Talk

Advanced search

SCD 2019 — Semi-finals, two dances but hope we don't fill two threads! (Spoiler free)

(993 Posts)
PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Sun 01-Dec-19 20:10:42

Last thread here.

The glitterball gets ever closer!

snowybaubles Sun 08-Dec-19 01:15:47

It wasnt a spoiler tho was it?

Well, the bit where you said 'when I posted x had gone out it was a joke, o didn't actually know at the time they had gone' or something very similar totally was an intention spoiler.

Why are you even here?

Bluffinwithmymuffin Sun 08-Dec-19 06:38:20

TheMustressMhor

I think Kelvin will lift the Glitterball this year.

Yes. I can’t see Kelvin not winning- but that’s exactly what I thought a few years ago about Danny Mac.

Bluffinwithmymuffin Sun 08-Dec-19 07:08:27

Re the spoiler person, I completely agree about them being neither big nor clever - or amusing in any way - but can I suggest that we totally ignore their presence on this thread from now on, unless they spoil again, in which case, they’ll surely get a ban. Whatever happens, they can’t spoil the final for us.

See the rest of you lovely people later for the results show fsmile

Piggywaspushed Sun 08-Dec-19 07:37:12

This is beyond bonkers.

Shmithecat2 Sun 08-Dec-19 08:09:27

Just caught up on last night. Kelvin has definitely proved the doubters wrong when they said he was too big built to do ballroom. That quick step was amazing! His frame was superb. I have a feeling he will be robbed of the glitterball by Karim, but maybe I'm just preparing myself for disappointment. He deserves to win. I still watch the week 1 Samba he did more regularly than I care to admit. 😳

PoshSelectionOfBiscuitsMachine Sun 08-Dec-19 08:29:37

Morning all,
Just popping on to say I agree with Bluffin, let's ignore.
Also, I loved both of Kelvin and Oti's dances last night, and really I think he should win. Now off to avoid social media for the rest of the day smile

DingDongSchadenfreudeOnHigh Sun 08-Dec-19 08:30:21

I suggest that we totally ignore their presence on this thread from now on,

I agree.

NigesFakeWalkingStick Sun 08-Dec-19 08:33:34

Watched on a delay last night tending to a poorly toddler, haven't been as active this year as last. Just don't quite feel it the same way for some reason.

Anyway - I loved both Kelvin's dances. Enjoyed Karims first but not the second, and Emma doesn't really do for me in any instance. You could see the discrepancy between the top 3 and Chris last night, no disrespect to him as I think he's bloody fantastic. I imagine in any case he'll be in the DO tonight.

Kelvin to win for me.

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Sun 08-Dec-19 08:42:05

I have a feeling he will be robbed of the glitterball by Karim

I'm not convinced. I don't think Karim has as much public support and the final is all down to the public. He's been in the dance off despite being 2nd (?) on the leaderboard.

jinglebitch Sun 08-Dec-19 09:23:20

Very late to party, but need to correct someone who said Emma didn't have dance experience....she played Roxie in Chicago in the West End! Perhaps not ballroom, but how much of this whole experience for a non dancer is learning choreography, then perform in front of a live audience?

Focalpoint Sun 08-Dec-19 09:27:25

It will be very interesting to see who's in the dance off tonight with Chris as a signal of the popularity context. I've a feeling it might be Karim.

Shmithecat2 Sun 08-Dec-19 09:42:31

@DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn

I'm being deliberately pessimistic. I'm desperate for Kelvin to win.

billysboy Sun 08-Dec-19 09:46:33

Chris is the man for me not a whiff of a ringer about him

I bet that Anton retires after this series

Sparklybaublefest Sun 08-Dec-19 09:49:47

what is the glitterball trophy all about?
the most improved?
the best dancer?

although in the end it is the public's decision, so popularity.

What time is it on next week, and what time will it finish?

lynsey91 Sun 08-Dec-19 09:50:44

I think it will be Kelvin or Emma that wins. Don't rule out Emma as she and Anton seem to have a lot of support

Horsemad Sun 08-Dec-19 09:51:26

As they did 2 dances this week, which dance is danced again for the DO?

unkindnessofravens Sun 08-Dec-19 10:03:41

@Horsemad they usually dance their highest scoring dance in the DO

Mammaaofxx Sun 08-Dec-19 10:11:19

Morning, just wanted to come on and say I'm really sorry if last night didnt go down as I intended. I'm sorry if you feel I've spoilt it but it wasnt a spoiler I promise. I wont comment on this thread again. Enjoy the results tonight x

snowybaubles Sun 08-Dec-19 10:16:47

What is wrong with you?

Of course it was a bloody spoiler. Even if the first post was a badly judged joke, second one where you said you didn't know it was actually who had gone out when you made the original comment was 100% a spoiler.

You are really not welcome or wanted here

Beveren Sun 08-Dec-19 10:19:17

I don't think Chris is final material, but the choice of dances last night for him seemed to be almost deliberately set up for him to fail, particularly the rhumba.

JumpyLiz Sun 08-Dec-19 10:23:22

Agree with the pp who said it’s probably best to ignore that pair of tossers who pop up with spoiler talk.

I’m starting to think Emma is in with a shout of winning this year.

TheMustressMhor Sun 08-Dec-19 10:24:50

I think, Beveren, that Chris is the weakest dancer left out of the four.

He's done so well to get this far but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the DO this evening.

GrouchyKiwi Sun 08-Dec-19 10:26:23

The choice of dances was very uneven.

Kelvin and Karim got two crowd-pleasing dances each, Chris got difficult ones, and Emma got boring ones that people generally don't enjoy.

TheMustressMhor Sun 08-Dec-19 10:27:10

JumpyLiz I have been wondering the same thing about Emma and Anton - but I have a feeling that Kelvin is going to win, all the same.

Anton is hugely popular but I am not sure that Emma is.

I have watched Anton dance this series and have been disappointed with some of his routines. If he is retiring after this, it would be lovely if he won - but I think Kelvin has a bigger fan base.

wowfudge Sun 08-Dec-19 10:27:48

I suspect Karim and Chris will be in the dance off. Last night crystallised for me that Kelvin should win unless his final is a nightmare.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »