Talk

Advanced search

Where are all the new autumn TV dramas?

(12 Posts)
Ironoaks Tue 10-Sep-19 21:49:53

Usually in September we have a lot of new television to look forward to.
This year there seems to be hardly anything?

Deep Water was disappointing and I'm not impressed by Sanditon.

I enjoy a range of genres, from period dramas to science fiction. Not a big fan of police/crime but will give most other things a try. I like a drama that is memorable or makes me think. I loved Years and Years.

Please can anyone suggest or recommend some ideas. I also have Netflix if you know of anything that has recently appeared on there.

historysock Tue 10-Sep-19 21:50:32

Agreed. They went too early with Poldark I reckon...

Ironoaks Tue 10-Sep-19 22:32:03

The BBC has something called World on Fire, but I don't think it starts until the end of September.

covetingthepreciousthings Tue 10-Sep-19 22:44:24

I think this too.

Is The Apprentice back soon?

There is War of The Worlds adaptation on BBC & another drama called Serpent?

Then I guess The Capture (bbc1)would class as new autumn drama & The Confession for ItV.

historysock Wed 11-Sep-19 06:20:03

Really I just want a nice period drama, perhaps with a bit of darkness to it, to watch at about 9 on a Sunday night...it can't be too much to ask!
I'm finding Sanditon a bit dull so it doesn't fit the bill...
I'm sure I saw a trailer for something about a Marie Antoinette-possibly with Helen Mirren in it? May have been on Sky....

DarlingNikita Wed 11-Sep-19 16:54:43

There's an upcoming Sky drama about Catherine the Great, starring Helen Mirren; is that what you're thinking of?

There's also stuff coming in late Sept/Oct and later: a legal drama/comedy with Katherine Parkinson on the Beeb; His Dark Materials, also Beeb; The Crown in Nov (yay!); The Dublin Murders, based on Tana French's crime novels; and Temple, a Brit remake of a quite weird but good Norwegian drama about illegal doctoring, with Mark Strong, on Sky.

I need a life grin

Ironoaks Wed 11-Sep-19 20:37:51

Thank you DarlingNikita
Some of those look interesting.

Lovewineandchocs Fri 13-Sep-19 19:59:24

OMG there’s a series based on Tana French’s novels?! Can’t wait, I love them! grin

NurseButtercup Sat 14-Sep-19 18:37:28

Here is a list of what's coming:

www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/british-tv-drama/59383/new-british-tv-dramas-for-2019-and-beyond

NurseButtercup Sat 14-Sep-19 18:40:00

I highly recommend State of the Union on BBC iPlayer with Rosamund Pike and Chris O'Dowd

Ironoaks Sat 14-Sep-19 19:23:49

Thank you NurseButtercup
That list includes adaptations of two books I enjoyed, so hopefully they'll be good.

Grey7841 Sat 14-Sep-19 20:51:34

I could do with a trashy Fay Mellor drama which is unrealistic but an easy watch
I was hoping the second series of the split would be soon but i think its next year

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »