Kannet Wed 20-Nov-19 06:18:08

Here you go

HeIenaDove Fri 06-Dec-19 16:52:23

Curly and Des are both arseholes.

WheresThatCatGoneNow Fri 06-Dec-19 17:00:07

Why, Helena? What have they done?

I haven't watched it yet shock

HeIenaDove Fri 06-Dec-19 17:03:13

Des told Curly he had been unfaithful. And Curly was all "wow i wish i had that problem"

You can see the start of 90s lad culture now

WheresThatCatGoneNow Fri 06-Dec-19 17:11:01

Thanks, Helena! grin

When does Petula Peach turn up? I think she owned an abbatoir, and Fred Elliott fancied his chances with her!

Must be a few years away yet, I think.

WheresThatCatGoneNow Fri 06-Dec-19 17:13:31

Was Des contrite when he was confiding in Curly, Helena?

I bet he was, because I feel he's a decent man at heart.

x2boys Fri 06-Dec-19 18:39:24

I think it was a bit tongue in cheek with Curly because, his relationships don't seem to work out ,whereas,Des is a,ladies man ,I thought he was being genuine when he told Des not to mess it up with Raquel ?

SapatSea Sat 07-Dec-19 15:20:15

Don is such a vile man, taking the moral high ground with Denise, when he knew he'd cause bother by coming back off shift to collect her and Ken, makes my skin crawl.

Poor Emily. I didn't like Bernard but he put a sparkle in her eyes. I suppose Percy will decide to call off his wedding, I wouldn't fancy wearing Maud's dead husband's pyjamas.

x2boys Sat 07-Dec-19 15:42:24

He's a good actor though , he was so meek and mild when he first came into it ,yeah poor Emily ,but I'm not sure i could have coped with Bernards atrocious acting for much longer!

justthecat Sat 07-Dec-19 21:27:40

Most of the men should be cast out to sea, like Alf though

ConfCall Sun 08-Dec-19 13:56:55

Maud will be hurt next, I suspect. Percy will remain at Emily’s.

Des made the classic mistake of optimistically settling for the nice person he wasn’t in love with, and hoping for the best. A glance at the Relationships board will reflect how that sort of decision usually turns out.

Don is so well acted. Very sinister.

The Bernard actor is a hammy stage actor. Cringey.

I had forgotten about Alf’s crush on Rita.

SapatSea Tue 10-Dec-19 10:05:26

Tanya is great. I wish they had kept her in the show for longer. Des is horrible and weak, perhaps Tanya reminds him of Steph. Loved the party, no one has fun in current Corrie.

Ken do up your shirt buttons, urgh.

Loved Emily and the undercooked dinner. Derek was actually being very sensitive and kind.

ConfCall Tue 10-Dec-19 12:36:02

Emily’s response to being jilted was Corrie at its best. Understated and nuanced. I really “got” how much distress she was in. These days, the story would be totally overdone.

Eva Pope left to have a baby in ‘94. A loss to the cast.

Good to see Miss Fenwick back. I thought we’d seen the last of her.

I watched it every day back then (revising for Finals and I watched it during my break) but I don’t remember the Mandy story at all (was this the start of the end of the Platts’ marriage?) and I can’t recall the Charlie/Bet relationship. Alec must be back soon though.

SapatSea Tue 10-Dec-19 13:49:52

I don't recall the Mandy story. I do remember the Charlie story, it got quite a lot press interest as the Charlie actor sometimes played Sean Connery's body double or stunt double.

You are right, Emily's story is so well done and Eileen Derbyshire gets to show her acting chops.

InterdimensionalManiac Wed 18-Dec-19 10:54:27

Hate Jack and Vera and especially this pigeon story!

thenightsky Wed 18-Dec-19 11:42:28

I'm starting to hate Raquel and her simpering. I'm sure I used to like her the first time around though.

SapatSea Wed 18-Dec-19 19:05:52

I agree, the pigeon story is pants. Raquel's simpering annoyed me first time round and still grates, it's just too much. No wonder Tanya baits her. Lovely to see "sexy specs"
Deirdre back on t'street after her RL treatment for non Hodgkin's lymphona.

WheresThatCatGoneNow Thu 19-Dec-19 12:26:49

Ah! So that's why Denise was laying off the booze and fags!

Until she actually told Ken, I hadn't twigged. So that's how Daniel came about then!

Not loving Deirdre's new hairdo 😲 I wonder if it's a wig? If so, why on earth didn't they choose something more flattering?

SapatSea Thu 19-Dec-19 16:27:14

It is a wig, you can see the synthetic Barbie hair shine under the lights. I agree it isn't that flattering but I suppose it will be temporary until Anne Kirkbride's real hair grew back. (after her cancer treatment)

Denise has really awful hair for a hairdresser. Denise told Rita a few episodes back that she was going to let "fate be kind", I guess she was kinda playing roulette about getting pregnant. You'd think Ken would have used condoms as he told Deirdre very firmly he didn't want more children when she suggested having a child.

WheresThatCatGoneNow Thu 19-Dec-19 16:34:16

Thanks Sap.

You know, Raquel's hair is a wig too

Sarah Lancashire had quite short 'choppy' hair IRL at that time.

SapatSea Thu 19-Dec-19 16:43:28

Rita has a wig as well. She said she got fed up dyeing her hair bright ginger and having to have it styled which was brutal on it. It saves a lot of time I should think when in hair and make up before filming. Bet looks so much nicer when she has hair down in the morning (although that could still be a wig?) than when she has her wiggy beehive and curls.

justthecat Thu 19-Dec-19 17:00:26

The words ken and condoms should not be used in a sentence together 🤢

x2boys Thu 19-Dec-19 18:15:37

Yes I wondered if Deirdre,s hair was a wig, it's quite ill fitting ,Ken and condoms that's put an unwanted image in my head 😵, the flat above the cafe there must be two entrances one through the cafe and another around the back ( we saw the outside of it last week and Tanya told Des to go through the cafe when she said Alex,s car ,I can't work out where the other entrance is? It's been bothering me!

WheresThatCatGoneNow Thu 19-Dec-19 18:45:58

Bet's 'morning' hair actually was Julie Goodyear's natural hair.

Made me wonder why they bothered with all those over-elaborate wigs.

Maybe she didn't want her own hair messed about with too much.

x2boys Thu 19-Dec-19 19:08:08

Is the bee hive "do" a wig too? I thought it was just that God awful thing she wore when Alec was in it ,that, shortish back combed affair?

x2boys Thu 19-Dec-19 19:11:10

Pretty sure Vera,s was a wig too when she appeared in real life her normal hair was much shorter and straighter

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »