Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What good dvds have you bought recently

(6 Posts)
tracyk Sun 05-Aug-07 19:55:16

Going on hols in Sept and looking for some new DVD's for dh and I and also seperate ones for ds. Am fed up with Johnny English and Power Rangers!

pinkspottywellies Sun 05-Aug-07 19:57:03

I bought Hans Christian Andersen the other day - a really old musical (think it was made in the 70's) that we used to watch when I was little!

gegs73 Sun 05-Aug-07 20:00:20

Have you seen Shaun of the Dead? It is brilliant really funny (for you and DH not children). Also has your DS seen The Incredibles? Lots of shooting, robots and superhero stuff if he likes Power Rangers.

Bouquetsofdynomite Sun 05-Aug-07 20:09:22

How old is your DS? Nanny McPhee pretty much pleases every age despite not having a single scary thing in it.
Cohen Brothers movies are alway good value for grownups, my DH collects them. Fargo, Big Lebowski, O Brother Where art thou, Man who wasn't there.
Personally I'm a sucker for anything with Owen Wilson, Ben Stiller or Will Ferrell. Anchorman and Starski & Hutch have me wetting myself every time.

barnstaple Sun 05-Aug-07 20:19:46

A Knight's Tale
Corpse Bride
Men In Black
The Hogfather*
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

*My dd's 7 and enjoys all of them except this one - she hasn't seen it yet, but it's good for older kids. I prefer the book mind you.

tracyk Mon 06-Aug-07 11:03:46

ds is 3.5 and has most kiddie dvd's - Power Rangers, Incredibles, in fact all the Pixar ones.
I'll have a look for Shaun of the Dead - haven't heard of it.
I remember I've got Starsky and Hutch - unwatched so I can take that. I'll look for Anchorman too - I haven't heard of it either.
Ebay - here I come.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now