Talk

Advanced search

Page 4 | You - Season 2 on Netflix - **SPOILERS** (Title edited by MNHQ)

(81 Posts)
BanKittenHeels Wed 01-Jan-20 12:31:51

Is anyone else watching this?

The girl who is playing Delilah can’t act but apart from that I’m really enjoying it.

OP’s posts: |
Bluewavescrashing Fri 24-Jan-20 12:22:19

I loved the acid trip- Joe definitely had Johnny Depp vibes going on, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas style.

I thought Love was lying about being pregnant so was surprised to see the bump at the end.

Even though the family were so rich it was unbelievable that Love could get away with killing Delilah and Candace.

Beck was 100 times prettier than Love.

I liked season 2 much more than season 1.i put all the pretentiousness down to the setting being LA rather than New York.

YouCanCertainlyTry Fri 24-Jan-20 14:25:14

I spent the end of this series so angry at the whole show. Not fully in a bad way!

The way they had me almost rooting for Will/Joe against Candace, when Candace was the victim and in the right.

Then I was furious that they killed off Delilah, but it was pretty damn amazing how they did - using the acid trio and memory loss so we weren't sure what had happened. I went in several circles when trying to work out who dunnit.

The biggest shock for me was after Forty was visiting Dr Nicky in prison and I suddenly realised that Forty was the hero of the piece. Did not see myself rooting for him.

JustDanceAddict Sat 25-Jan-20 23:11:42

Finished watching it now!
I was gutted they killed off Delilah, really sad for Ellie (although she was far too precocious for a 15 yr old).
Love was mad, I did wonder if she killed off her first husband but not sure about that.
Forty was a PITA but clever that he had Joe sussed.
I def think that you’re meant to root for Joe on some level. But then that’s mad as he’s a serial killer. He has some sympathetic qualities though like caring for children!
. Anavrin looks fab - shame it’s not real and in my neighbourhood!!

PegLegAntoine Mon 27-Jan-20 17:11:47

Just had to bump this as I finally finished - anyone else still watching?

I loved the Love twist, but the very end pissed me off. He really loved her I thought - barring the freak out when he discovered her crimes, but he seemed to realise how well matched they were during the wedding speech - and now there’s a new one?

For a minute I thought they were saying the whooooole thing was a plot to get to this new woman but I guess really it’s that he engineered the house move to be near her? Or that he happened to see interesting new neighbour once they’ve moved?! I also briefly worried they’d suddenly say Beck is still alive or something hmm

I don’t know, the last bit just seemed a bit “oh shit, we need a cliffhanger” tacked on type thing.

rosegoldwatcher Fri 14-Feb-20 18:28:42

Very late to the YOU party.
I didn't know about this series until last week. Have managed to gorge on both seasons and finished today.
The last scene was necessary, in my view. That level of personality disorder would never allow Joe to be really contented with a relationship of mutual love. He's a wolf!

PS - Penn Badgley is a gorgeous! (Watch him in Greetings from Tim Buckley)

MonsteraCheeseplant Sun 23-Feb-20 21:31:42

DH and I have just watched series 1 & 2. I loved it. Very exciting twist at the end with Love being completely crackers. I was a bit disappointed that he stopped loving her but understood it at the same time. He doesn't want to be in a relationship with a serial killer fgs! grin

Also. I am very stuck between seeing his caring qualities and being quite attractive, and being turned off by his utter creepiness and also, lollipop head/body situation. Also, i'm not a prude or squeamish but I was totally scandalised when they showed him masturbating to both Beck & Love! So gross and also, hilarious.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in