Talk

Advanced search

Page 2 | You - Season 2 on Netflix - **SPOILERS** (Title edited by MNHQ)

(81 Posts)
BanKittenHeels Wed 01-Jan-20 12:31:51

Is anyone else watching this?

The girl who is playing Delilah can’t act but apart from that I’m really enjoying it.

OP’s posts: |
Coughy4u Fri 03-Jan-20 04:32:31

The neighbour kinda looked older so she may be his mum! Interesting and with children in the picture i have a feeling one of the psycho parents will kill them.

JolieOBrien Fri 03-Jan-20 04:37:35

I really hate this programme because I actually know of someone who is being stalked by someone like him who is mentally ill. I think he has narcissistic personality order and is a serial killer. I have only watched a couple of the episodes and I had to turn it off because I found it disturbing.

MildredHubble12 Fri 03-Jan-20 07:47:51

The neighbour kinda looked older so she may be his mum! Interesting and with children in the picture i have a feeling one of the psycho parents will kill them.

I must have missed this at the end, did we actually see the neighbour's face? I though he was just looking through the fence. Would be interesting if it did turn out to be someone a bit different. Surely they must be doing a season 3 with the way they left it.

I enjoyed season 2, it was good to learn a little more about Joe's background, but agree that Love was a bit annoying/not that likeable.

I was a little confused by the end when Love killed Candice, surely there would be CCTV in the self storage corridors and what did she do with the body? Are we assuming she/her family cleared it all up but they just didn't show that bit?

covetingthepreciousthings Fri 03-Jan-20 08:01:04

I must have missed this at the end, did we actually see the neighbour's face?

No we didn't, but there's just a lot of fan theories that it will be his mum as it looked to be a slightly older ladies hand and with all the flashbacks..

I think there will definitely be a season 3, as Penn Badgley (?) pretty much confirmed it in an interview. I'm looking forward to the dynamic of Joe and Love being together.. I wonder if they will do more parts from her perspective, didn't they do that with Beck?

Re: Candice, I think it's just assumed that because the Quinn's managed to cover up a murder previously that this will just be covered up because of their name etc.

Ivalueloyaltyaboveallelse Fri 03-Jan-20 08:02:57

I enjoyed, however like a pp said not sure Love would have gotten away with Candice’s murder in the hallway of a storage unit or not been seen covered in Delilah’s blood. I know the family has a lot of connections however when there is clear cctv evidence can you just cover it up?

TeachesOfPeaches Fri 03-Jan-20 08:06:23

People thinking that the rich and famous can't get away with murder - Jeffrey Epstein anyone?

I LOVED the show. Apparently the first series was thought to be just some crappy Liftetime type of show until Netflix picked it up after seeing potential.

Looks like he has his eye on the neighbour for next series !

whiskeyandice Fri 03-Jan-20 08:12:25

I loved how Love ended up as nuts as him. Did not see that coming!!!

MildredHubble12 Fri 03-Jan-20 08:27:38

Yes it would be very interesting to see the dynamic between Joe and Love, with a new baby especially. I wonder if they will do any plotting together or if we see things from her POV.

There was a book of each series, had anyone read them? I'm hoping there might be another book before the next series comes out so we don't have to wait.

I think Penn Bagley is really good at playing a creepy serial killer but still being sort of likeable (to me anyway). Does anyone else fancy him or is it weird that I do? blush

covetingthepreciousthings Fri 03-Jan-20 08:30:26

Does anyone else fancy him or is it weird that I do?

blush yes, but I wasn't going to admit it till someone else did.

JeremyIronsBenFolds Fri 03-Jan-20 17:28:09

I’ve read both the books, I thought the second one definitely wasn’t as good as the first, so I didn’t have high hopes for this series. However, they only really very loosely took the story from it, and I actually think they improved it! I thought this series started off very slow, but the last episodes from where Delilah was taken really picked up and I was gripped by the end, even knowing (sort of) how it was going to go. Poor old Forty. Apparently Caroline Kepnes is writing a third book, but given the ending points are pretty different I can’t see how they’ll use much of it for the third series. The tv show has definitely grown into its own thing now.

Coughy4u Fri 03-Jan-20 18:16:36

Ew i dont fancy him. I hadnt read or talked to anyone when i was watching but my impresion from her body, her leg and hands that shes older.

Coughy4u Fri 03-Jan-20 18:18:26

And i fancied that weirdo in jennifer lopez the boy next door film 🤷🏼‍♀️. Joe is so not handsome he reminds me of the husbabd in modern families to that annoying blonde.

BanKittenHeels Fri 03-Jan-20 18:20:34

I actually think the 8:52 does mean more than just a time.

John 8:52
At this they exclaimed, "Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that whoever obeys your word will never taste death.

Luke 8:52
Meanwhile, all the people were wailing and mourning for her. “Stop wailing,” Jesus said. “She is not dead but asleep.”

WingingWonder Sun 05-Jan-20 23:33:20

It looked at the end like it could merge into wisteria lane and into the plot of desperate housewives 😂

GoingBackTo505 Sun 05-Jan-20 23:51:11

I think there will definitely be a third series. The author of the books has written a third and is working on a fourth I think.
Im convinced I think there will definitely be a third series. The author of the books has written a third and is working on a fourth I think.
Im convinced the neighbour is his mum. There was so much focus on the flashbacks of them, it has to come to something.

GoingBackTo505 Sun 05-Jan-20 23:51:53

No idea what happened to my post just then but you get my gist 😂

Cookiedough123 Mon 06-Jan-20 00:00:55

I thought he was suddenly going to come out of his trip and delilah was still alive and love wasnt as crazy as him. Good ending though

Inappropriatefemale Mon 06-Jan-20 07:52:41

I loved this season but I preferred season 1 and I wasn’t a fan of Love even before it came out that she was a killer too, Beck was far more my kind of girl.

A pp mentioned that they didn’t think that the actress who played Delilah was any good at acting but IMO it was Love that couldn’t act, she did that overacting thing with their facial expressions that crap actors do because they think it makes them look like great actors, it doesn’t, it makes them look like the shit actor that they are!

Also a pp mentioned that Joe has a ‘type’ because they’re slim white middle class woman, erm I’d say as he is a slim white working/middle class guy then he is going for ‘his own’, and Beck and Love looked totally different from one another and Love looked like her hair needed a wash in every episode!

Inappropriatefemale Mon 06-Jan-20 07:56:57

I don’t think Penn Badgley is nice looking at all, he is short and skinny and I follow him on IG and whilst he converses with us little folks then he comes across very intense towards his wife on an Instagram post, almost a bit like Joe! shock he wrote a big long post about how amazing she was, inspiration etc etc, is it just me or do most Americans come out with really intense things that most British folk just wouldn’t say to their other half?! Americans are all about talking about their feelings etc, etc, and I think the post he wrote should’ve been between he and his wife, not the world of IG because the first thing I thought when I read it was that he was exactly like Joe!

Littlepond Mon 06-Jan-20 07:58:49

Is there any relevance to their names (Forty, Love) being tennis scores?

Inappropriatefemale Mon 06-Jan-20 10:06:47

Mmm I never thought of this but their father did like tennis so maybe!

bananaskinsnomnom Mon 06-Jan-20 17:21:40

I like the theory that the woman next door is his mum!

There was a scene, the flashback where the mum gave him some cash to buy some ice cream and meat her somewhere later. She then gave him a handbag too. My initial thought was that she was going to commit suicide (as she had given him all her belongings) and I think it was the last episode that there was a flashback to Joe going into the children’s home.

It was an unanswered question I guess unless I missed it- is that where we think she abandoned him?

Jonsnowsghost Mon 06-Jan-20 17:41:33

@Inappropriatefemale I saw that post too! Bit intense...I liked that someone had commented "blink once if you are ok" or something like that and he replied saying it made him laugh 😅

Sorry but I'm in the fancy camp blush

Inappropriatefemale Mon 06-Jan-20 17:49:11

Yes Jonsnowsghost this was the post I was referring too and yes he laughed but then I suppose he had too.

He is quite attractive but nah, not my type and anyway I’m sure Domino would have have something to say about this!

He just seems ‘intense’ iyswim.

BanKittenHeels Mon 06-Jan-20 18:18:58

I thought she abandoned him on the beach. I didn’t think about suicide, that’s interesting.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in