Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Top Gear Polar episode..what is that piece of music???

(12 Posts)
michaelad Tue 31-Jul-07 23:20:33

There's a piece of music, rather dramatic and classical sounding with violins etc. that was used in that episode. I need to know what it is..it is driving me potty!!
It has been used in previous episodes too and is also part of a trailer for a new series on BBC4 (latest episode "Atom").

Anybody any ideas??

michaelad Tue 31-Jul-07 23:23:31

bump

SlightlyMadSpider Tue 31-Jul-07 23:25:00

I have just bloody deleted it off my Sky+ box in the the last 2hrs or I would have looked at the credits for you...

michaelad Wed 01-Aug-07 11:57:58

never mind..I will just keep bumping it!

prettybird Wed 01-Aug-07 12:07:52

Why not e-mail the BBC and ask them?

The tune is on the tip of my tongue - but I am not sure if I iwll manage to retrieve it from my memory banks.

SlightlyMadSpider Wed 01-Aug-07 15:09:18

The whole episode is on youtube in 1:30 sections. The music isn't acknowledged in the credits

Maybe you could find the clip with your music and start a new thread with the simple title "what is this tune?" you might attract lots of musical people that aren't interested in Top Gear...

MrsScavo Wed 01-Aug-07 15:12:25

No idea, but DS1 has spent the past week re-inacting the journey (minus the gin) He has dug great holes in the flower beds, rescuing his go-kart from 'polar ice'

SlightlyMadSpider Wed 01-Aug-07 15:13:03

LOL MrsS

michaelad Wed 01-Aug-07 16:06:49

Lol @ Mrs S!
Yep, will have a look at the Youtube episodes and see whether I can find the one with the music.. it bugs me so much.. I'm almost certain I actually own that piece of music..if only I knew what is was

flatmouse Wed 01-Aug-07 16:10:37

does this help? http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Media-and-TV/Question436127.html

flatmouse Wed 01-Aug-07 16:11:34

oops link didn't work
or from a digital spy forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Examinus
Does anybody know what this music is called? With the strings and scary choir?

It's the much overused main title theme to Requiem For A Dream called 'Summer Overture'.

michaelad Wed 01-Aug-07 16:19:30

flatmouse, you're a hero!
I have seen "Requiem for a dream" and in fact most of the other films that come up once you know the title of the piece...
I know it's massively overused..it just drove me potty not knowing what it was!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now