Talk

Advanced search

Niles ironing!

(78 Posts)
Becuna Wed 20-Nov-19 18:42:16

I was really chuffed to see this episode today and even managed to record it smile David Hyde-Pearce is fantastic at physical comedy as is David Schwimmer. I love Frasier, it is my morning staple and this little gem with Niles is so clever, I love it.

Starksforthewin Mon 25-Nov-19 10:08:29

Love Frasier.

The Niles ironing scene is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I laughed and cried for hours. Every time I stopped I would think of it and set myself off again.

Glanced at that Raymond programme occasionally and thought it was awful. UNFUNNY.

MadisonAvenue Mon 25-Nov-19 15:37:29

I love Frasier, one of my favourite Niles scenes is the one where he becomes Cork Master 😂

Everybody Loves Raymond is another I love watching.

Mrsjayy Mon 25-Nov-19 15:40:23

I love it when Niles gets greyhound Maris grin

3luckystars Mon 25-Nov-19 15:40:34

Can I watch this episode on catch up or online somewhere?
I could do with a good laugh.

Mrsjayy Mon 25-Nov-19 18:24:05

It will be on all4.

AuntyElle Mon 25-Nov-19 18:54:19

No Frasier available at all on more4!

AuntyElle Mon 25-Nov-19 18:54:46

* all4

WheresThatCatGoneNow Mon 25-Nov-19 20:21:01

You can find the ironing scene on YouTube.

Just google 'Niles ironing' grin

Unicornsdosparkle Mon 25-Nov-19 20:32:40

Just reading the title of the post made me smile

DesMartinsPetCat Mon 25-Nov-19 20:45:43

Love Frasier, hated what they did with Daphne’s character.

I once sat next to DHP at breakfast.

DarlingNikita Wed 27-Nov-19 12:30:10

I don't remember the Niles ironing scene and I'm a big Frasier fan!

Totally agree about it being unashamedly intelligent while also excellent at physical comedy. There is pure farce too; there's one episode with people literally coming in and out of cupboards grin

But I think my favourite ever line is when Niles is carrying around a bag of flour in a baby sling in sympathy with Maris being pregnant: 'I actually had a dream my flour sack was abducted and the kidnapper started sending me muffins in the mail.'

Just delicious.

AutumnRose1 Wed 27-Nov-19 13:06:06

@DarlingNikita

I love this even more than ironing

www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9B8w57zuAY

DarlingNikita Wed 27-Nov-19 14:03:33

Thanks for the clip, Autumn; what a treat grin
It also reminds me what a brilliant ensemble cast they were.

AutumnRose1 Wed 27-Nov-19 14:07:01

The way Marty says “I was afraid it would be something stupid” 😂😂

DarlingNikita Wed 27-Nov-19 14:34:55

Oh I loved Marty! RIP the actor (sorry can't recall his name right now).

MrsSpenserGregson Wed 27-Nov-19 14:40:43

Nile ironing is one of the best things ever, along with the St Petersburg episode of Cabin Pressure and the scene from Raymond (and I agree with everyone else that it is a very misogynistic series generally) where Raymond tries to remove a splinter from Deborah's finger

AutumnRose1 Wed 27-Nov-19 15:26:33

The other Frasier that I loved, but most of my friends forgot, was the spa episode....with the silver level and the gold level etc, anyone remember that?

MrsSpenserGregson Wed 27-Nov-19 15:51:33

This is another of my favourite Frasier scenes. As an only child, I have struggled to comprehend sibling rivalry throughout my life, and watching my own DC fight / argue / be generally vile to each other can be incredibly upsetting. This clip always reminds me that it's normal!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa_zkC-ZRbg

Stevienickssleeves Wed 27-Nov-19 16:03:03

I liked the odd episode of raymond, particularly the one where roberts date eats a fly

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Wed 27-Nov-19 16:10:29

I liked the episode when his new boss thinks he is gay - and also thinks he has been invited round to dinner for a ‘date’.

TeaAndStrumpets Wed 27-Nov-19 16:12:13

Gold level....is that the one where they end up in the back yard? (Sorry Autumn, not stalking you!)

I only have to think of Niles carrying the scissors, and I'm off again.

I can't think of another comedy I can rewatch over and over again, apart from Father Ted of course!

IWorkAtTheCheesecakeFactory Wed 27-Nov-19 16:17:40

Niles was the best character in frasier. Loved him. Ironing scene was gold.

I saw an episode of Raymond recently where it’s as Xmas and he “serenades” Debra singing “you better watch out, you better watch out, you better watch out, you better watch out” over and over because he doesn’t know the words and I thought how perfectly it just sums up Raymond. He’s a lazy shite who half asses everything, even nice things for his wife- can’t be arsed to do it properly. Arsehole.

TiddlerontheRoof Wed 27-Nov-19 16:23:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DesMartinsPetCat Wed 27-Nov-19 17:02:50

I love Raymond.

I think because so many of the characters were unlikeable, it’s easy to put them in to lots of different scenarios without it ruining your overall feelings for them.

Ray was selfish, lazy, and a liar. Slivers of positive moments, but didn’t really care if bad things happened to him for comedic reasons.

Debra was generally a hard worker and took on a lot because Ray didn’t/wouldn’t but she was viscous at times. If bad things happened her because of that- meh.

With Niles, he was such a great and love able character, despite his foibles, I only ever wanted good things for him, and expected that his character would act in good faith.

Then Mel came along. Poor Mel. She was painted as the villain for how she handled his request for a divorce but I’m 100% on her side. She was treated horribly, lied to, and used as a pawn.

I found that hard to stomach from Niles, and it turned me off him.

(Yes, I know they’re not real people!)

IWorkAtTheCheesecakeFactory Wed 27-Nov-19 17:06:52

Then Mel came along. Poor Mel. She was painted as the villain for how she handled his request for a divorce but I’m 100% on her side. She was treated horribly, lied to, and used as a pawn.

Much like Emily in friends! Painted as a horrible evil woman when Ross was the ballbag that had treated her appallingly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »