Talk

Advanced search

Money Heist/House of Paper/La Casa de Papel IS BACK ON NETFLIX!

(35 Posts)
RageAgainstTheVendingMachine Fri 19-Jul-19 10:16:40

Super excited.
So if I had just titled this thread
Bella ciao bella ciao bella ciao ciao ciao
I assume you'd have found it grin

cake brew x binge

RageAgainstTheVendingMachine Fri 19-Jul-19 11:41:34

Just me, then? wink
1st episode spoilerish but not really
Bloody hell Rio is still a liability
Denver's laugh remains as annoying as Jimmy Carr's
Pedro Alonso - I still would

Send food grin

RageAgainstTheVendingMachine Fri 19-Jul-19 21:12:02

Am I really the only one watching or have I missed a thread somewhere?!

RageAgainstTheVendingMachine Sat 20-Jul-19 06:18:57

Clearly I am the only bingewatcher - es un escandalo! - It was awesome.
They had better do series 4 now wink

mintyroller Sun 21-Jul-19 00:06:24

Yes, me! I've only watched until episode four now, watching two per evening. I'm daft about it. I saw a spoiler about the end of the series on FB so I've unfollowed the FB groups for now.

mintyroller Sun 21-Jul-19 00:07:36

Have you seen the video of Denver's laugh to the tune of Bella Ciao?

RageAgainstTheVendingMachine Sun 21-Jul-19 01:04:38

No but I will look for it now wink
I was lucky to see it innocent and unscathed.
Allegedly series/part 4 has already been filmed so I am hoping they release it sooner rather than later.

mintyroller Sun 21-Jul-19 19:37:01

Just in case you haven't yet found it;

youtu.be/nEq3Cix-nlk

Xyzzzzz Sun 21-Jul-19 19:44:54

I enjoyed the first two seasons and was hooked. Watched this season and think it’s a disappointment so far. Can’t stand Tokyo.

RageAgainstTheVendingMachine Sun 21-Jul-19 19:58:34

That's hilarious and sets my teeth on edge at the same time minty wink
X You'll end up hating her all the way through tbh - that's who I meant was a liability, not sure why I said Rio apart from him being easy on the eye
I enjoyed it, sorry you're not - I can understand why, it's kept very rigidly to the formula, Palermo is no Berlin, some cameos eg Moscow in flashback, Angel are barely worth it, Lisbon underused, Alicia Sierra similar to the crazed policewoman in madagascar 3, songs that are not Bella Ciao....but in spite of all its flaws I am still stanning it beyond reason <3 <3 <3

mintyroller Mon 22-Jul-19 20:56:13

songs that are not Bella Ciao

grin

About to watch another couple. I like Palermo more than I thought I would so far. I imagine series 4 won't feature Berlin at allsad

mintyroller Mon 22-Jul-19 20:57:26

Have you used the filter on FB camera?

Xyzzzzz Mon 22-Jul-19 21:16:40

I’ve given it another go and it’s rather cartoonish. I think I’d have preferred it stopped at season 2. I’m a great believe of quality over quantity. First two seasons were fantastic.

I even sneaked and watched the ending before DH.

I’ve never liked Tokyo tbh she was always spoilt. Love Denver and Monica! Professor and Nairobi!

mintyroller Mon 22-Jul-19 22:00:29

Xyzzzzz I've just finished episode five and I didn't like it anywhere near as much as the first few. Far too much suspension of disbelief needed.

stephstrops Mon 22-Jul-19 22:05:28

Binge watched it over the weekend and loved it

mintyroller Mon 22-Jul-19 22:30:01

RageAgainstTheVendingMachine on to episode 6 now and I see what you mean about the music not being Bella Ciaogrin

mintyroller Mon 22-Jul-19 22:38:02

Changed my mind about Palermo, he's an arsehole!

RageAgainstTheVendingMachine Tue 23-Jul-19 08:03:55

grin
For all its flaws, I still enjoyed it a lot. I am brand loyal though. So Killing Eve, UnREAL, Modern Family...I'll watch all of them even if they end up jumping the shark. I know you're supposed to always leave the crowd wanting more - I recently bought Fawlty Towers on Prime which is a good example. Utopia is another, albeit that was cancelled prematurely even though Adeel Akthar got a Bafta for his role in it.
But even a weaker season of Money Heist is still ten times better than constructed reality twaddle. The only second series which I just really really struggled with was the Dirk Gently retread: the first one I had loved. The second one I found the tone and change of direction totally inexplicable.

Xyzzzzz Tue 23-Jul-19 09:51:09

I will normally watch all seasons too (side note: UNreal started off so well) but I’ve got to admit this season did not invest me like the other two have.

I hope 4 is better

RageAgainstTheVendingMachine Tue 23-Jul-19 11:21:03

UnREAL was fabulous in its first season - I so wanted Constance Zimmer to win an emmy (sidenote - Utopia was cancelled having won international emmy, Adeel Akhtar did get a bafta but not for this, he was nominated though) and thought Shiri Appleby was excellent.
Prime is remaking Utopia - I'd much rather they had picked up series 3 but assume cast would be too expensive possibly.

mintyroller Wed 24-Jul-19 22:11:02

Who does Tamayo look like? I'm convinced he looks the spitting image of some British actor but I'm damned if I can remember who it is.

mintyroller Wed 24-Jul-19 22:13:09

And Pedro Alonso! When I first watched it I thought he reminded me of someone but I've watched him so much I can't even picture the guy he originally reminded me of.

RageAgainstTheVendingMachine Thu 25-Jul-19 04:06:26

Someone else wanted Sam Rockwell to play Berlin if it ever had an American remake. I can kind of see that. He also reminds me a bit of Armand Assante.
Fernando Cayo in some pics ironically reminds me of Craig Bierko (unREAL)

CanILeavenowplease Fri 26-Jul-19 00:47:02

I recently bought Fawlty Towers on Prime

Are you not in the UK? Because I hate to tell you that it’s on Netflix if you are. Sorry.

Not watched yet. Intending to binge watch over the weekend.

RageAgainstTheVendingMachine Fri 26-Jul-19 02:00:41

No I am not in the UK but it literally cost a euro so bargainous!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »