Talk

Advanced search

BBC THREE last night. the Middle Classes and the ...shhhhhhh 'C' word

(8 Posts)
Tortington Fri 03-Aug-07 14:15:28

did anyone see it i though it epitomises everything i always say about the Middle classes - it was fab

the middle class presenter drew a horseshoe ...on one end he wrote "toffs" on the other end he wrote "navvies" in the 'u-bend' (ha haahaa haa ...u-bend...haa<ahem>) he wrote middle class

now the UC dont mind swearing prolifically

neither dot he WC

the MIddle class are pncey fairies and both the UC and the WC agree.

however the C word was the explosion of all swear words ...the last shocking bastion for the UC

but for the WC it was used as a term of enderement - depending on its context vocal tone etc.

it was a fab programme - the preposition of which i think can be tranfered to many aspects of life.

anyone see it?

MaloryTheExciterTowers Fri 03-Aug-07 14:17:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bear Fri 03-Aug-07 14:20:04

I did - loved the way Ricky Grover used it - was a whole new word - soft and caring

F-ing Francis Fulford is still off his trolley, mind

Bet that Will whatshisname never cooks a fry-up for his girlfriend when there are no cameras there. And how many tins of beans did they have? Looked like a catering pack!

Tortington Fri 03-Aug-07 14:23:20

wow !yaya someone else saw it

Tortington Fri 03-Aug-07 15:12:37

just a tiny bump

Pan Fri 03-Aug-07 15:46:15

I see. So this is going to be used to justify continued use of vulgar and coarse language on MN for some time to come, then?

Hmmm? Hmmm?

Tortington Fri 03-Aug-07 15:48:10

as mumsnet is mostly middle class - i rather expecte outrage. either at the content or at the tone in which my original post was written. it was in no way meant as an excuse for my (or others) swearing.

for i do not apologise for it

FioFio Fri 03-Aug-07 15:49:08

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now