Talk

Advanced search

Hollyoaks thread

(128 Posts)
spice3 Thu 31-Oct-19 18:29:23

May be in the minority that watch it religiously (I believe it's a bit marmite!) - but would anyone like to join the thread on this?

My DP is never very interactive when it comes to getting excited for it... especially disappointing on stunt week!

eddiemairswife Thu 31-Oct-19 18:37:47

I have it on silent while waiting for Channel 4 News, and am constantly wondering what is happening. There are always people crying. Currently there appears to have been some kind of disaster.

GirlInTheMirror27 Thu 31-Oct-19 19:01:15

I love watching it. Just currently hating the whole Tony storyline as I think it has been drawn out too long

spice3 Thu 31-Oct-19 19:13:18

@GirlInTheMirror27 oh, it's awful isn't it!! I've just watched the bit where he's about to escape and Breda captures him again. It's supposed to go on until January!!!

Stellaris22 Thu 31-Oct-19 20:29:35

I watch it out of habit, but hate the attitudes towards the kids. Always being told to go upstairs, bedroom, another room so adults can argue.

Is the Tony story really dragging out to January? It's gone on far too long already.

Tana433 Fri 01-Nov-19 08:36:14

I'll join you please. I love Hollyoaks, i always record the omnibus and watch a full weeks worth at a time so i am a week behind but dont mind spoilers. Breda is an awful baddie imo, not a patch on the creepy Silas who used to keep me wake at night with his antics. Im 47 bythe way so i should be totally over this show by now but its a guilty pleasure, dont judge me too harshly!

JellyTots2009 Fri 01-Nov-19 09:42:37

Hi I'm a massive Hollyoaks fan too! But I'm a little confused.
The last episode I watched was Tuesday, so today I was looking forward to seeing wed and thurs episodes.
However I only had one recording and that was weds. I watched it and it was when Nancy and Darren we're trapped in tunnels, Breda captured tony again and took him back to farm and the ending was Cleo walking in on Mitchell stroking Scott's face.
Well I tried to find last nights on catch up but it was Wednesdays recording that played? Even though the info says someone makes a decision about their future after their world comes crashing down.
I've tried finding online to watch it there but it's still the same.
Am I stupid or have I actually missed an episode and can't seem to find it anywhere?

shumway Fri 01-Nov-19 10:04:33

I hate how Breda says lickle.

Tana433 Fri 01-Nov-19 10:43:35

Not sure @JellyTots2009. I just checked my planner and the omnibus is due to be on for 2 hrs as normal so shouldnt be any missing episodes. Maybe try recording it sunday 3.30am (obviously i mean set it to record as it is a ridiculous time to be on!) and see if you can find it that way.

JellyTots2009 Fri 01-Nov-19 12:12:36

I've set for channel 4's episode to record tonight hopefully it'll be the right one?

LetsGoFlyAKiteee Fri 01-Nov-19 16:58:08

Breda is super woman!

DifficultPifcultLemonDifficult Fri 01-Nov-19 17:00:57

I love hollyoaks. The Breda/Tony storyline is a joke though. I cant even carry my 4 year old anywhere so how the hell is she managing to throw him about like a rag doll when he is twice her size?

LetsGoFlyAKiteee Fri 01-Nov-19 17:47:51

Without anyone seeing! Know got to suspend some belief but in this case a lot! Hoping it's over before January but at this rate not looking likely.

Do enjoy it... When it's good it's good but when it's bad.. Oh

DifficultPifcultLemonDifficult Sun 03-Nov-19 15:18:00

Did anyone see the E4 one yesterday.

Self healing because of being pissed off. Amazing 😂

snowfallx Mon 04-Nov-19 13:13:45

Love Hollyoaks but there dragging the story line with Breda out now! We want Tony back before Dianne starts sleeping with his creepy dad!

Justneedatemporaryname Mon 04-Nov-19 20:48:58

oh, it's awful isn't it!! I've just watched the bit where he's about to escape and Breda captures him again. It's supposed to go on until January!!!

Fgs, please, no! 😩 Honestly when Tony got captured by Breeda again, I was like right Tony, you're on your own now- I simply don't care any more!

LetsGoFlyAKiteee Mon 04-Nov-19 21:11:35

Self healing because of being pissed off. Amazing 😂

She can wear heels and everything now lol.
Yeah I thought it'd end before January.. That she'd escape and poof back but nope.
Dont care about Mercedes!

Justneedatemporaryname Tue 05-Nov-19 19:30:36

Tonight's First Look is AMAZING grin

Mercedes must have said she wants to go out with a bang.

Lessthanzero Tue 05-Nov-19 19:36:59

Why did Grace give mercadies the key to the club?

spice3 Tue 05-Nov-19 19:42:19

Quite intrigued by the Mercedes shooting storyline just because I have no idea who I think it would be out of the suspects!!!

Justneedatemporaryname Tue 05-Nov-19 19:59:34

Why did Grace give mercedes the key to the club?

Yeah confused

They're asking us to suspend disbelief a bit too much,even for Hollyoaks

Lessthanzero Tue 05-Nov-19 20:06:08

I just couldn't understand it. I didn't catch what she said but it was somthing like - here's the keys to the club go there and wait for the police.

That makes no sense at all. It would have made more sense if she took the keys out of Liams pocket.

Also where were the police?

Raahh Tue 05-Nov-19 21:04:23

I saw this earlier- Grace gave Mercedes the keys to the club, and told there were drugs in the safe there, and said something like it was all she was good for (being a drug addict).

Justneedatemporaryname Tue 05-Nov-19 21:14:57

Yeah, that's what happened. It was meant to be an insult, I'm guessing. But she left the keys with her confused

Xmasfairy86 Tue 05-Nov-19 21:19:40

The one soap I watch!

Breda’s getting on my tits now 😂 agreed it’s gone on far too long. It’s hard to keep track of who she’s knocked off. Just want Tony home now!! Every time Goldie went to the pig farm I willed her to go that little bit further and find him.

Am an episode behind at the moment.

Dieu Tue 05-Nov-19 21:24:38

Ding dong the witch is dead! hopefully

Can't stand Mercedes with her shocking mothering skills and 'th' pronounced as 'f'.

To Liam: 'is that a freat?' And 'I'm a rubbish muvver'.

Aargh angry

Queenoftheashes Tue 05-Nov-19 21:29:01

Did she get shot?

Cornishmum00 Tue 05-Nov-19 21:40:09

The police were supposed to be looking for mercedes but she managed to go into the club for ages with no one arriving to arrest her!

Stellaris22 Tue 05-Nov-19 22:23:44

Never could stand Mercedes, she's vile. Can't confess and go to prison because she's a Mum and wife. But that never mattered when she was doing drugs and cheating.

Really hope Breda story ends soon, gone on far too long. Really hope Diane doesn't sleep with Tony's dad.

nobodyreallycares Wed 06-Nov-19 09:08:08

I really hope sylver ends up with grace ❤️ Mercedes isn't good enough for him she's always been a dirt bag.

DifficultPifcultLemonDifficult Wed 06-Nov-19 09:42:00

Hollyoaks is pretty unreal even for hollyoaks at the minute grin

I quite like Mercedes, her life is as much of a disaster as mine, probably more so with the whole being shot thing grin

I want sylver to end up with me Grace too. As long as he doesn't go near Cindy, she does my head in.

Lessthanzero Wed 06-Nov-19 17:36:21

I love Sylver ❤️

Mercedes deserves to be shot just for cheating on him. Who in their right mind would cheat on Sylver - and with horrible Liam

Dieu Wed 06-Nov-19 19:52:15

This soap really is ridiculous. I think it's habit that keeps me watching grin

Queenoftheashes Wed 06-Nov-19 20:12:52

Hmm that thing was the keys was indeed bizarre

Lessthanzero Wed 06-Nov-19 21:40:24

This soap really is ridiculous. I think it's habit that keeps me watching

That's why I keep watching. Eastenders is so slow and depressing. I like that hollyoaks is just crazy and moves quickly with lots going on. They had the entire village destroyed, a serial killer story line and who done it all at the same time.

Although most people in hollyoaks are invincible, as they have to be to survive one calamity to the next.

Justneedatemporaryname Thu 07-Nov-19 22:34:23

That's why I keep watching. Eastenders is so slow and depressing. I like that hollyoaks is just crazy and moves quickly with lots going on.

Oh god, yeah- I can't imagine watching EastEnders after the rollercoaster that is Hollyoaks. Nothing ever happens until the Xmas episode...why do people watch it?confused

Justneedatemporaryname Thu 07-Nov-19 22:35:18

Don't Google Hollyoaks, because there's lots of spoilers about angry

Justneedatemporaryname Thu 07-Nov-19 22:37:13

I googled Mercedes and the actress herself is giving spoilersconfused
Isn't that a sackable offence? Should be!angry

cricketmum84 Thu 07-Nov-19 22:44:24

Ah yay I have found my people!

Me and DD(10) watch religiously. I honestly think they tackle some very very important issues in a way that's accessible to a younger age group. She's gutted that the Breda storyline is coming to a head on Hollyoaks later as she won't be able to watch that episode.

spice3 Thu 07-Nov-19 22:46:49

Why can't I find the spoilers? sad

Justneedatemporaryname Thu 07-Nov-19 22:52:54

spice3, you nutter!grin

Justneedatemporaryname Thu 07-Nov-19 22:53:15

Shall I PM you?

Dieu Fri 08-Nov-19 08:11:28

@Justneedatemporaryname

Maybe she's as fick as her on-screen character wink

Lessthanzero Fri 08-Nov-19 09:20:04

I keep getting spoilers on insta.

Was anyone else hoping Joel left with Cleo.

Xmasfairy86 Fri 08-Nov-19 09:51:21

And why do they all go about secret business in The Folly?!

Lessthanzero Fri 08-Nov-19 09:57:20

The folly is a very secret private place. But also you can run kids clubs and raves there.

Justneedatemporaryname Fri 08-Nov-19 11:05:44

Haha Dieu

Agree re the folly. Liam standing in the folly naked burning his clothes: not suspicious at all for a murder suspect 🙈

Justneedatemporaryname Fri 08-Nov-19 11:06:35

The folly is a very secret private place. But also you can run kids clubs and raves there.
grin

duckyandbunny Fri 08-Nov-19 11:17:16

Really hoping the 'who shot the local slapper' storyline doesn't drag out forever like the Breda one. I did think Liam because of him burning his clothes but I think it would be too obvious

Justneedatemporaryname Fri 08-Nov-19 11:48:48

So it's definitely not Sylver or Grace, as they spent the night together. It's not James as his lovely mother drugged him (why do they keep drugging each other?!grin)

Could be Joel, I guess. He took his dog collar off to do it then out it back on afterwards? We all know Joel likes to pick up and put down the whole priest thing when it suits him.

It can't be Diane. She wouldn't risk leaving her kids without a mother AND a father

Liam is too obvious. I think he'd have admitted it to Grace when she asked him. She killed Eva so it's not like she can judge him!

Guns aren't Breda's weapon of choice. And she would have hidden Mercedes body (even though she's about five feet nothing. She also would have managed it without anyone spotting her grin)

Tony's dad would be a neat ending, and then we don't have to lose any of the regulars. He fancies himself as a saviour-type figure.

DifficultPifcultLemonDifficult Fri 08-Nov-19 16:25:16

Its probably going to turn out to be the kid. That's the usual in this sort of storyline grin

I read they filmed 7 different endings so none of the cast knows who it will be.

PerfectionistProcrastinator Fri 08-Nov-19 16:42:17

Is there anyone in hollyoaks who hasn’t committed murder?!

Lessthanzero Fri 08-Nov-19 18:05:05

I think it was James, I think he knew the wine was spiked, didn't drink it. Killed Mercedes, then came home poured the wine away and made it look like he's drunk it and been passed out all night.

Lessthanzero Fri 08-Nov-19 19:23:05

Joel is lying about where he was because he was with Cleo is my guess.

LetsGoFlyAKiteee Fri 08-Nov-19 20:12:23

Really don't care! They just go round in circles with her character and after everything she's done mehhhh.

That said do think itll be Tony's dad or someone random.

Justneedatemporaryname Fri 08-Nov-19 22:25:17

Joel is lying about where he was because he was with Cleo is my guess.
Cleo?!
She's gone to stay with one of her sisters, hasn't she?

Justneedatemporaryname Fri 08-Nov-19 22:31:15

Really don't care! They just go round in circles with her character and after everything she's done mehhhh.

She really does get away with everything, doesn't she?! Remember when she drove a car through one of the shops on purpose and said something like 'Bad Mercedes is back' then strutted off? She didn't get done for that shock

Interesting how she was wearing the red dress in the Hollyoaks intro on the night she was shot.

RaingodsWithZippos Fri 08-Nov-19 22:35:49

My friend's daughter plays Carmina McQueen in Hollyoaks! I get confused watching it though.

MrsFoxPlus4Again Fri 08-Nov-19 22:39:15

Carmina hasn’t been in it for a few months 😂, and I’m sure she was usually forgotten about lol

RaingodsWithZippos Fri 08-Nov-19 22:46:42

To be honest the only episode I've watched with her in wad the christening one with the light up dress. She wore that to her real life christening too grin

Justneedatemporaryname Sat 09-Nov-19 00:39:44

I think we only saw Carmina once or twice. It was funny how Myra always said she was upstairs or at nursery. Other babies/ kids were shown much more. I did wonder why.

sarahstanley Sat 09-Nov-19 00:44:57

Warren shot Mercedes i reckon it said on Instagram he was filming to return.

Lessthanzero Sat 09-Nov-19 07:33:08

Warren shot Mercedes i reckon it said on Instagram he was filming to return.

Alright spoiler alert grin

Justneedatemporaryname Sat 09-Nov-19 12:42:23

What beef does Warren have with Mercedes?

Stellaris22 Sat 09-Nov-19 13:16:11

I'm imagining Mercedes coming out of the coma and the police will have magically forgotten the investigation and all will be back to normal in typical Hollyoaks fashion.

Feeling so sorry for Bobby though, being pushed away constantly and ignored do grown ups can talk.

Queenoftheashes Mon 11-Nov-19 20:12:03

So anyway is sienna really allowed to adopt after all the child kidnapping and endangerment?

LetsGoFlyAKiteee Mon 11-Nov-19 22:58:03

Same way Finn is able to do the school run.

sarahstanley Mon 11-Nov-19 23:04:36

I guess the beef is she was threatening his son maybe.

shumway Wed 13-Nov-19 11:07:36

I'm annoyed how they're doing the whole rapists are nice people really and he deserves a second chance storyline with Finn.

sarahstanley Wed 13-Nov-19 11:42:14

Yes that has annoyed me to they are almost trying to make us feel sorry for him. Yazz apologising for being uncomfortable when he touched her gave me the rage. Women should never make men feel uncomfortable no matter what ffs!

icecreamsundae32 Wed 13-Nov-19 14:15:54

I watch hollyoaks I'm a bit behind... just seen the disaster episode. How did no one notice Tony in the back of the car when they pulled Breda out or when Tom moved it?!

It is so ridiculous but a guilty pleasure for sure. Agree with the pp who said Silas was a much better baddie!

Xmasfairy86 Sat 16-Nov-19 19:03:50

And I’m not warming to Tony’s dad. At all

Lessthanzero Sat 16-Nov-19 20:42:54

Diane and Tony's dad are gonna bang, just before Tony gets back.

I think Breeder also has Kyle. Nancy and Darren will be back together and Kyle will come back.

Screamqueenz Sat 16-Nov-19 21:10:38

Watched hollyoaks since the first episode, totally fed up of the Breda tony storyline, and glad that Sinead has left.
Love the darren / Nancy storyline and would love to see more of sienna and Warren.

Stellaris22 Sat 16-Nov-19 21:38:48

Is Sinead not coming back? I won't miss the character.

Dieu Sat 16-Nov-19 21:41:44

God, Ste isn't the sharpest tool in the box. I might have known he'd fuck up his exit, by telling whatshisface all about it.
Feel really bad for young Sid. He seems like a good kid. Hope the others will look after him now his dad's dead.

Xmasfairy86 Sat 16-Nov-19 22:34:08

Would be nice if Sid hung around for a bit

Screamqueenz Mon 18-Nov-19 18:14:52

Turns out Sinead is coming back, apparently the actress needed some time out after splitting up with her boyfriend (who is also an actor in the Oaks).
Loved the hour long episode......

Justneedatemporaryname Mon 18-Nov-19 20:12:28

When did Sinead go? I didn't even notice. Not a fan of her, though I thought her recent scenes (rape aftermath) were good.

Screamqueenz Mon 18-Nov-19 20:15:07

She and Sami went to Spain on holiday (I think she was written out very quickly), they had an argument and Sami came back and she stayed in Spain.

Lessthanzero Wed 20-Nov-19 08:13:47

Adam Ricket has reappeared then. What's going on with the disappearing characters at the moment.

The actress that plays Sinead got sacked before for being unreliable.

Stellaris22 Thu 21-Nov-19 08:24:33

Oh, I was hoping the Sinead character had gone for good, theres nothing interesting about her.

Dieu Wed 27-Nov-19 21:58:25

Christ, if only it had been Murder on the Dancefloor. Can't stand Mercedes.
And Scott makes me cringe. Dignity zero.

Justneedatemporaryname Wed 27-Nov-19 23:08:53

Christ, if only it had been Murder on the Dancefloor. Can't stand Mercedes.

Same. I used to love her character, but I'm so over her now hmm

It's obviously not Sylver who shot her, as he was sleeping with Grace at the time. I guess we're in for a drawn out whodunnit hmm

Dieu Thu 28-Nov-19 20:02:48

Yup, of course Mercedes will have got that wrong. A bit like how she fucks up everything else in her life hmm

Justneedatemporaryname Thu 28-Nov-19 20:04:04

Let's hope the good thing to come out of this will be no chance of her and Sylver ever getting back together.

Lessthanzero Thu 28-Nov-19 20:11:34

Sophie Ellis Baxter must be making a few bob out of this storyline.

Screamqueenz Thu 28-Nov-19 20:20:42

Anyone not watch on E4? I don't want to give spoilers...

Justneedatemporaryname Thu 28-Nov-19 22:11:31

Why can't Brody just tell Sienna he doesn't want to foster bloody Sid? confused. He is such a wet lettuce.🙄

So do we think Brody and Liberty are going to get it together or what? grin

Stellaris22 Fri 29-Nov-19 08:07:38

I thought that about Brody and Liberty. So are the police going to focus on the shooting of Mercedes and completely forget she ran over Grace? We just can't get rid of Mercedes, its just boring with her now.

Lessthanzero Fri 29-Nov-19 09:48:42

I don't think brody. He's so bland and wet. I think him and Liberty will make a baby for Sienna but then start an affair.

Lessthanzero Fri 29-Nov-19 09:49:07

That was supposed to say I don't like Brody.

Justneedatemporaryname Mon 02-Dec-19 19:59:59

CALLED IT! grin
Hollyoaks is mental

Justneedatemporaryname Tue 03-Dec-19 20:03:25

So annoying the police aren't charging Mercedes with the hit and run 🙄

DartmoorChef Fri 06-Dec-19 19:53:37

It's my guilty secret to watch 😁

Dieu Sun 08-Dec-19 21:14:49

Sid breaks my heart. He is so young and vulnerable. I feel really sorry for him.

Stellaris22 Tue 10-Dec-19 13:37:48

I know, i'm not predicting a happy ending for Sid, he needs a lot of help.

I was watching it the other day thinking the only decent guy in it at the moment is Jesse, he loves Courtney and Iona and is lovely, but comes across as a bit boring. Every other guy is pretty horrible.

DartmoorChef Tue 10-Dec-19 21:52:38

All the bad boys are good looking though. Can't wait for Warren to come back. And I have to say Liam has a vulnerable side that makes me find him quite cute... I think I need help 🤔😂

Justneedatemporaryname Wed 11-Dec-19 16:00:37

Can't wait for Warren to come back.
Yaaassss!

And I have to say Liam has a vulnerable side that makes me find him quite cute... I think I need help
Yes you do. Yes. You. Do.

Stellaris22 Wed 11-Dec-19 18:36:08

Ooh, won't say no to Warren coming back though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »