Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone watching Singletown?

(15 Posts)
Italiangreyhound Wed 04-Sep-19 23:45:48

Just started watching it.

I already feeling invested in some people getting much nicer partners! It sounds like a weird premise but actually quite fun to watch.

Progress2019 Tue 10-Sep-19 12:37:27

I’m on the second episode. Some seem so nice, and some really not so nice. So far I’m not keen on Selen.

Surely we’re not the only ones watching Italiangreyhound? So far its a bit of a mix of that celebrity dating programme (although no celebrities), and love island.

desperatehousewife21 Tue 10-Sep-19 14:30:33

I tried after a recommendation from a girl at work but couldn’t even finish the first episode just thought it was a crap version of love island/ celebs go dating (the voiceover nowhere near as funny) plus thought everyone on it was so young and childish I felt too old and I’m only 29! confused

Progress2019 Tue 10-Sep-19 17:22:53

I’m sure one girl is only 18. I’ve given up after almost two episodes.

Italiangreyhound Tue 10-Sep-19 19:36:19

Oh I am loving it. Sad really because I am not only old enough to be there mums but probably to be some of their grandmas!

I think Sophie is lovely, and way too nice for George.

Rob is lovely too, and Claudia doesn't seem to see it, but then maybe they are all too young to be together.

Sel is stunning and I am not sure why she has stayed with the same guy for so long, when he seems not to really care for her.

Is it really like Love Island because I've always avoided that! I thought they did not know each other on Lone Island?

Anyway, think it is quite fun.

Italiangreyhound Tue 10-Sep-19 19:36:57

So @Progress2019 just me and you watching?!

AlrightOkNow Wed 11-Sep-19 00:42:43

I'm watching and cannot stand George. Firstly because they've been together 3 years and she's 18 now, with him being 21 - that would have made her 15 when he was 18?! However, tonight's episode confirmed how manipulative and controlling he is, using Sophie as a thing to worship (not even well by the sounds of it) and not as an equal. Very tactical after finding out she was really getting to like Mason at the last ceremony. I really want to see Sophie and Mason as I couple. Sel needs to move on, she can do much better. Charlie and Eliott could work things out but they seem so mismatched.

Italiangreyhound Wed 11-Sep-19 01:51:08

AlrightOkNow completely agree. But not seen tonight's episode yet.

George not very nice.

Italiangreyhound Mon 16-Sep-19 23:38:05

Rather boring tonight wasn't it?

Bloody hell Jeremiah, softer side or what.

Italiangreyhound Wed 18-Sep-19 00:07:35

Anyone still watching or just me?

Can't help feeling the lesbians are in there for a sort of 'do they fancy boys or girls' and it would have been better to have a gay couple like the girls because the back and forth just seems confusing.

It's interesting that the Australian woman was there in her PJs while the other girls are in their skimpy outfits. It does seem to have changed the tone a bit. Maybe made it a bit more interesting. Although I cannot see what anyone would think the blond haired French woman had in common with the Australian woman!

Italiangreyhound Wed 18-Sep-19 00:08:21

who like girls, like the gay male couple.

AlrightOkNow Wed 18-Sep-19 01:20:52

Couldn't watch any more after Monday. Is George horrible to you Sophie or not?! I think he's quite manipulative from what I can see but the information about their relationship is not adding up!

Jeremiah is just working out he's punching with Selin now I think.

I don't like last week's new couple but haven't yet seen this week's yet as I've not watched Tuesday's one yet. I'm wondering how many couples were found on social media though!

Italiangreyhound Wed 18-Sep-19 08:21:22

The 'mentor' said something about last week so am guessing we are nearly done.

George is not very nice.

BlueBelle81 Wed 18-Sep-19 12:54:40

I'm only on ep 7 so far. Are they all from Essex and Birmingham?
Selin gets on my nerves and George makes my flesh crawl.
Rob, Elliot and Sophie seem very sweet, Charlie seems pretty fragile.
It's a weird show but I've got sucked in!

Italiangreyhound Wed 18-Sep-19 12:55:25

It's kind of got to me too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »