Talk

Advanced search

E.R. fans, the whole lot on all 4

(195 Posts)
blamethecat Thu 19-Sep-19 18:23:13

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-demand/2019-09-18/er-streaming-all4/
grin

Ontheboardwalk Thu 23-Jan-20 22:44:44

Just watched time of death with Ray Liotta. I didn’t rate it at the time and still didn’t this time round. Am I missing something?

Ah I loved the Frank heart attack episode as well

TakeYourCanvasBags Thu 23-Jan-20 15:18:21

I remember that a special/retrospective was shown the night the final episode aired. Does anyone know if this is the same special mentioned here or is it something entirely new?

I'm still on season 10 - Frank has just had his heart attack. This is one of my favourite episodes, with the revelations about his family life and the deep respect he has for all the doctors - particularly Pratt and Neela despite appearing incredibly bigoted towards them at work.

Hadenoughofitall441 Wed 22-Jan-20 22:21:31

I’m just finishing up blindspot rewatch ready for the new season, so in a few days I will start watching ER from start to end. I have them all on dvd. I usually watch when I don’t have access to tv and when I am caught up on all my other shows and inbetween housework and the school run and work. So usually 2/3 eps per day.

blamethecat Tue 21-Jan-20 12:19:03

I'm so slow watching this as I only see 1-2 a week (unless I have a very lazy day off) near the end of S8 just watched the one where Mark died. It is so much harder to watch now, DP has had cancer and if it does come back (everything crossed it doesn't) We'd probably be in a similar situation.

Butterfly005 Fri 17-Jan-20 21:55:56

Thank you for mentioning the ER Special, that was interesting to see. Recently saw the episode where Abby gets kidnapped - actually found it very harrowing to watch so I'm surprised I didn't already know about it, and that no one seems to refer to it in the later series!

Also it's bugging me how Sam and Deb act cold towards Neela because they think their partners fancy her - it's not poor Neela's fault, she's hardly flirting! Sam often seems to be pissed off at staff and unwilling to say why, which is why I find it quite hard to like her a lot of the time.

TwoHeadedYellowBelliedHoleDig Fri 17-Jan-20 16:45:58

You have to search for "ER Special" on All4.

Graphista Thu 16-Jan-20 03:24:31

Oh wow - have the tissues handy for that special

Graphista Thu 16-Jan-20 01:43:24

Really annoyed this thread is no longer showing on my "I'm on" mnhq why is that?

I've just discovered completely by accident an ER special - it showed up at the end of an episode alongside the "because you watched ER" options

Watching now it's interviews with cast members etc

Was this on 4 recently? I didn't see it advertised.

FruityWidow Wed 15-Jan-20 20:33:53

Much preferred the earlier series but there were really good episodes in some of the late seasons. Like the smallpox episodes and Sam's kidnap.

Verily1 Wed 15-Jan-20 20:05:50

Yes I’ve also lost interest at a similar point to before s12/13.

But I’m ploughing on...

It’s weird watching episodes I’ve never seen (s14) when there are episodes in s1-6 Ive seen dozens of times.

There are just no characters now I’m particularly invested in.

Also luka abandoning Abby and Joe is jumping the shark!

TakeYourCanvasBags Wed 15-Jan-20 14:48:34

I've found it interesting that the whole tone and feel of the show in the early seasons (esp 1-3) is very different from 4-9ish and now that I'm on season 10, it seems to have changed again. In fact the change in feel of the show seems to coincide almost exactly with each time they re-fit/re-design the ER (moving the reception desk, closed to open-pan, moving the doctor's lounge, waiting area, triage cubicles etc).

If I'm honest, my interest is starting to wane now - almost is exactly at the point I stopped watching first time round. I really want to see this re-watch through though and am scared to take a break in case the set disappears from 4.

econowifey Tue 14-Jan-20 18:14:40

Ah just seen this thread. Was one of the annoyed by CBS when they switched off. Happy to get to watch them all.

NewModelArmyMayhem18 Tue 14-Jan-20 17:43:33

@Verily1 how are you getting on with Season 15?

TakeYourCanvasBags Tue 14-Jan-20 08:47:26

I'm on series 10 now. I watched The Lost last night - such a harrowing episode - it has rarely been out of my thoughts since it first aired. Strangely, I didn't find it as tough to watch second time around but DH found it really shocking and doesn't remember it being so first time around. I know they spun out the Africa-based episodes a bit too much in the end but it's easy to forget just how ground-breaking those first couple of episodes were; a really brave choice for a prime time, mainstream TV show and some of the political discourse was very thought-provoking. Perhaps we/USA needs something similar to air now.

Abby has become unbearably annoying though.

Verily1 Wed 08-Jan-20 21:02:33

I gave up when Ray and Neela didn’t get together.

Then his ending...

I’ve still to watch the last season for the first time.

NewModelArmyMayhem18 Wed 08-Jan-20 20:48:46

I liked his relationship with 'Lizzie' second time around. I was shocked at his demise :-(...

BertieDrapper Wed 08-Jan-20 20:30:28

I hated Romano when I watched ER before.... but found him funny this time round.... Just watch him get squished! Thought it happened much later.....

Ontheboardwalk Wed 01-Jan-20 23:50:06

I've had a break for a bit. The Abby brother after her mother story just does my head in

Am living Romano this time. He’s just dropped his coffee cup

Bobbybobbins Wed 01-Jan-20 10:00:57

I'm currently on series 7, loving the rewatch! I think I went to uni at some point first time around and kind of lost track.

Agree with pp that your reactions to different characters change! As a teen I loved Doug Ross but this time around found his character arrogant and annoying while I like Carrie Weaver a lot more.

kateandme Wed 01-Jan-20 07:05:48

NewModelArmyMayhem18 deff went on a life journey throughout his er portrayal that's for sure.

BrotherlyLove Tue 31-Dec-19 15:08:46

Season 15 grin
Oh dear!

NewModelArmyMayhem18 Tue 31-Dec-19 14:06:15

Season 15.

To be fair, I didn't really 'enjoy' ER once the original characters had left but second time around I'm having a change of heart. They are all quite tortured one way or another, but I guess that reflects the reality of many working in the caring professions.

dancemom Tue 31-Dec-19 13:53:53

I never actually watched ER the first time round, currently on S2 E10

BrotherlyLove Tue 31-Dec-19 13:31:23

What season is that then?

NewModelArmyMayhem18 Tue 31-Dec-19 13:13:30

When Abby and Luka leave?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »