Talk

Advanced search

This is us

(78 Posts)
Horehound Mon 06-Jan-20 11:21:01

I love it and season three is on Amazon prime now.
But Mandy Moore"s character really irritates me sometimes! Like she's so entitled or something. Can't put my finger on it

OP’s posts: |
serenaserene Sun 07-Jun-20 09:11:29

Season 4 on Prime as of June 5th

drigon Thu 30-Jan-20 18:59:50

I'm watching it on the Prime channel.

Nannyamc Thu 30-Jan-20 14:58:46

I started to watch this in Canada from season 1 and was hooked. Best tv series I have ever watched. Season 4 started in September in Us and Canada . Has anyone any idea when it’s on in the Uk? For anyone who has never seen it you are in for a real treat.

drigon Thu 30-Jan-20 14:51:44

I am only on Series 1, episode 3, so a newbie and I have avoided reading the full thread for fear of spoilers! But, yes, it is excellent so far and makes me cry too, which is unusual for me with programmes. Bombshell on this one is the Mother meeting William unexpectedly and her being married to Miguel. Obviously wondering where Dad is! Kate and boyfriend are lovely so far too.

youngestisapsycho Thu 30-Jan-20 11:35:30

I've just finished series 3... loved it! Patiently waiting for 4 now...

LadyShrek2k19 Thu 30-Jan-20 10:56:17

@MadamePewter - if you forward through too much, you might miss some pertinent stuff, would be my only watch out.
I actually found the Vietnam stuff super interesting!

MadamePewter Wed 29-Jan-20 16:41:26

Intriguing! I must watch the rest of series three though fast forwarding the Vietnam stuff as I find it really dull

MissCalamity Wed 29-Jan-20 16:38:43

Just finished series 3 on Prime. I was getting a bit worried about Randall & Beth towards the end.
Yes, person by Rebecca's bed was a surprise, I wonder how the story will lead to that.
Kevin is certainly getting finer as the series goes on 🥰
Now to search for series 4!

hudyerwheesht Mon 27-Jan-20 13:14:27

Ah, I see, gotcha!
I think my head was spinning with the new information (who was there,who wasn't,etc) to take that in properly.

LadyShrek2k19 Mon 27-Jan-20 06:30:47

@hudyerwheesht - I think the person IN the bed is who we thought, it was the person NEXT to the bed that was a surprise.

hudyerwheesht Sun 26-Jan-20 21:04:28

Well I just finished the last episode of season 3, having made the last few episodes last as long as possible (except the Randall/Beth saga, bloody hell I was glued to that one).
Glad we've found a few more of our people but I am confused a bit about the end, but I can't really say why without spoilers.
From pp's, I was expecting a twist at the end of the last episode but we saw who we were expecting to, didn't we? Or did I miss something?
Not even sure anyone can answer, maybe I should just Google..

WingBingo Thu 23-Jan-20 19:33:12

It’s one of my favourite shows at the moment, I’m on episode 13.

Might have to try to find S4 soon. I loved the episode focusing on Beth’s backstory.

Randal and Beth are my favourites. And maybe Jack.

Justfivemoreminutesplease Thu 23-Jan-20 08:06:23

Yes, I succumbed and watched the last episode last night. Interesting!!

Justfivemoreminutesplease Wed 22-Jan-20 18:29:20

I’m now at the stage where I just have the last episode of season 3 to watch, but am putting off watching it as I don’t want it to end grin and then have to wait ages for season 4

CherieBabySpliffUp Wed 22-Jan-20 18:19:06

Trying not to post spoilers but I thought the way Randall greated "her" at the end was quite telling with regards where her story goes in the future sad

MadamePewter Wed 22-Jan-20 15:51:10

I secretly have a bit of a crush on Kevin, partly because of his coat 😳

Beautyoftheirdreams Wed 22-Jan-20 15:36:33

Oh I've found my people. I love love love This Is Us. Watched all of season 3 over Xmas and now rewatching from season 1 again (because I'm a saddo). Love Jack and Randall. Not fond of Toby, find him too passive aggressive

usernotfound0000 Wed 22-Jan-20 15:32:34

purplerunner DH was shocked when I revealed that Rebecca is younger than us! The make up is good!

usernotfound0000 Wed 22-Jan-20 15:31:14

I love This Is Us. Currently half way through S3. I feel sorry for Rebecca as a mum, she was just trying to do her best in the most awful situation, Kate especially has been very hard on her, glad to see her softening towards her a bit now.

Purplerunner Wed 22-Jan-20 06:51:41

I love this series and don't understand why it isn't more popular either! One more episode of season 3 to go. Really hope I don't have to wait too long for S4.

Think Randall is my favourite character. Do spend a lot of episodes watching closely, trying to work out how they have aged everyone though 😂

shivermetimbers77 Tue 21-Jan-20 22:56:45

So glad there is finally a thread on this.. thought I was the only one watching! I love This Is Us despite finding it a bit cheesy sometimes - there were points in this series where the sheer numner of 'speaking from the heart monologues' started to do my head in, but overall I loved it (especially Jack..)

lovelychops Tue 21-Jan-20 22:43:43

Oh and I love Vietnam Nicky. Obviously not the dark stuff but amazing acting all round.
British tv just doesn't come close

lovelychops Tue 21-Jan-20 22:42:30

Just finished season 3 and I guessed the ending (wont spoil) I love this is us!!! All the characters are so nuanced- except maybe rebecca? But I think many moore is stunning as 70's rebecca.
I adore Beth and the girl who played college beth was the absolute image of her. I wondered if they're related?
As someone me mentioned I love how all the characters have good and bad. So realistic. Was sobbing at the hospital scenes. Don't know anyone who watches. I want season 4 now !!

MadamePewter Sun 19-Jan-20 21:37:38

I’m watching but fast forwarding the Vietnam stuff... 😳.

I agree most of the characters are pretty annoying but still grips me and I love the soundtrack.

And Beth And Young Rebecca’s clothes

Justfivemoreminutesplease Tue 14-Jan-20 09:08:43

Just coming back to say that I watched the episode last night with Nicky and explaining what really went on in Vietnam - now I feel bad for previously moaning about all of the Vietnam scenes grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in