Talk

Advanced search

SCD 2019 — Semi-finals, two dances but hope we don't fill two threads! (Spoiler free)

(993 Posts)
PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Sun 01-Dec-19 20:10:42

Last thread here.

The glitterball gets ever closer!

Bluffinwithmymuffin Sun 01-Dec-19 20:35:49

MaggieFS
But if anyone can help me make sure I never let anyone call me names, that would be handy.

🤣

SchadenfreudePersonified Sun 01-Dec-19 20:36:43

Anton barely looks at Emma. Complete indifference.

It's embarrassingly obvious. FFS - he's a professional. He should hide his feelings in front of the cameras. Would it kill him to be polite?

GoingToWearPantiesLikeAnElf Sun 01-Dec-19 20:37:28

I think it's interesting that Anton has largely been able to avoid dances he won't have fancied

Ach, it makes up for being lumbered off the bat with Susannah and a samba in week one last year.
I did on a previous thread (tis me rage) an analysis of pattern of dance (overinvested, me?!) when someone said that Tony Beak was avoiding all things Latin.
In actual fact him and Emma were one of the few that were very balanced in alternating styles compared with Chris, Alex and Kelvin. I might refind and review in a bit have nothing else in my life
I am/was a bit of a fanton but not this year as it happens as, compared with Ruth, the chemistry just isn't there. I enjoyed Send in the clowns but that was the only one of theirs I have truly liked.
She hasn't lived up to the Ringer expectations, put it that way, whether in full training or not.
I also remember being underwhelmed by Anton and Katie's showdance and thinking I would have preferred Anita's although I was sorry we didn't see Katie's VW again. So I might like to see Karen in the finals again...except I haven't forgotten that Mark Wright's freestyle was running up and down the stairs a lot.
Bring back Neil - yes, it would have been a fourth street-commercial but at least he hasn't ever been in the final and squandered the opportunity!

NumbersStation Sun 01-Dec-19 20:37:59

Now after a particularly harrowing day, and being unable to watch live and relying on the thread to give me suitable frissons of anticipation, I have just about become composed enough to post after thick cnuts managed to spoil it all again.

Don’t call me thick? If the dance shoe fits...

But you can call me thick if you think I thought there was any possibility of your reveal being a mis-step/accident/faux pas. My fat arse it was. And one look at who your cheerleader/apologist has cemented it.

Future Thread title. My pitchfork your arse if you post any results early. Try me.

NumbersStation Sun 01-Dec-19 20:38:43

And independent adjudicator my arse an all....

SauvignonBlanche Sun 01-Dec-19 20:39:27

So glad I was busy canvassing and missed all the spoilers.

Bluffinwithmymuffin Sun 01-Dec-19 20:41:39

Piggywaspushed

Thanks for new thread and clear title!!!!!

I’ve just realised I put the word ‘reveal’ in the title yesterday, which may be why some silly sods thought it was okay to tell us who left six hours before the results show blush

<backs away from thread>

HauntedmessFrogbeaver Sun 01-Dec-19 20:42:10

Thanks for the thread. May the twat twins twat off.

Downside to strictly result is I end up watching the Dark Materials, which is more baffling than some of the voting confused

NumbersStation Sun 01-Dec-19 20:42:32

Sad about Alex but so glad chris is still in. I want to see non dancers get in the final.

Not ringers or people doing west end auditions.

No names no packdrills. Plenty of eyes teeth and I’m amazing/EYE got 10s THOUGH grin

awaynboilyurheid Sun 01-Dec-19 20:43:29

Happy the two I thought would be in the dance off were in the DO! and glad Chris got through but even more happy Karim Kelvin are through. I I keep forgetting about Emma I liked her dance when I saw it but all her dances are forgettable in the final vt Anton just looked fed up.

GoGoLego Sun 01-Dec-19 20:44:09

TitsInAbsentia
That's a bit of a logistical nightmare. Hope the panto encore doesn't go too long as she'll have to have a swift exit

covetingthepreciousthings Sun 01-Dec-19 20:47:04

Thanks for the new thread.

I'm really gutted to see them go, I hope Neil gets a partner again next year. Their Charleston is one of my favourites, loved the choreography.

Apolloanddaphne Sun 01-Dec-19 20:53:35

I'm glad I missed the spoilers. I suspect Chris will go next week.

Bluffinwithmymuffin Sun 01-Dec-19 20:56:45

I predict a real humdinger of a shock exit next week that sees Chris getting all the way to the final.

MaggieFS Sun 01-Dec-19 20:56:43

@NumbersStation That is a cracking suggestion for a thread title. Please can we remember it!

GrouchyKiwi Sun 01-Dec-19 20:58:07

Who is doing the Argentine Tango next week?

AnneKipanki Sun 01-Dec-19 20:58:11

wine

SchadenfreudePersonified Sun 01-Dec-19 20:59:01

I'd love to see that Bluffin.

covetingthepreciousthings Sun 01-Dec-19 20:59:19

@GrouchyKiwi Karim

GrouchyKiwi Sun 01-Dec-19 21:00:48

Bummer. Thanks coveting. I was hoping Kelvin and Oti would be. They're the only ones left with any chemistry.

JumpyLiz Sun 01-Dec-19 21:04:58

Thanks for new thread. Hopefully it will be clear enough for the resident Tossers on the Internet hmm

NumbersStation Sun 01-Dec-19 21:05:54

Aye kelvin looked a bit grim.

I reckon it is because Chris is competition for the ball that is glittery.

Strictly loves an underdog which is why I think it could be an Emma and Karim or Kelvin dance off next week.

Even if Karim gets through to the final I can’t see him winning. He is a good technician - of course he is. But he doesn’t get any emotion or story across. and he is a ringer grin

I think Emma of the eyes is getting through on the Antonettes vote.

Kelvin will likely go through as he does get the story across, can dance and to me anyway seems a likeable chap.

I love Chris dancing - he gives an air of joy out. Do I want him to win? Yes.

But I’m a bugger for the underdog, a bit of joy and a non dancer managing to dance for the millions.

I know nowt about dance - as is probably clear - but I love feeling something when I watch dancing or hear music or look at art. And I will probably vote each time with my heart.

ppeatfruit Sun 01-Dec-19 21:06:16

Well Well I reckon if Craig thought Alex was better than Chris then I respect that opinion. She has undisciplined feet but still she danced better than Chris IMO, though I like him , he seems a genuine bloke which is much more than I could say for the "non dancer" Karim Who just happened to play Simba in The Lion King fgs!!!!!!!!

So now only ONE woman is left. Another ringer..

NumbersStation Sun 01-Dec-19 21:07:21

Thank you @MaggieFS

I’ve sharpened me prongs grin

AppleKatie Sun 01-Dec-19 21:08:49

Sad for Alex but happy for Chris I’m a fan of both of them. They are much much more strictly for me than the ringers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »