Talk

Advanced search

EASTENDERS 38 - no spoilers. That means NEVER EVER

(937 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Fri 15-Nov-19 14:27:57

Soooooooooo what an exciting 2 episodes

MEL is dead. Didnt expect that after the car crash tho agree would have looked more splattered and squashed , then just a bit of head blood on the road

Few weeks to Xmas - will Phil find out baby isn’t his

Don’t think Louise’s baby is keegans as he said he was a virgin to tiff

Tho when keanu starting dating LOUISE , keegan did say about his left overs so maybe he wasn’t a virgin .....

Would be an amazing twist if baby is black

Ollie. He could be a lot worse not sure why L is so cut olio

Not sure if anything else exciting is happening

Dentist and honey. She stays with him tho cheating

Ben bullying Martin. Needs to stop and Stacey to come back

Are kats kids going to make an appearance soon ?

Bobbys religion

What else have I missed

The80sweregreat Fri 15-Nov-19 14:36:52

Blondes, thanks for the thread!
Lots going on, place marking.
How will Phil find out? It is intriguing.

iknowimcoming Fri 15-Nov-19 14:39:54

Thanks as always Blondes!

Will Alfie ever come back or is he dead dead?

Will Callum join Jack at the cop shop?

Will Gray get his comeuppance?

Will we ever see Kats kids again (and Cherry and Arthur)?

The80sweregreat Fri 15-Nov-19 14:42:29

Callum will have to go away from the square to Hendon to train up! Fancy having to commute away from home? How will he manage?

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 15-Nov-19 14:49:51

Oh yes gray. Hmmmmm Chantelle needs to leave him

And blame the Mc on him lying to her

And yes why didn’t the lorry driver stop. Say to police she just jumped out and nothing I could do

SoupDragon Fri 15-Nov-19 14:53:07

I don't think Keegan was with Louise at the right time for the baby to be his.

nancy75 Fri 15-Nov-19 14:54:15

Would be an even better twist if Sharon's baby was black - the DNA test just said baby wasn't Phil's, she might have been carrying on with Patrick for all we know grin

SoupDragon Fri 15-Nov-19 15:00:54

😂😂

The80sweregreat Fri 15-Nov-19 15:15:07

Patrick and Sharon! Goodness me ! That is funny.
I don't think Lou's baby is Keegan but what a twist if it is! Tiffany will be another one gunning for a punch up.

lazymum99 Fri 15-Nov-19 16:32:26

Where is Patrick and his new woman?

nancy75 Fri 15-Nov-19 16:52:57

lazymum99 probably hiding from Dee the miserable.

The80sweregreat Fri 15-Nov-19 17:15:53

No EE on tonight! Humbug.

catinb0oots Fri 15-Nov-19 19:10:38

Oh no!!! Gotta wait to Monday angry

The80sweregreat Fri 15-Nov-19 20:29:30

'Dee the miserable! 'Lol
Sounds like a ' game of thrones ' type character!

SalemSpellman Fri 15-Nov-19 21:03:31

Thanks for the new thread

nancy75 Fri 15-Nov-19 21:33:50

80s an angry Dee is more scary than any Game of Thrones baddie!

SinisterBumFacedCat Sat 16-Nov-19 00:15:20

There’s the grim story Whitney’s latest ill advised boyfriend.

catinb0oots Sat 16-Nov-19 05:25:38

What's happening with Stuart, Rainie and baby Abi? I've forgotten

SoupDragon Sat 16-Nov-19 07:13:56

Rainie is in prison for deliberately punching Kathy in front of police. She wanted to get off drugs and somehow thought this was the best way.

Baby Abi is in the kiddie cupboard.

Stuart is around in the background

The80sweregreat Sat 16-Nov-19 09:43:31

Nancy, true! 'Dee the terrible ' 's looks could curdle milk as they say.
Maybe she has a stock of dragons somewhere. ( the only thing I know about GOT is someone has pet dragons! Lol)

renniks Sat 16-Nov-19 10:00:06

I don't understand where EE are taking this Whitney storyline with her abusers son confused

The80sweregreat Sat 16-Nov-19 10:08:28

I'm hoping that the Whitney story ends up with her getting some revenge on this Leo and showing some guts over his feeble attempts to clear his late dad's name. I want him to squirm and for her to get the upper hand.
His dad groomed and abused Whitney and his son needs taking down a peg!
The story line is awful.

lazymum99 Sat 16-Nov-19 10:45:59

I thought Rainey was in rehab. Not sure she would go to prison for giving kaf a punch.

SoupDragon Sat 16-Nov-19 11:36:41

🤷🏻‍♀️ She was arrested and then nothing much more was said. She said she did it deliberately to get off the drugs though.

X0X0 Sat 16-Nov-19 11:40:27

What about the van that was in front of mel, blocking her view until the last minute ? Surely the driver would have seen mel crash in his mirror??

The80sweregreat Sat 16-Nov-19 13:32:53

The van driver might be mentioned later on but usually after a big drama like this it's usually move on to the next one! In this case it's now bound to come out about Ken and we have Gray and Chan on the back burner too!

InvisibleWomenMustBeRead Sat 16-Nov-19 23:13:20

I'd love for them to leave Sharon and Phil alone and allow them to be happy now that Mel is dead.

The80sweregreat Sun 17-Nov-19 08:51:44

Of course they won't leave Sharon alone.

Phil , as the hard man character , has to be ramped up at every opportunity and this will be epic as not only has Keanu slept with his wife and made her pregnant he will also upset his daughter ( who he has only been in touch with for the last few years but is familyyy so therefore really important to him)
Its a double whammy and Ken and Sharon will take the brunt of the fallout.
I guess she'll go and live in Portugal.

InvisibleWomenMustBeRead Sun 17-Nov-19 12:44:58

I agree @The80sweregreat but I can still live in hope grin

The80sweregreat Sun 17-Nov-19 12:47:34

Yes, Sharon and Phil being happy would be nice to see but I can't see it!

Chienloup Mon 18-Nov-19 22:24:44

We have seen the kiddie cupboard!!! Any was in it tonight.

InvisibleWomenMustBeRead Mon 18-Nov-19 22:33:49

grin

The80sweregreat Tue 19-Nov-19 08:24:34

Poor Amy in the cupboard! It does exist after all! 😀
She is a cracking little actress though. Dee was good with her.
Ben is so horrible, maybe he'll see sense and lay off Martin.

The80sweregreat Tue 19-Nov-19 09:00:19

Shirley winds me up with her Linda bashing.
She run out on her own sick child. She was never there for them for any of them yet she moans about Linda. She could show a bit more empathy!
Also , Nancy had health problems with her epilepsy etc but she coped with that ok why not this ? I know it's slightly different , but they must have had problems there with her schooling and getting her meds right and she has always been there for the others with their needs.
She will end up with a drink problem , it's already being flagged up with her getting on it all the time since his diagnosis. Doesn't help with Shirley sticking her boot in as well

The80sweregreat Tue 19-Nov-19 11:08:04

I found the scene of Phil's verbal attack on Lisa a bit much really. It was the way they showed him squaring up to her and calling her mad. (They both have history in real life too , so must have been hard to film)
I hope he apologises to her if he ever finds out she was correct about the baby and Sharon even if she didn't ' murder' her friend and did actually rescue her instead!
The filming of it was very intimidating.
Ben is also getting on my nerves now as well. Leave Martin alone!

PinkDaydreams Tue 19-Nov-19 11:26:58

I thought the stuff with Martin and Ben was all sorted until watching it last night. Stupid that bens going on and on about it still, surely he’s got his revenge. Phil isn’t bothered so why should Ben be?!

SoupDragon Tue 19-Nov-19 12:04:08

Nancy had health problems with her epilepsy etc but she coped with that ok why not this ?

I think it's because epilepsy is an illness that can be controlled by drugs. ASD isn't like that and the child can just be viewed as "different" or "wrong" by others. There was also never any cult that Nancy would go on to live an independent life whereas ASD has so many unknowns.

I think Phil knows the baby isn't his. There was a scene of him alone in the kitchen and I think at that point he knew it was true. His attack on Lisa makes more sense then as surely he would be quizzing her as to why she thinks that rather than just telling her to stop shouting her mouth off about it.

SoupDragon Tue 19-Nov-19 12:04:59

Ben isn't bothered he just likes having Martin under his thumb. It's just about control.

The80sweregreat Tue 19-Nov-19 13:11:28

I'm glad that Kaff had a go at Ben about his behaviour! Not that he'll listen.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 19-Nov-19 15:01:39

Go Kathy. Slapping Ben

I think if Phil def knew baby wasn’t his he would flip more

Wondered if they got samples mixed up - didn’t SHARON send in hair from comb or toothbrush or was it swab

As in did both dads dna go in there but shaz mixed up Phil
And keanu. With dad or possible dad

Kwim but not explaining well

SoupDragon Tue 19-Nov-19 15:19:46

It's possible Phil is thinking of Baby Ray and just wants another go at being a father. His reaction just isn't ringing true at the moment. He's not tackled Sharon about it for example.

The80sweregreat Tue 19-Nov-19 16:09:02

Could be a mix up with the test tube samples etc. we did have the lovely image of Ken under her bed silently crying whilst Phil and her were having it away a few hours after she had slept with ken so she was having it away with both of them at one time. The baby could be phil 's i guess? Men can have kids much longer than woman can of course!
If it comes out all red and ready for a fight then it's his.
I guess you wouldn't start seeing any resemblances for a while so she would be ok for a few years but Phil will discover the truth long before then i suppose as this is s soap!

bullyingadvice2017 Tue 19-Nov-19 19:40:22

I so hope chantelle gets out now she knows how bad he hurt someone else.

BlessedBeTheFruitCake Tue 19-Nov-19 20:49:46

Poor Chantelle is going to be in big trouble when she gets back home, can't see Grey being happy with her standing up to him.

The80sweregreat Tue 19-Nov-19 21:33:52

I can't believe that Chantelle keeps leaving her kids with Karen but she won't tell her his an abusive scum bag. Just reach out for help. He will make you pay for going out drinking. She's knows he'll never change.
I hope something happens soon and Karen and Mitch kick him into touch!
Handy that Jack is back on duty. Who else to turn to for police issues and information?

Akire Tue 19-Nov-19 22:01:16

I know it’s only for effect but the lorry would have stopped given the fire smoke and car pile up. You don’t just put your foot down do you.

I do think it be a Xmas DV sorry which be v sad for those watching we also have to put up with it. One of them will attack the other.

There does seem not that many story lines at the moment. Sonia’s not had ones for ages nor Shirley or Tina. Where is Martin living these days?

Jack is boring as well, all he does is
Give neighbours updates on classified information. I’d be dead bored reading that script.

iknowimcoming Tue 19-Nov-19 22:06:41

Oh god that made me want to cry, he's going to kill her isn't he? Literally sad also I noticed some new camera angles in the kitchen at Chantelle's and also at Ian's tonight - first peeks at the new set maybe?

The80sweregreat Wed 20-Nov-19 06:41:44

I really hope that Gray doesn't kill Chantelle.
I know they've had deaths and murders many times before but i'd love this to have a more positive outcome. What message would another death send? It wouldn't give anyone going through this in real life any kind of hope.
A good outcome ( in my opinion) would be him going to court and being put away and showing her as a confident mum with a job and a new life with the kids away from all the misery. I guess that wouldn't bring in the viewers though.
Her mum is letting me down too as she has been with an abuser herself and yet she can't see it happening to her daughter and seems in awe of Gray and the money etc.
I agree that the stories are rubbish atm.
Ben saying that a weekend away to Brighton would be a chance to cheat was a bit much ! I hope Callum leaves him one day as he doesn't deserve him.
I think it's all treading water now till Christmas.

Akire Wed 20-Nov-19 08:40:58

Yes 80s that is a good point. I’m surprised they both went to therapy without her being asked first if he was violent to her. Though suppose she may not want risk SS getting involved.

I did wonder seaside trip, did they mean like now? End of Nov/Dec? What planet are they on!

The80sweregreat Wed 20-Nov-19 09:02:54

Lexi in her swimsuit! Bless. Have to be an indoor pool for them in November. Nice , but hotels with pools don't come cheap.
I guess that Callum being a copper will involve a story with Ben being naughty and he'll have to arrest him.

iknowimcoming Wed 20-Nov-19 09:05:15

I hope they do a sensible, hopeful outcome too - I'd hate to see her dead or her killing him in self-defence (which they could easily go with for the drama). Also when Karen has Chantelle's kids overnight as she seems to often atm where the heck does she put them?

We had a new-head Ricky last night too didn't we!

The80sweregreat Wed 20-Nov-19 09:20:07

Karen's place expands for all these children and Bailey even has her own room! Her place is small. I suppose now ken and Keegan have moved out she might have a bit more space ; do they still have Bronson?
Still tight though.

iknowimcoming Wed 20-Nov-19 10:58:29

Hmm yeah haven't seen bronson or lady di in ages have we along with most of the kids!

SoupDragon Wed 20-Nov-19 11:24:17

I think New Head Ricky appeared sometime around Halloween (although he hasn't been seen since). I hope that isn't significant.

Akire Wed 20-Nov-19 13:15:07

They do recycle stories, on classic eastenders they have just had Ricky and Sam go to Gretna green to get married but funnily enough they took 12h to get there!

The80sweregreat Wed 20-Nov-19 13:38:05

Ricky and Sam ! Gosh , I forgot they got married I thought he married Tiffany up in Scotland. I'm wrong. They do recycle stories though.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 20-Nov-19 13:44:42

Shame Chantelle didn’t say to therapist he hits me

Know she wanted gray to confess

Who was the therapist ? Looked familiar

I hope gray goes to prison and gets a few whacks when they find out he’s a abuser

Glad shaz is in the clear. Ohio didnt seem that chuffed

SoupDragon Wed 20-Nov-19 14:25:18

I'm not surprised she didn't say anything. I do think the therapist knew though, just from Chantelle's expression of disbelief when Grey didn't say anything.

SoupDragon Wed 20-Nov-19 14:26:03

I don't think Grey will go to the prison - that's not how EE does things. He will be Seen Off by faaaaamily or something.

lazymum99 Wed 20-Nov-19 15:00:43

If chantal kills Gray it'll just be little mo and trevor all over again.

The80sweregreat Wed 20-Nov-19 15:07:00

Chantelle will hit him over the head with a golf club iron!...

dogsdinnerlady Wed 20-Nov-19 15:39:33

Not only does Bailey have her own room at Karen's, it is decked out as a fully functioning planetarium. I think Bronson and Lady Di have eloped to Gretna. She will come back pregnant and someone will tell Bronson the pups aint his!

SoupDragon Wed 20-Nov-19 17:18:57

Bailey shares with Bernie.

The80sweregreat Wed 20-Nov-19 17:47:48

Bronson and lady di in ' whose the puppies dad' scandal! Those pups will not be that good looking!
Hope

CSIblonde Thu 21-Nov-19 19:32:40

Is it me or does new Ben have it written into his contract that he gets beaten up or punched every single episode!? He's the best one so far tho, he's way better at the manipulative screwed up side of the character than the previous ones. Gray has to meet a grisly end so Karen can be involved, either in it or the cover up, she's fab in either really serious stuff or one bra strap hanging off comedy, I love her. Can wait for Christmas, it's a choice of 1 or all 3 plot lines exploding: Gray or the 2 pregnancies.

Akire Thu 21-Nov-19 19:38:50

Have I missed one? Who’s nearly dead or died? Who was that in court???

nancy75 Thu 21-Nov-19 19:54:30

Poor Keagan

Optimist1 Thu 21-Nov-19 22:14:30

Akire - it was someone we'd never heard of before who'd perverted the course of justice and caused an innocent woman to spend years in jail for murder. Baby barrister was obviously emotionally involved, but they shoehorned that into the programme with all the subtlety of a Donald Trump tweet!

Akire Thu 21-Nov-19 22:53:41

Thanks! The washing machine was on spin and missed parts. I forgot who baby barrister was. I get him and grey mixed up.

Will Stacey come back now? Honesty they could not bothered with while confusion story line and just have Martin to go off and get her for 3months instead.

Why have they left Mr (I’m dead) grumpy man story just end like that?

SoupDragon Fri 22-Nov-19 07:06:26

Yes, it was just a plot device to advance the Whitney story. Now Uncle Jack knows he's a baddie.

iknowimcoming Fri 22-Nov-19 09:18:24

Have they got new writers as everything seems all over the place atm, Jean mentioned something secret to Kush so maybe Stacey is hiding in the kiddie cupboard now? Patrick also magically reappeared with no sign of Ted last night. I'm not sure what Ben's up to with Karen's loan repayments either - unless they're building that into the Shazza Keanu story? confused

The80sweregreat Fri 22-Nov-19 09:24:22

The camera angles and general feel to the programme is different these days.
Would Jack be allowed to wander around and go in the local now his a cop again?
Tiffany and her blooming ' roast with the trimmings' , with what money ? I know Karen did give Keegan some but buying roast ingredients for others isn't cheap! Ok just for Two of them but feeding everyone to prove a point is silly.
They need an income of some sort first. She is still at college and not earning.
I missed a bit with Leo in court. Funny how Max is in the pub ; does he work and who has Abi?
Gray is awful ; I hiss at the screen when his about!

iknowimcoming Fri 22-Nov-19 09:36:27

I loved the guy buying Ruby a drink and saying he thought max was her dad! Also jack pissing himself laughing when ruby told him about it!

SoupDragon Fri 22-Nov-19 11:05:15

I noticed another new camera angle last night - they shot low and in through the Cafe window when Jack was in there. I don't remember them ever doing that before.

SoupDragon Fri 22-Nov-19 11:05:31

It's odd how these things stand out 😂

SoupDragon Fri 22-Nov-19 11:06:40

I think Grey is a great character - he's done it really well. He's both really likeable and, if you know the truth, despicable and scary.

The80sweregreat Fri 22-Nov-19 15:57:58

Gray and Leo are surprisingly good actors.
Chantelle is a bit '
Rabbit in the head lights' at times but overall they act it well. Better than Danny Dyer , although his scenes with Ollie have been touching lately.
Ben has really grown on me though : he reminds me a modern day Scrooge. I hated him at first. I hope Stacey can return.

The80sweregreat Fri 22-Nov-19 16:52:52

Iknow, Ted has gone to Jamaica or somewhere with that mum of Patrick's wife ( can't remember her name) I don't think the actor is coming back though ( I read it somewhere that he isn't returning to the soap)
Tiff and Keegan are living in Teds flat now.
Sub letting!!

lazymum99 Fri 22-Nov-19 17:06:29

Chantelle really can’t act. I know I shouldn’t comment on body shape but she is painfully thin.
When she told Gray she would never leave him the look on his face was really scary.

The80sweregreat Fri 22-Nov-19 18:08:29

Chantelle is very slender. I am envious as I was as thin as that once ( long long time ago)
I'm sure she has lost weight since she first came into the soap though.
She could be a model.
Gray is nice looking but now we know his a sleaze bag i can only see how ugly he is!
It's a shame she doesn't leave him. He doesn't deserve her.

SoupDragon Fri 22-Nov-19 18:11:02

I have to say that if I had to pick out Chantelle's parents, it wouldn't be Karen and Mitch! Nothing against either of them but...!

The80sweregreat Fri 22-Nov-19 18:22:56

Soup, it is a stretch to have Mitch and Karen as Chan's parents! They usually try to get some kind of resemblance with the actors but with Karen's clan they have chosen good looking actors : Karen and Mitch are fairly ordinary looking ( but have personality) but Chan , Keanu and Keegan are all very attractive. Bernie is also nice looking , but not in the others league (nice girl though)
The Taylors are an odd bunch indeed!!

SoupDragon Fri 22-Nov-19 18:39:55

They are indeed smile

lazymum99 Fri 22-Nov-19 21:17:30

Max just referred to Stuart as Uncle Fester. They really do read this!!

iknowimcoming Fri 22-Nov-19 21:24:52

I thought the same lazy!

The80sweregreat Fri 22-Nov-19 21:24:58

I think the writers come on here too. ( I'm not one of them)
Poor Max : mostly women fall at his feet!

lazymum99 Fri 22-Nov-19 21:29:43

Max just proposed while still wearing his wedding ring!

PinkDaydreams Fri 22-Nov-19 21:31:41

Who is max married to, rainie?

Akire Fri 22-Nov-19 21:32:36

Now I we what you mean about the camera angles. Oh let’s go behind a light, a shelf, glasses. Really no it’s not GSCE film making. What’s with the tube line shadow at Ian’s that’s never happened ever.

Good point about the ring, isn’t he still married to Raine? Why was Ian looking sad and suprised? Thought he be delighted Max was made a fool of.

The80sweregreat Fri 22-Nov-19 21:59:18

The filming is being done by students. It's the only thing I can think as to why it's gone all strange and high up cameras in the cafe.
This is a soap! We don't need fancy camera angles and music and odd effects.
So Stacey has a new lover already! Fast worker. I loved how Martin could pour his own drinks in a bar. As if.

Akire Fri 22-Nov-19 22:06:55

Given a shot is about £6 in a pub never mind a bar he Be paying about £300 for the bottle! I wonder if Martin will know become the Gangster Guy on the square. (GGOTS) just when we were hoping for an end to that. Though didn’t we have a Xmas where money lenders tried to take Karen for everything when she first joined?

BlessedBeTheFruitCake Sat 23-Nov-19 08:28:51

Wow. Stacey's doing well for herself isn't she?!👌🏻

The80sweregreat Sat 23-Nov-19 10:25:48

Obviously Stacey dragged her red dress and heels out her suitcase , paid for some childcare and found herself a new love interest very quickly. One willing to take on three children by three different dads and her slightly dubious background. She is a Slater through and through. Martin will go even more ' rouge' now.

I'm so pleased that Ruby didn't say yes to Max in fact I'm ecstatic ! Go Ruby ; not always the most likeable character on the square but proving you can go it alone and be independent of a man , plus she is giving Karen a chance too.
Let's hope Max doesn't wear her down.
He can be persuasive.
It was nice to see Abi although she looked a bit young for a nearly two year old.

Akire Sat 23-Nov-19 10:36:21

I thought that about baby abi, only really non walking babies are happy standing up in playpen and she’s nearly two?? I don’t think we have ever seen her walk or even properly dressed yet not babygrows.

As single parent Stacey would get help with rent and benefits so not sure why she would ditch all that and rely on a new bloke less than month after being single! So well off single dad who can support two families on a part time wage (from doing the school run). Yes really realistic.

Why did Ruby say she is a single mum? When she currently has been living with Bloke for last few months who is dad to 2 of her kids?

The80sweregreat Sat 23-Nov-19 10:46:07

Stacey could always find a man. She is a bit like Max in the ' everyone falls in love with me' bracket.
I wonder if she will come back?

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 23-Nov-19 18:28:02

Can I add that I was the first to mention that stu looker like uncle fester

The80sweregreat Sat 23-Nov-19 19:06:00

I was so shocked to hear Max call Stu Uncle Fester! Blondes coined it first. Makes me think the writers are mumsnetters.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 23-Nov-19 20:17:12

And yes Stacey found a man quickly

Sad tho. They were the one couple that managed to overcome everything affairs mental heath

SalemSpellman Sat 23-Nov-19 20:47:34

I've been pondering, and I have had a thought that maybe neither of the babies are Ken's? One could be phils the other keegan's?

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 23-Nov-19 22:30:24

The clinic said that Phil was the dad

Only way that could Be if shaz got Phil and keanu sample mixed up as dad and possible dad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »