Cold Call ch5

(42 Posts)
CurlsandCurves Mon 18-Nov-19 21:34:47

Anyone watching?

informedisgood Thu 21-Nov-19 15:59:38

Great idea for a drama but talk about artistic license 🙄
Great idea but poorly executed!

WhentheRabbitsWentWild Thu 21-Nov-19 20:29:39

@70isaLimitNotaTarget I apoligse . You are right , a documentary about them is on now , before the final episode .

What a saw last night re scams was entirely different,.

Tana433 Thu 21-Nov-19 21:59:40

Bit disappointing to be honest. Not exactly believable was it?!

WhentheRabbitsWentWild Thu 21-Nov-19 22:13:08

I agree Tana433

myusernamewastakenbyme Thu 21-Nov-19 23:03:09

I missed last nights episode...can someone briefly explain what happened to Des please.

WhentheRabbitsWentWild Fri 22-Nov-19 09:43:18

His back was broken by a folding chair . Apparently , according to the big boss, they do that in Syria. Big boss and 2 or 3 thugs caught him in a lock up .

dottypotter Fri 22-Nov-19 14:39:49

It was ok but abit unrealistic that she would inject him in the leg and he would die and nobody would notice.

Also her boss knew her daughter was pregant so buying a pram was abit obvious still never mind it bought attention to cold call scamming so thats good.

WeWantSweet Fri 22-Nov-19 21:16:22

It required suspension of belief and was a bit bonkers but I think it was original and multilayered and the actor who played Wiley deserves props.

stumbledin Fri 22-Nov-19 22:29:50

I just dont understand why you cant have a thriller without some body count.

The plot set up could have allowed for all sorts of cat and mouse twists and turns.

And I thought the speech about having to been lied to by the priest about being good and doing good for others was the right way, but in reality just meant you were shat all over was great. But however strong her ange and resentment would that turn her into a murderer.

Not sure I understood the ending either. Did she get off because everyone thought oh she's just the carer (who happened to have kidnapped the person she was responsible for).

Another of those your parents f*ck you up and you then do the same to your children.

But interesting that all the women just left! smile

coldfeetallthetime Fri 22-Nov-19 23:12:46

It doesn’t compete with the likes of The Capture but it was enjoyable watching. I’m just finishing off now.

Can’t believe she’s kidnapped Granny shock

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 22-Nov-19 23:24:23

So June ruined the daughters wedding day but making her dad do the speech that he was a fraudste

Des died in a folding chair

Mr big was killed in the pool

Wifey left Riley

Daughter hated June

Granny was ok smile

Last 5 mins and not a proper ending

So she got her money. Walked away free and mr Wiley waited for the police to be banged up ?

coldfeetallthetime Fri 22-Nov-19 23:33:48

How mad is the dad? And a bit like a child as well. Ripping the sleeves off the dress hmm

coldfeetallthetime Fri 22-Nov-19 23:35:42

Is it just me or does Sally Lindsay only have two facial expressions?

icelollycraving Sat 23-Nov-19 06:43:48

It was enjoyable dross. It started really promisingly but the last episode entirely suspended belief.
I don’t think she would have ruined the wedding.
The house was fab.
All the cards given with loads of money on, no pin given, you’d need quite a lot of contactless payments to whittle through that amount grin

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 23-Nov-19 08:34:15

Yes I said to df about the lack of pin

coldfeetallthetime Sat 23-Nov-19 14:15:54

I thought that about the pin too and no idea why they wouldn’t just have him shout out a number as he walked away or something.

Maybe we were supposed to think that because she’d used his cards in the past she’d know it as he uses all the same ones or something?

Overthinking it I know.

GoldenFlaps Mon 02-Dec-19 13:26:14

Maybe the pin number was a detail too far.

I thought it started off well but got too unbelievable.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »