Talk

Advanced search

Gameface

(21 Posts)
FaithHowellsYellowCoat Thu 01-Aug-19 21:51:26

I really like Roisin Conaty. Does anyone else watch?

motorcyclenumptiness Fri 02-Aug-19 10:06:02

Yes! Gameface is my fave thing on TV at the moment.

youngestisapsycho Fri 02-Aug-19 11:53:24

I watched all of series one last week.. think I've seen 2 episodes of series 2. It's hilarious!

Daffodil2018 Fri 02-Aug-19 12:13:09

Loving it! The bit where she turned up at that restaurant to meet Simon dressed as a monk grin

MissDew Fri 02-Aug-19 13:05:01

Um, I don't get it.

OK, she turned up to meet Simon dressed as a monk because she was doing a temp job. Little bit funny.

But, the rest, um I don't get it.

She's pregnant but the father/ex-boyfriend doesn't know. Um, sorry, I just don't get it. Watching it felt like I was labouring the point.

FaithHowellsYellowCoat Fri 02-Aug-19 14:15:42

Miss have you seen the first series?

CheckingOutTheQuantocks Fri 02-Aug-19 15:47:27

I missed the first series when it was originally shown, but then I binged it all in one go when I realised it has Damien Molony in it. I've had an alarming crush on him since Being Human! As it happens, he's probably the least interesting person in it. I love Roisin Conaty in this, and the sessions she has with her therapist are a hoot. I remember him from Green Wing and like to think this is what Dr Dear has had to resort to after failing all his doctor exams grin

FaithHowellsYellowCoat Mon 05-Aug-19 21:40:23

Quantocks I love that idea about Martin!

Doubleraspberry Sat 10-Aug-19 08:00:29

Just found this. Absolutely love it. Although we haven’t started series 2 yet so this thread has a surprise on it - looking forward to seeing how that plays out!

Thunderpunt Sat 10-Aug-19 22:57:52

Yes Quantocks! He's from the Green Room, of course - and I agree he def failed his doctor exams and ended up as a pretty rubbish psychiatrist!
Love this programme and love Roisin C

JustHereWithMyPopcorn Sun 11-Aug-19 14:01:08

Love this, was so excited at a second series!

WizzyWanta Sun 11-Aug-19 22:34:52

Absolutely love Roisin Conaty and this programme. Though having binge watched all of season one in one evening, I am finding it frustrating having to wait a week between episodes!

Sarcelle Sun 11-Aug-19 22:37:32

Yes, love this. Late convert, just binged watched Series 1 and now watching Series 2 in real time. Really like everything about this programme. This week it is the last in series and it's a double ep.

Backhometothenorth Sun 11-Aug-19 22:37:51

The scene about her parents divorcing was the funniest thing I've seen in ages grin

EleanorReally Mon 12-Aug-19 07:21:04

Also got to catch up with this

Dogmatix34 Tue 13-Aug-19 22:17:50

I love this show! Proper laugh out loud funny. She’s such a great, refreshing character and I want to be her friend.

Thunderpunt Thu 15-Aug-19 21:29:59

Just watched the last 2 episodes, loved it, so funny. The old boy with the horse had me howling (we love a bit of bodily fluids/noises humour in this house) What a great second series (and I suspect the last??!!)

Sarcelle Fri 16-Aug-19 04:06:14

Oh no, I hope not the last series.

CheckingOutTheQuantocks Fri 16-Aug-19 08:29:46

It certainly seemed like it was being wrapped up, although I hope not!

FaithHowellsYellowCoat Fri 16-Aug-19 08:32:32

I would quite like to see the Carewolves series! It looked great grin

CheckingOutTheQuantocks Fri 16-Aug-19 20:01:47

When you see programmes like iZombie and Being Human about supernatural beings just trying to live a normal life, it seems quite plausible that someone would make Carewolves. I'd probably watch it, especially if it had Roisin Conaty being one of the titular characters.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »