Talk

Advanced search

Dawson's Creek is really crap

(63 Posts)
MrsPelligrinoPetrichor Tue 26-Nov-19 21:41:49

I was so excited to watch this again right from the beginning as I saw it was on catch up. I explained to teenage ds how everyone used to watch it on Sunday mornings while nursing a hangover from the night before.

We watched the first 10 mins, he rolled his eyes and left the room and I turned it off... it was direconfusedsad

How did we watch such nonsense? Joey and Dawson were actually talking about the fact they have 'genetailia and body hair' now so they shouldn't sleep in the same bed, the script was toe curlingly cringe worthy!

So disappointing,I wish I'd kept it as a lovely memory.

Susiesoap7 Sun 01-Dec-19 14:35:32

I used to love this too, but I haven't got catch up so I can't watch it again!

MrsPelligrinoPetrichor Sun 01-Dec-19 16:18:49

It's on 4 on demand,anyone can access it I thinksmile

ratsnest Sun 01-Dec-19 16:27:18

@CmdrCressidaDuck I actually watched Dawson's Creek off the back of his brilliant pisstake of 'himself' in don't trust the bitch! I love that show smile

IWorkAtTheCheesecakeFactory Sun 01-Dec-19 16:38:23

I really think Katie Holmes was the weak link, acting-wise.

Doesn’t even come close to Andy’s acting.

IWorkAtTheCheesecakeFactory Sun 01-Dec-19 16:39:11

bad acting! grin

AppropriateAdult Sun 01-Dec-19 20:26:45

Yeah, but they ditched her pretty quickly!

IWorkAtTheCheesecakeFactory Sun 01-Dec-19 20:44:07

Not quick enough! She was in it for 2 or 3 seasons! She was painful to watch. And listen to.

Chienloup Mon 02-Dec-19 00:08:17

I'm just here to lay my claim to Pacey!

Yes, it was terrible looking back, but at the time it was so good. I was possibly a little too old to be watching it. But it gave us the divine Michelle Williams and for that I am willing to overlook almost anything.

Dawson was such an arse.

kateandme Tue 03-Dec-19 04:11:22

she was sickening and clearly loved the guys being in love with her.the moment anyone diverted their attention she was in a bad mooooood.
i want them to put the whole of one tree hill up to watch.still waiting...

kateandme Tue 03-Dec-19 04:12:02

tbf though they were meant to be teen age so we were all acting quite like dicks then.

Torchlightt Tue 03-Dec-19 11:41:32

I have to say, I really enjoyed the series, though much too old for it. Maybe because I was too old for it? I had more patience with all the talking than teenagers might have.

ThrilledToTiddlyBits Tue 03-Dec-19 20:00:42

I'm currently watching all episodes of One Tree Hill on Prime. That's aged much better. James VDB is on that for a few eps taking the piss out of himself as Dawson too. It was filmed in the same place as DC, lots of familiar places.

areyouafraidofthedark Tue 03-Dec-19 20:05:12

Dawson's Creek is still my favourite programme from my teenage years. I even bought it on dvd lol.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »