Talk

Advanced search

Channel 5 - Suicidal: In Our Own Words

(8 Posts)
HollowTalk Tue 10-Sep-19 22:08:17

Anyone watching this? It's very moving.

Ohmydaysmate Tue 10-Sep-19 22:31:34

I wanted too but I chose the seahorse dad program on bbc 2 but will watch that tomorrow on catch up. I thought it might be a tear jerker

DrowningNotWaving1 Tue 10-Sep-19 22:40:06

I’m watching.
It’s incredibly sad - am in tears here

HollowTalk Tue 10-Sep-19 22:44:59

Some of those men had such sad eyes. Life is so hard for them.

Schuyler Tue 10-Sep-19 22:52:25

I always think people who are so open and raw on these programmes are incredibly brave. I did find it hard to watch.

HollowTalk Tue 10-Sep-19 23:13:35

I think they are very brave, too. It was the younger men that worried me in this programme. I felt the older guy was responding to his fear of his partner dying, whereas the younger ones seemed terribly depressed.

The one I worried about most was the soldier - I felt he would take others with him if he killed himself.

Deathraystare Wed 11-Sep-19 15:15:47

Very very sad. The poor youngster whose dad died then a grandparent? then his mum.

Also the older guy whose partner was dying. A lot of guys I think are very lonely but they really must open up more. I know it is hard for a man to admit he is not coping. I read 'Foxy's' book (ex SAS guy). Very revealing.

I nearly watched the Seahorse dad, but as I work in mental health this is an interest (mind you , so are seahorses! Love them!).

Deathraystare Wed 11-Sep-19 15:33:26

OOps! Just realised on another thread that the seahorse is not what it seems- Not a hippocampus but a male human? Glad I missed that then.

I am old enough to remember when seahorses referred to the lovely little creatures of the sea.....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »