Talk

Advanced search

Treasure Island with Bear Grylls

(28 Posts)
purpleme12 Tue 10-Sep-19 00:02:52

Anyone watching?

CurbsideProphet Tue 10-Sep-19 13:15:47

We watched it last night. It didn't take long for certain contestants to start focusing on the money over water and food!

BernadetteRostankowskiWolowitz Tue 10-Sep-19 13:16:59

Watched last night. I thought I'd be furious if they started squirrelling the money but I really enjoyed the naughtiness of it all.

Crazyeyes3 Tue 10-Sep-19 13:17:53

I think it’s given the programme a good twist. Looking forward to the next episode.

Livedandlearned Tue 10-Sep-19 13:22:28

I liked it. Looking forward to the next episode too, which is surprising because I'm getting a bit bored of desert island survival type programs.

Wakemeuuuup Tue 10-Sep-19 15:48:46

What age do you think it's suitable. Would you let a 13 and 14 year old watch it?

BernadetteRostankowskiWolowitz Tue 10-Sep-19 19:22:31

Yes I would. Can't speak for future episodes but there was nothing a 13/14 shouldn't see in the first episode.

Backintime4breakfast Tue 10-Sep-19 21:05:11

as long as you are happy with liberal use of the f word!

MaryPopppins Wed 11-Sep-19 07:27:33

I just watched this.

Really enjoyed it. Already looking forward to next week.

They're cheeky squirrelling the cash but who wouldn't.

I'm not convinced that water's safe for drinking though. envy (not envy)

ihatethecold Wed 11-Sep-19 07:30:33

I really like the new twist. I’m loving the Lord. He completely turned after he saw the cash. Make me laugh.

BernadetteRostankowskiWolowitz Wed 11-Sep-19 07:31:21

Yeah it's all well and good saying you would share but they've known these people for 24 hours.

ihatethecold Wed 11-Sep-19 07:31:23

I think the builder bloke that swears constantly is going to be a right lazy arse who doesn’t stop gabbing.

Wakemeuuuup Wed 11-Sep-19 08:25:01

Cheers Bernadette and BackinTime. We let them watch but they know we'll turn it off if we're not happy with what's being shown during the series.

purpleme12 Wed 11-Sep-19 08:52:55

I'm not sure about this twist yet
I feel like it's made it into a whole different programme
We'll see

roisinagusniamh Wed 11-Sep-19 11:36:12

I'm loving the cash incentive...it is so devisive.
It is preventing the usual 'early days' bonding that goes on beautifully!

Wakemeup,I'm afraid you really don't have that level of control over your teens,unless they are exceptionally obedient,they can watch it by other means.

Crawley65 Wed 11-Sep-19 22:39:32

I think the cash element is a great twist. I love the doctor, so modest as he’s actually a brain surgeon. He’s quietly sorting the camp out.

purpleme12 Tue 17-Sep-19 22:34:33

At the end it said that that waitress (Rosie?) Had left the island after 5 days. It's odd that they didn't show it. They'd normally show something like that

LolaDabestest Tue 17-Sep-19 23:46:58

Watching but it grates me how fucking selfish Ivor? And Marco are wtf people were ill with no water and they find it and fucked everyone off.,,,then manipulated (which Marco admitted) a 24 year old to ditch them too....well that 24 year old is more of a man then both of them put together as he got them to go back as he felt bad for the "women" and "elderly"
Seriously if I was either of their family watching I'd be cringing and ashamed! Goes to show the vile side of people that comes out when money is involved.

purpleme12 Wed 18-Sep-19 00:28:17

Yes but I guess they picked greedy people didn't they

babbez Wed 18-Sep-19 07:29:34

I actually love ivar and Marco.

I don't think it's fair to say they're greedy... I mean ivar was all for sharing at first until he actually found himself in that situation. I bet most people in the camp would have don't the same (except a few like Jack, the third guy with them who like hunting).

I mean, the girls did the exact same, most people would having said that they don't really deserve the money as they have enough but I guess they found it soooo-

BernadetteRostankowskiWolowitz Wed 18-Sep-19 07:40:01

The thing is - they don't know each other. Itd be vastly different if they put an already established group (family/friends/work) and they started squirrelling money away.

But each person on this island could be stashing the cash and presenting a team front. Because they are all strangers at the end of the day.

roisinagusniamh Wed 18-Sep-19 11:52:47

Who was Rosie? Did she do anything significant?

purpleme12 Wed 18-Sep-19 12:12:27

I'm not sure but someone leaving is quite significant they usually show it

30to50FeralHogs Wed 18-Sep-19 12:19:45

I thought it said Ruby, but the fact that none of us knew her and they didn’t show a photo made me think maybe she wasn’t shown at all. Perhaps she asked to be cut completely or they just realised we wouldn’t be at all invested in her, and chose to show the greedy boys instead?!

30to50FeralHogs Wed 18-Sep-19 12:21:03

Does anyone else find Ivor creepy the way he talks to his ‘Wilson’ coconut about fancying Marco?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »