Alright boomers, Lord Sugar will see you at 9pm

(271 Posts)
dillite Wed 27-Nov-19 19:05:42

Only ugly tattoos are allowed tonight.

Noeuf Wed 04-Dec-19 21:51:34

Thank you xx

AutumnCrow Wed 04-Dec-19 21:36:45

Come here @Noeuf

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/telly_addicts/3760545-Would-you-like-to-try-a-sniff-of-eau-du-Apprentice

Noeuf Wed 04-Dec-19 21:13:35

Where are you all? I'm watching it!

Squigean Sun 01-Dec-19 07:40:29

A darn it, I miss the words out and messed up parts of my post. (I've be working too many long shifts - my excuse!!).

So I do hope you all realised I meant:

"Was he over enthusiastic about some part of the sex, going on how amazing it was and telling you, you how you love it? Shouting 'lovely' a lot "

Just in case you weren't able to visualise it, I thought I'd rewrite it correctly.

Ah, poor Thomas. I bet he's actually a lovely partner. He does seem like a kind and thoughtful man. Reckon he's be lound and talk a lot (all the time - not just talking about sex now!).

dillite Sun 01-Dec-19 00:14:02

From laughing. I was laughing

dillite Sun 01-Dec-19 00:13:43

You lot just made me wee myself a little visualising that sex scenario

TheHodgeoftheHedge Sat 30-Nov-19 19:58:28

Well he might have said “bosh” at one point 🤣🤣🤣🤣

JustDanceAddict Sat 30-Nov-19 18:13:45

Screaming 😂

ScreamingValenta Sat 30-Nov-19 13:06:53

Squigean Stop it! The images in my head are making me feel ill now! grin

"Lie back on that pillah and I'll give you the time of your life! Guarantee, you're gonna love it. It'll be the best shag you've ever had, you can't get a better shag than this ..."

Noeuf Sat 30-Nov-19 12:51:15

Dh is a chirpy working class retail salesman - I think Thomas reminded me of a Young dh grin

Squigean Sat 30-Nov-19 12:34:18

Was over enthusiastic about some part of it, going on how amazing it was and telling you, you have to love it?

ScreamingValenta Sat 30-Nov-19 11:20:06

Ha ha! Poor you - I think sex with Thomas sounds awful. Others on the thread might envy you, though, as I think he's set many hearts a-fluttering.

TheHodgeoftheHedge Sat 30-Nov-19 11:13:31

Right you lot, I blame you all. I had a sex dream about Thomas last night.

Noeuf Sat 30-Nov-19 10:54:00

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7740353/amp/The-Apprentices-Lottie-Lion-cuts-glamorous-figure-black-sequin-minidress.html

Changing the subject but this came up - is it any wonder Lottie changes get Insta when this shite passes for journalism these days?

I don't read the DM, my dm does so I sometimes flick through it. I didn't realise it was quite so ridiculous.

covetingthepreciousthings Fri 29-Nov-19 19:30:12

Just wanted to chime in to agree that I'd like to see Dara back on You're Fired. I'd even take Adrian Chiles tbh.

The formats been ruined now.

ScreamingValenta Fri 29-Nov-19 16:19:34

Jack Dee also did a series of You're Fired, between Dara and Rhod. That was the year when Romash Ranganathan was a regular panellist, appearing every week. I didn't like that format and was glad when it reverted to its traditional set up when Rhod Gilbert took over, but looking back, even the Jack Dee incarnation was miles better than Tom Allen's effort.

I recall the Adrian Chiles years as being more serious than later series - I think it hit a sweet spot between 'serious' and 'piss take' when Dara took over, and then it's been going downhill since then (but only the present series has actually been unwatchable).

ShinyGiratina Fri 29-Nov-19 15:42:30

Blimey, I'd forgotten it was Adrian Chiles before Dara. There isn't enough breadth on it before and so much missed material for The One Who Got Away!

ScreamingValenta Fri 29-Nov-19 07:20:24

Yes, I've watched You're Fired since the first series with Adrian Chiles. I'm really disappointed that it's been ruined. I'm sure Tom Allen might be funny on other shows, but You're Fired is supposed to be about The Apprentice - not Tom Allen.

Noeuf Thu 28-Nov-19 22:13:29

'Flarrrfy Pillars' i think you mean?

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Thu 28-Nov-19 22:06:41

I always watched and enjoyed You're Fired but have had to bail now. It's unbearable this series.

I took a look at the website for Thomas's business but it's called Fluffy Pillows I think and only lists three kinds of pillows, not fluffy, especially the memory foam and only one size, one of which is sold out. I'm in the market for pillows, but it's mostly beds.

Loveislandaddict Thu 28-Nov-19 22:05:18

I agree, tThe One That Got Away was good.

TitianaTitsling Thu 28-Nov-19 21:55:55

Also miss the one that got away! The bit about if someone else really should have been fired!

WineOrGinOrBoth Thu 28-Nov-19 21:40:36

I can’t watch you’re fired any more as that twat that presents it is only in it for himself. It takes a lot for me to delete something off my planner grin

He’s ruined the show. Ruined it I say.

Loveislandaddict Thu 28-Nov-19 19:06:38

I watched ‘You’re fired’ for the first time this week (because Thomas was on it). The segment I missed was ‘Who do you think is going/like to win?’. It was always interesting to see if the evicted candidates viewed the remaining candidates the same way as the viewers do.

TitsInAbsentia Thu 28-Nov-19 16:41:42

I am ready to endure one more week of Lottie just to see her pulled apart by the interviewers!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »