Talk

Advanced search

Niles ironing!

(78 Posts)
Becuna Wed 20-Nov-19 18:42:16

I was really chuffed to see this episode today and even managed to record it smile David Hyde-Pearce is fantastic at physical comedy as is David Schwimmer. I love Frasier, it is my morning staple and this little gem with Niles is so clever, I love it.

Deathraystare Tue 10-Dec-19 18:26:51

I love Niles - especially when describing his wife/ex wife to others.

I cracked up a few days ago when Daphne had put on weight and put food in every corner of the apartment!!

I do like the Raymond show though he is a lazy mummy's boy. His mum makes me laugh.

Becuna Sun 08-Dec-19 19:16:59

They seem to skip episodes, often the announcers will say it's a change from the schedule. Last week it was 'fat' Daphne, my least favourite episodes.

QuiQuaiQuod Thu 05-Dec-19 19:10:27

why does channel 4 and all its others channels jump loads of episodes?

I missed the one where're Frasier tells Daphne about Niles crush on her.

and many others.

Why do they do that????? Its so annoying.

teddyneedsawash Wed 04-Dec-19 19:25:48

I watched a few episodes this week and realised just how much I miss it! If it's not on All4, where can I watch it? Any ideas? DH and I have had a really tough year and I'd love to reprise Frasier as a regular watch for a while!

Doingtheboxerbeat Wed 04-Dec-19 19:16:57

It might be inappropriate but the episode when Fraser is illustrating to Martin and Niles how the conversation would go if he was to criticise Mary, the African American producer who temporarily replaced Daphne. The "I don't think so" clicking waving fingers was hilariously awkward to watch.

IWorkAtTheCheesecakeFactory Wed 04-Dec-19 18:53:15

Eddie was the real star of that show! grin

I loved when he would come in and roll himself all over the sofa then run away when he heard frasier coming. Or when he drank out of niles’ drink without him realising.

Doingtheboxerbeat Wed 04-Dec-19 18:14:58

@drigon, omg I had forgotten about that episode with Eddie and the bra, absolutely brilliant.

drigon Tue 03-Dec-19 23:55:39

One of my favourite episodes is when Daphne is concerned about privacy, but repeatedly finds Frasier snooping round her room and even in her bathroom. It ends up with her catching all three of the men - Frasier, Miles and Martin - in her bedroom due to various farcical circumstances, with Eddie holding her bra in his mouth. So funny! Also love Frasier hiding from his new friend with the squeaky wheelchair and his tartan tammy travelling in mid air. Brilliant.

WheresThatCatGoneNow Tue 03-Dec-19 13:30:58

I like the episode where Frasier and Niles visit their childhood home, believing that a murder was committed there.

Also, I think Roz was my favourite character - her friendship with Martin was lovely. They were totally on the same wavelength.

I always really fancied Bulldog, and the fact that the actor is gay in real-life (I hope think!) just made him all the more cute!

Niles remembering "mustn't run with scissors" was absolute genius grin

IWorkAtTheCheesecakeFactory Tue 03-Dec-19 12:51:42

They’ve done a bit of messing around with the order of the episodes on Ch4 this last couple of weeks. I remember only a few weeks ago that Mel had cited niles “adultery” with daphne as the reason for divorce but now we’re back to episodes that happened before that. It’s confusing.

Mrsjayy Tue 03-Dec-19 12:35:28

Ah right ok I still think I have missed a good few episodes.

IWorkAtTheCheesecakeFactory Tue 03-Dec-19 12:24:17

Niles and Mel eloped to get married so we didn’t see it.

Mrsjayy Tue 03-Dec-19 12:17:08

I watched the 1 where Mel is insisting niles goes to their wedding reception i realised Ive missed half a series i have never seen them get married I always seem to catvh the one i saw today confused

EachandEveryone Tue 03-Dec-19 00:53:30

So many good ones to choose from. I have it on series link. I always love the gay ones. Tonight it was the one were Marty replaces Niles at the opera. Is a seat duster at the opera an actual thing?😄😄😄 Marty pretends to be gay. I think all three of them have done that at some point.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Fri 29-Nov-19 13:08:10

Especially when you see Brits playing Americans in US shows and even Americans can't tell they aren't American! Wasnt one of Daphnes 'brothers' Australian?

BennyTheBall Fri 29-Nov-19 12:48:49

Why DO British characters in American sitcoms have to have such mangled accents?

Daphne’s faux Mancunian, Emily in friends - what even was that accent supposed to be?

Disfordarkchocolate Fri 29-Nov-19 11:50:39

I watched an episode of Colombo last week and the Irish accents were laugh out loud funny. Possible even as bad as Daphne's family.

Doingtheboxerbeat Fri 29-Nov-19 11:47:35

Daphnes family and there various accents made those episodes unwatchable for me. I put it down to non British producers perhaps not seeing the difference in regional accents but there is a show called Blue Bloods on sky and it's is just as bad. They must all be adopted.

TeaAndStrumpets Fri 29-Nov-19 08:04:05

I agree dungarees, it would have been better if Daphne’s family had been left to the imagination, like Maris!

IJustWantToWearDungarees Thu 28-Nov-19 23:27:37

My favourite Frasier episode is Out With Dad, where Martin accompanies Frasier to the opera and ends up attracting the business partner of a woman Frasier fancies. I loved the Niles and Daphne storyline and cried when they got together at her wedding, but Daphne's mother and her brother really do grate. I love the silly pomposity of Frasier and Niles - I identify with it quite a lot myself! 😳

BennyTheBall Thu 28-Nov-19 23:03:48

Love that episode of Frasier.

Hated any episode with Daphne's stupid family in though.

Loved ELR - especially The Canister episode.

MissLadyM Thu 28-Nov-19 22:55:11

That Niles ironing thing was genius. I always liked him more than Frasier but the whole programme and dynamics were fantastic. I was never a huge Daphne fan but it jumped the shark when she got with Niles & her family came into it.

Doingtheboxerbeat Thu 28-Nov-19 22:42:20

I watched todays episode when Fraser is tasked with the simple job of recording a jingle for his show. The orchestra, the choir and Niles' speaking part. Amazing.

AutumnRose1 Wed 27-Nov-19 19:14:33

Three little maids from school are we....

IWorkAtTheCheesecakeFactory Wed 27-Nov-19 19:13:43

Frasier cranes humungous ass! grin frasier stomping around the bathroom singing live on the radio!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »