearbehind Tue 14-Jan-20 05:37:36

The bit I don’t get is they keep searching places with no gloves on!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in