Talk

Advanced search

The Baby Has Landed

(795 Posts)
Sotiredsomuch Wed 27-Nov-19 21:05:02

Anyone watching?

I love stuff like this.

NoSauce Thu 28-Nov-19 11:15:20

Syler’s mum is annoying. Felt sorry for Mo, give the man a chance!

emmaw1405 Thu 28-Nov-19 12:56:02

I had 4 under 5 and I'm glad that I'm not the only one that lives in a bit of chaos and noise!

I thought the surrogate and her husband both looked really uncomfortable when she was having her belly felt!

MintyT Thu 28-Nov-19 15:53:35

I loved it too, but Mo MIL I didn't like much,

Nannewnannew Thu 28-Nov-19 16:45:16

I absolutely adore Elijah and Ezra, they were so cute when their Mum was crying. Such a lovely family.

BenScalesIsAGod Thu 28-Nov-19 17:04:01

MIL from hell!!

Nextphonewontbesamsung Thu 28-Nov-19 17:26:46

I thought Mo's mil was completely awful! He needs to quite smoking but so does she. She's just so mouthy and opinionated and spouting absolute crap. And her house! cringe.

Ezra and Elijah made me wish I have small children in the house again. What absolutely gorgeous kids, so lovely.

The family with 5 children otoh are out of control. Their 2 older children should have been able to sit still for a minute to have a picture taken (I know they are still young but they are old enough). I feel sad for the youngest baby girl before the newborn in that family. She has been the baby for such a short time.

As for the 2 Dads ... I suppose it's the editing but they seriously don't seem to have a clue about what they are doing. Baby Converse ffs! How can people who are at least in their 30s be so clueless?

Can't wait for next week's episode.

fonxey Thu 28-Nov-19 18:15:33

Syler's mum annoyed me too! I do love the idea of close families, but there's a time when you actually need to step away from your other and be your own person.

Syler send to still rely very much on her. Mo is from a very different culture, but seems to be trying, but gets no help, if the opposite from his in laws.

The gay couple yeah... Babies aren't toy dogs, they aren't fashion accessories! However I'm sure that's in the editing as well. They emphasised their DIY ineptitude a lot. And it must also be rather surreal for them. They don't have to live with a pregnancy so all they have to do is nest and prepare. I'm sure they have all the essentials, they've just got a little over excited and it's all they can do. Oregon the same with many having children through surrogate.

I loved Ezrah and Elijah and their parents. They seemed like the most normal ones! As couple they seemed really good together and happy. And as parents really good too.

Sotiredsomuch Thu 28-Nov-19 18:31:38

There were parts of Mo I didn’t like but it doesn’t seem like a lot of the way he was might be due to his heritage and I think a lot of the time he was just trying to be funny. My OH is like that and I just roll my eyes. I disliked his wife more tbh, she just seemed like a whinge but late pregnancy and early motherhood is hard so I’ll wait until I make my mind up about her.

vivacian Thu 28-Nov-19 19:40:42

Glad that there's a thread about this.

I really liked the gay couple and the superhero family. I loved both of their households and families.
I liked mum-of-five's cool, but the chaos! Just watching them take the photo stressed me out.

I'm afraid I really couldn't warm to Syler's family. I do think that Syler and Mo would be better off living in their own space. And the smoking sad

SylerB Thu 28-Nov-19 19:43:12

I thought mumsnet was meant to be a place of support but clearly not your all just judgemental! I was never told about the safe sleeping until ace was around 6 weeks old! So instead of slagging a new first time mum off why not show some support? You have only seen 20 minutes out of 6 weeks of filming so far! I just hope your kids don’t read these awful comments!!

SylerB Thu 28-Nov-19 19:45:12

Just to clear it up ace is 8.5 months now sleeps in a sleeping bag at the foot of the crib! You ain’t gonna agree with everyone’s parenting ways but please think about how this makes another mother/human feel when reading these!

Sotiredsomuch Thu 28-Nov-19 19:48:09

I don’t think any of these are particularly ‘awful comments’ Syler. People are just giving their opinion which we are entitled to do.

You can’t go on TV then get upset because not everyone agrees with everything you did.

SylerB Thu 28-Nov-19 19:49:51

So what there saying about my mother isn’t awful? Everyone is entitled to there opinion but no need to be so personal about someone you don’t know

Sotiredsomuch Thu 28-Nov-19 19:53:49

I think you’ve done the wrong thing coming on here looking for this thread tbh.

SylerB Thu 28-Nov-19 19:55:31

I didn’t come on here looking it got sent to me so I’m clearly going to come then and look

WendyMoiraAngelaDarling Thu 28-Nov-19 20:01:54

* I just hope your kids don’t read these awful comments!!*

Why? What might happen? They're not awful comments at all. Nothing I would be worried about my child seeing...

Fwiw though I thought your family were ok. I'm from Nottingham myself so warmed to you because of that I suppose. Must be tensions all living under the same roof as you do but you all seem close and loving. I did judge the constant smoking then picking the baby up I have to admit but as you say we only saw a small portion of your lives on the programme. You seem like a caring and loving mother and MNetters can be a bit snobby so don't worry about it smile

WendyMoiraAngelaDarling Thu 28-Nov-19 20:05:19

FWIW the gay couple were the most annoying to me. Totally unrealistic and unprepared and I think all the adults involved in that situation haven't given anywhere near enough thought to how all the children involved will be affected.

MoltoAgitato Thu 28-Nov-19 20:06:16

Find it a bit odd to go on nationwide tv and then get a bit funny about people talking about it.

Can’t agree with surrogacy at all - think it’s abhorrent to have a baby only to take it away from it’s mother.

MidnightMystery Thu 28-Nov-19 20:06:59

I love shows like this, Thankyou watching it on catch up now!

Sotiredsomuch Thu 28-Nov-19 20:08:00

People said nice things about your family too. I think you’re being a bit unfair.

marmitemayonnaise Thu 28-Nov-19 20:10:46

I really enjoyed the first episode. I've found the first few weeks with a newborn totally knocked me sideways, particularly with my first so I hope they reflect some of that in the show.

The family with five kids, wow. Since having our second I applaud anyone willing to go through the first year more than once or twice.

I was really shocked to see the family where the dad and grandmother were smoking, I was surprised they showed that as I imagine the family will receive some harsh judgement for that.

MyDcAreMarvel Thu 28-Nov-19 20:25:51

Syler if you read my post you will see I questioned the midwife/health visitor not yourself re the blanket.

MyDcAreMarvel Thu 28-Nov-19 20:27:14

And the smoking admittedly but that wasn’t yourself.

titnomatani Thu 28-Nov-19 20:35:30

I loved both granddads in Syler's family but do think Syler and her mum were bullying Mo- the way they spoke to him was disturbing. Maybe there's a big backstory but to talk to him they way they did was out of order. Also, the couple seemed really detached. Felt uneasy about the blankets thing too.

The gay couple annoyed me- could they be anymore stereotypical? The whole talking to the dogs like they were babies was weird. I don't think they know what's coming with twins. And, the surrogate lady's husband- there are some major unresolved issues there.

The parents of five sent shivers down my spine- they are very brave but I couldn't help but think the couple were living the wife's dream and the husband would've wanted things differently.

FluffOffFFS Thu 28-Nov-19 20:39:19

@SylerB How are things? Have you recovered from the birth? I had a planned section due to the baby being breech, was it the same for you?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »