Talk

Advanced search

The Baby Has Landed

(797 Posts)
Sotiredsomuch Wed 27-Nov-19 21:05:02

Anyone watching?

I love stuff like this.

titnomatani Thu 05-Dec-19 21:03:28

Did anyone else notice the Nkrumah dad put baby Ramiyah down to sleep on her tummy? That made me wince too. As well as when grandma (?) told the younger boy there was no place for him in his mums bed now that the baby was here :/

purpleme12 Thu 05-Dec-19 21:05:02

Yes I noticed he put her on her tummy! But perplexed at that

cushioncovers Thu 05-Dec-19 21:08:18

As well as when grandma (?) told the younger boy there was no place for him in his mums bed now that the baby was here :/

Yep I thought that was really mean.

vivacian Thu 05-Dec-19 21:08:52

When did he do that? When they were in the kitchen?

(Reminds me of the baby at guides, on the side with all of the knives!).

PixieDustt Thu 05-Dec-19 21:09:45

I really wish someone - a producer or camera person, anyone - would talk to Syler and Mo about safe sleeping. The woolly hat and all the blankets are freaking me out

I thought exactly the same! Also the smoking I noticed the pushchair was right outside where he was smoking.

PixieDustt Thu 05-Dec-19 21:12:03

With my DS who is 4 months I was told they can't be put in a hat overnight or in the house

titnomatani Thu 05-Dec-19 21:14:34

* When did he do that? When they were in the kitchen?*

Yes, just before he sat down to have his meal. They showed it three times at least him trying to settle her by placing her on her tummy.

Sotiredsomuch Thu 05-Dec-19 21:52:32

It definitely seemed like the gran just decided to say that about him sleeping in mum and dads he’d ... obviously she doesn’t approve of it.

Babybel90 Thu 05-Dec-19 22:22:58

I cannot understand the parents from the family with 5 kids going out to guides and scouts to spend time with other people’s kids rather than their own, I found that terribly sad when their own children are so young.

I’m looking forward to seeing how the gay couple are when they get the babies home, I think they’re going to be great parents.

Was one of the small Nkrumah boys sleeping on a pull out bed? It doesn’t look like they’ve got much space in that house, it’s going to be a squeeze with three teenagers!

Alwaysfrank Thu 05-Dec-19 23:00:13

I thought that the general rule with babies was to be wary of overheating? Better to be too cold than too hot, so very surprising to see all the indoor hats!

Nextphonewontbesamsung Fri 06-Dec-19 03:35:37

It was filmed in the summer so too late for anyone (producers or crew) to say anything about the various unsafe sleeping arrangements. But I would like to see a strong message about the SIDS guidelines added to the credits or at the start of the programme, or just those scenes cut out. It's quite troubling.

vivacian Fri 06-Dec-19 03:47:20

It was filmed in the summer so too late for anyone (producers or crew) to say anything about the various unsafe sleeping arrangements.

I don’t quite get what you mean.

Nextphonewontbesamsung Fri 06-Dec-19 04:02:31

It was my thoughts on snowballer's post at 20.20 yesterday.

vivacian Fri 06-Dec-19 04:22:01

I know. But why would the fact it was filmed in the summer mean that someone in the production team couldn’t have mentioned the SIDS guidance to the parents? Or, if it was due to journalistic reasons, why couldn’t a message be added to the end titles?

Nextphonewontbesamsung Fri 06-Dec-19 05:20:34

Because it happened 6 months ago.

vivacian Fri 06-Dec-19 07:21:11

(Is it just me?).

WendyMoiraAngelaDarling Fri 06-Dec-19 07:23:31

confused it's not just you.

Sparklybaublefest Fri 06-Dec-19 07:28:21

i doubt the camera men would be able to voice any opinions

vivacian Fri 06-Dec-19 07:37:51

I don’t think it’s an opinion though. The risks associated with sleep position and smoking are facts.

Whatever the season confused

It’s not nice for the participants having invited them in to their home only to realise later that they were happily filming behaviour that endangered their baby’s safety.

Sparklybaublefest Fri 06-Dec-19 07:38:57

email the bbc

CaptainMyCaptain Fri 06-Dec-19 07:50:51

Unless the camera men/women have their own children they wouldn't necessarily know about those things.

vivacian Fri 06-Dec-19 08:14:50

I think that’s quite likely.

Girliefriendlikespuppies Fri 06-Dec-19 08:32:38

I've been watching this as well, the surrogacy set up makes me very uncomfortable, watching the newborns trying to find their mums boob to latch on to (when they were skin to skin on their dads) was really sad.

It feels very much like rent a womb tbh.

lynsey91 Fri 06-Dec-19 09:14:33

If it was filmed in the summer why on earth where all the babies wearing hats?

Two of my neighbours had babies recently and they didn't have hats put on them when they were born (I asked them).

Mum of 5 asking her daughter if they should have more babies! She needs to concentrate on the ones she has.

WaterSheep Fri 06-Dec-19 09:16:35

Mum of 5 asking her daughter if they should have more babies!

That made me uncomfortable, especially since we already know the dad isn't on board with having a large family.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »