Talk

Advanced search

SCD 2019 *Still waiting for the big bombshell reveal...!

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Bluffinwithmymuffin Sat 30-Nov-19 13:59:04

New thread.... hope that’s okay

Mammaaofxx Sun 01-Dec-19 14:44:46

It wasnt on purpose. I've just admitted the last one was on purpose so why would I not just say. Honestly I've had an eye opener today. I'd never let anyone in real life call me them names. You've really upset me

SoupDragon Sun 01-Dec-19 14:44:47

Yes, they have.

Although I wouldn't put it past the poster to do it again

ellenanora5 Sun 01-Dec-19 14:45:21

Not much point rushing back tonight now is there, I don't join in much on these threads anymore but I love reading them and it's always been no spoilers, feck sake!

JenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 01-Dec-19 14:45:46

Hi all,

We know emotions are running high. But we expect you all to stick to the Talk guidelines and refrain from personal attacks or goady comments.

SoupDragon Sun 01-Dec-19 14:46:11

So, you "accidentally" managed to post who else was in the dance off having just been roundly told off for posting a spoiler and apologising for that.

Yeah, pull the other one.

derxa Sun 01-Dec-19 14:46:14

The last post was deliberate as you've all been so awful to me. grin
You're a wee jester

Mammaaofxx Sun 01-Dec-19 14:46:38

No I wont post it again, I would appreciate an apology from those who called me names tho. I have apologised numerous times

SoupDragon Sun 01-Dec-19 14:48:37

I'm sorry you're upset that people were angry at you deliberately posting 2 spoilers and 1 "by accident".

Encyclo Sun 01-Dec-19 14:50:31

I was putting up my Christmas tree and I've managed to avoid the spoiler.

Is the thread safe to scroll back through?

iklboo Sun 01-Dec-19 14:51:58

Yes they've been deleted now.

billysboy Sun 01-Dec-19 14:55:08

about time the bbc stopped making it in two shows and just told it how it is with a results show on saturday night

Encyclo Sun 01-Dec-19 14:56:56

Thanks @ikboo

FuzzyPuffling Sun 01-Dec-19 14:57:21

Hello "horrible" people. grin

May I just say I loves you all and I didn't read the spoilers. Thank goodness. But only because I was out.
Otherwise I would have been very cross indeed

Bluffinwithmymuffin Sun 01-Dec-19 15:01:47

I’m sorry someone spoilt tonight’s results show. After the last time it happened I thought we were safe.
<counts to 10 and takes pitchfork back to garden shed>

Encyclo Sun 01-Dec-19 15:02:54

Bunch of meanies. I don't know why I hang out with you all 😆

Annnnyway back to the dancing. Could this be Anton's year? Emma will deserves massive credit if it is, but if she gets him to the final and it's down to the GBP, I think he could win it.

Beveren Sun 01-Dec-19 15:07:59

If a programme hasn't been aired yet, how difficult is it to work out that telling people what happens will spoil their enjoyment of it and is therefore to be avoided?

Redcrayons Sun 01-Dec-19 15:08:45

Are we safe?

Beveren Sun 01-Dec-19 15:09:20

I suspect the GBP would vote for Kelvin over Emma.

Ravenesque Sun 01-Dec-19 15:10:04

Most years there's a point in the show when I have an itch to know who went home before the results show. First time this season was last week and I went to the digispy thread that is for spoilers. Most people are fully aware that on general SCD threads spoilers are a no no, it's just not fair on people who look forward to the results show.

Wheresthebeach Sun 01-Dec-19 15:11:54

I hope Anton wins. I think last night was great, Emma has made improvement, maybe they are finally getting a similar amount of practice as the rest of them.

At 53 I think he’s frankly amazing...for sure not great at Latin but he’s so light in ballroom. There are enough hunks on the show, nice to have someone in a different mould.

Second choice would be Oti, don’t like Kelvin much but think Oti was robbed when she was with Dani Mac.

Just saw on Digital spy that Shirley saying Anton might win! That’s a change of tune.

Encyclo Sun 01-Dec-19 15:14:08

@Beveren I'm thinking about Anton's popularity though. There's a lot of support out there for him.

Piggywaspushed Sun 01-Dec-19 15:15:58

I lead a virtuous and blessed life. I once again managed to avoid the spoiler.

This time because I was reading a book.

Encyclo Sun 01-Dec-19 15:19:41

Wouldn't it be ironic after all the talk of them not getting on, of him not wanting to still be there, if Emma won it for him?

Quartz2208 Sun 01-Dec-19 15:20:37

This really does show the bbc should drop the facade that it on Sunday and just show it on Saturday. Then it would stop all of this

digerd Sun 01-Dec-19 15:27:14

Polkadots I too noticed Kelvins belated steps in time with the 6/8 rather fast VW/AS at the beginning. Thought it was a ballroom poetic licence thing, but obviously not. After seeing him in rehearsals clearly trying to do no rise and fall and instead every movement was with bent knees, I was not expecting how good he looked on the night. One pp said he looked camp in his dance but perhaps it was those cavalier type long blousey sleeves which I found very fetching and in keeping with the rest of his costume and the character/style of his dance. smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.