Talk

Advanced search

Gold Digger SPOILERS

(194 Posts)
IHaveBrilloHair Fri 15-Nov-19 20:15:17

For those who have seen it all, or don't mind spoilers.
Gogrin

MaybeDoctor Tue 03-Dec-19 10:02:14

I enjoyed it - but I don't think they got married at the end?

She said 'Let's just skip all the…..bit'. I think they just headed back to the house to celebrate their relationship.

VanGoghsDog Tue 03-Dec-19 11:18:21

They did get married.

MaybeDoctor Tue 03-Dec-19 12:14:52

Did it actually show the ceremony?

peppinanna Tue 03-Dec-19 13:23:59

I thought they got married as well and thought he referred to her as his wife

VanGoghsDog Tue 03-Dec-19 18:04:50

Just rewatched the church bit - she only said "I suggest we skip the bit about any objections", not the whole ceremony.

They don't show the ceremony. It's straight to the do. Then his speech is horrible. In hers she refers to herself as 'the bride'. And to Ted, Ben refers to her as 'my wife'. So, yeah, they got married.

God it's shit!

Loopytiles Tue 03-Dec-19 18:40:40

Gave up on this, found it dull and depressing.

ConfCall Tue 03-Dec-19 22:02:17

Someone upthread mentioned that she had appeared in Mad Men. That was Juliette Binoche, not Julia Ormond. I know because I made the same mistake, and looked it up on IMDb because I was not sure.

I was more interested in Patrick/Eimar/Heidi’s story than the two leads’ tbh. Would also have liked more Marsha.

I’d assumed Leo was 18 or 19.

Alex Jennings is superb.

Good to see the hot chap from Vera again !

fikel Tue 03-Dec-19 22:03:16

Does it go anywhere?!!

midsomermurderess Tue 03-Dec-19 22:15:45

David Leon. He's lovely isn't he.

newdeer Tue 03-Dec-19 22:31:36

@ConfCall - she was in Mad Men. She played the Mother-in-Law of Don's second wife, who had an affair with Roger.

VanGoghsDog Wed 04-Dec-19 01:28:27

Good to see the hot chap from Vera again !

Who was he then? I didn't notice anyone hot in it!

midsomermurderess Wed 04-Dec-19 08:42:00

Kieran.

OctopusNow Wed 04-Dec-19 09:20:52

I liked Benjamin, why shouldn't he have something good after his shitty life and feel self-satisfied for once?

As for Julia, I hope I'm in as good shape when I'm 60. Shagging a gorgeous young guy and enjoying your money together seems like a great idea. The kids are all healthy adults, they don't need it and don't really deserve it, Sod the lot of them and have fun!

She should have done the prenup though, that was daft!

OctopusNow Wed 04-Dec-19 09:25:22

Marsha was just repellant, trying to convince Julia she should still be her friend while being shacked up with her vile husband?
I couldn't believe the cheek!

Callie seemed nice, I felt for her, losing her dad and then having to put up with Ted moving in.

Bibidy Wed 04-Dec-19 09:49:31

I'm so glad it turned out the way it did. Julia's sons were horrific and I was disgusted by the way she was letting them speak to Benjamin, particularly the younger one.

Team Benjamin all the way!

NoSauce Wed 04-Dec-19 10:07:14

Team Benjamin?? shock

Bibidy Wed 04-Dec-19 10:15:07

@NoSauce ...I mean, not the murder part obviously grin.

But I'm Team Benjamin in the Benjamin vs Julia's terrible sons and ex scenario.

Bibidy Wed 04-Dec-19 10:16:33

I was convinced that Benjamin would turn out to be completely innocent of everything but would find the pre-nup and dump Julia for it, so she'd have ruined her own happiness by listening to everyone else instead of him.

That would have been a better ending.

peppinanna Wed 04-Dec-19 12:40:35

Her youngest son Leo was awful. Forever taking the dads side and only bothering with his mum when he wanted something. Della was the only one who seemed happy for her

HeIenaDove Wed 04-Dec-19 19:17:18

Yep Leo was an arsehole..............and starting down the same road as his dad IMO

dinosaurcookie Wed 04-Dec-19 21:20:55

Just clicked onto the thread as I realised I haven't bothered with finishing the series which is unusual for me. I don't like any of the characters so totally uninvested.

TheMagiciansNiece Sat 07-Dec-19 07:51:15

Am I the only one who thought that Benjamin looked smug at the end, as if he had pulled it off and was a a gold digger after all?

NoSauce Sat 07-Dec-19 08:38:59

TheMagiciansNiece no I said similar up thread. That’s what I think that look meant.

MaybeDoctor Sat 07-Dec-19 10:54:18

I’m astonished that anyone still thinks that her children should have been happy for her...

He is definitely a less-than-honest character. What about the clifftop push? What about his cockiness and veiled threats to anyone out of the earshot of Julia?

OrangeTwirlGate Sun 08-Dec-19 19:41:07

Can anyone tell me what the flash backs were about (that Patrick kept having)
Only watched two episodes it want to know.
Was he being abused by the dad?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »