Talk

Advanced search

My Kitchen Rules Australia 2019

(320 Posts)
youngestisapsycho Wed 05-Jun-19 16:19:09

Have I missed this? Has it been on Sky yet... I daren't google anything as it always shows the winners?! I assume it already been on in Australia !?

RedForShort Sun 08-Sep-19 22:17:39

I was shocked P&B didn't get through given the critique I&R got from the judges. Bit of a fix?
You're not alone with that shock. It just didn't make sense. Same way Josh and Austion kept getting assistance or saved when they were failing.

€2000 on flowers!!!! Wow!

I just read an article about who te judges thought was the worst contestant: josh from season 8 - the 'seafood king's who claimed he was a model

www.google.com/amp/s/amp.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/my-kitchen-rules-judges-name-shows-worst-ever-contestant/news-story/21e333a44a6a2f0a6bbd533561ff78ac

ALemonyPea Sun 08-Sep-19 22:04:52

Chris (cabin crew) and Sal are a couple according to google!

I was happy Ibby and Rommel didn't win. Matt and Luke were ok winners, not my fave though.

I was shocked P&B didn't get through given the critique I&R got from the judges. Bit of a fix?

greatvengeanceandfuriousanger Sun 08-Sep-19 21:07:39

Ibby and Rommel spent $30,000 of their own money to compete. $2,000 went on flowers for their first IR because anything over budget comes out of their own pocket.

Andi tried to get free food from an Adelaide restaurant for exposure £$€ on Instagram.

Matt (and everyone else probably) gained 8 kilos during the competition. Manu went low carb and weight trained to lose 10kgs.

I didn't think about romance until this series but it's happened each series. I didn't pick up on my own about Bianca and Matt but once I knew I could tell shots were framed to show B looking all doe eyed at M.

RedForShort Sun 08-Sep-19 20:19:26

Matt and Bisnca a couple? I wouldn't haved picked that up!!

Just watched the final - delighted Matt and Luke won. Ibby and Romel, whilst very good cooks can't cope if anything goes differently outside their tightly controlled plan.

Don't forget to come back and share the gossip from googling!

greatvengeanceandfuriousanger Sat 07-Sep-19 22:53:20

Most of the press I can see is about Piper rather than Victor's tantrums. I think it was definitely framed to make more of him as a bad guy but he did act like a twat. The knife twirling wasn't as big of a deal as they made out.

I grew to like Bianca. I'd row with Pat too.

PrincessandthePeach Sat 07-Sep-19 22:10:40

Agreed Mrs, I could not stand Victor one bit. He had some serious issues.

MrsDimmond Sat 07-Sep-19 16:40:02

Very happy with that result! They worked so well together and improved massively through the competition. They deserved that win.

Ibbi and Romel just went to pieces didn't they?

The person I feel sorry for is G. Victor was unpleasant and volatile. Poor G was dragged down with him.

ellenanora5 Sat 07-Sep-19 13:05:20

I'm thrilled Matt and Luke won, they fought hard to get there and deserved it.

Victor must be a right sulky gobshite.

I'm off to google them all now too grin

Thanks for the thread youngestisa, next year I'll be fully recovered and able to participate much more smile

greatvengeanceandfuriousanger Sat 07-Sep-19 09:19:06

Highlight of the night was the baby clapping 😭

I knew all along too but was still made up. I thought the final might be a let down after the semi but I loved it and cried too.

I also knew that Matt (social worker) and Bianca were a couple.

I'm glad Victor and G weren't there, I only realised because Piper mentioned it. I laughed when Josh said I&R wouldn't win because they were professionals - I kind of agreed with him.

I'm off to Google wtaf about Victor.

PrincessandthePeach Fri 06-Sep-19 22:29:29

Ny, yeah it was Piper who said they weren't there I think and how she was very disappointed.
I knew all along that Matt and Luke had won as I had spoiled it for myself at the start 🙈. I cried when the winner was announced however 😂

youngestisapsycho Fri 06-Sep-19 22:04:03

I can finally start googling about the contestants!😂

ny20005 Fri 06-Sep-19 22:03:47

@PrincessandthePeach wow, I didn't even notice that victor & g weren't there !

So glad they won & now I can google everything 😂

youngestisapsycho Fri 06-Sep-19 21:56:27

Great final... very close!

PrincessandthePeach Fri 06-Sep-19 20:25:26

Omg, Victor and G must have been so bitter about getting put out they didn't even go to the final to support the others! 🙈

greatvengeanceandfuriousanger Fri 06-Sep-19 16:53:12

I'm not sure MKR NZ is P&M this time.

Can't wait to see the final.

ellenanora5 Fri 06-Sep-19 16:46:51

I hope Matt and Luke win, Romels face was hilarious when Pete said that, that was a kick in the guts for him.

I don't know who does MKR New Zealand, I remember a few years ago they incorporated the two countries and it was very good, Pete and Manu did it that time.

I've never watched the South Africa one.

I gave up on the English one last year, can't remember why.

youngestisapsycho Fri 06-Sep-19 10:21:34

I've never watched any of the other country ones... is it also Pete and Manu? Isn't there a South Africa one too?

RedForShort Fri 06-Sep-19 10:21:00

I'm raging I'll miss it!! Well miss it tonight - will view it Sunday night

youngestisapsycho Fri 06-Sep-19 10:20:17

I got the impression that the other judges liked Matt and Luke's 'Aussie home cooking'. That might go in their favour? They seemed to cope better with the time pressure too.

greatvengeanceandfuriousanger Fri 06-Sep-19 09:23:14

I thought it was hilarious that Pete said the previous semi final wasn't the same standard. I hope there's a battle tonight.

MKR NZ starts next.

MagentaRocks Fri 06-Sep-19 08:51:44

I really hope Matt and Luke win. Rommels face when Pete said if either of last nights had been doing it the night before they would have been through was priceless.

RedForShort Fri 06-Sep-19 08:00:30

Oh they are who I'd like to win. I'm just being very sceptical with MKR now; especially after the two who somehow won last year, and with who somehow got through to the finals two years ago.

Saying that Ibby and Romel are good. Just a bit one trick 'fine dining' ponies.

youngestisapsycho Fri 06-Sep-19 07:36:42

Hmm, I was thinking Matt and Luke will win.

RedForShort Fri 06-Sep-19 00:05:55

I'd say Ibby and Romel will. Unfortunately.

Funny how Andy and Ruby's missing bits in the ad starter were mentioned in the critic, but Ibby and Romel's wasn't. (Actually it might have been - both teenage sons decided it was the perfect time to talk at to me yesterday.)

I'm not going to get to see the final till Sunday!!! I shall have to avoid you from tomorrow evening until then.

youngestisapsycho Thu 05-Sep-19 21:40:56

So.... who’s gonna win? I have my favourites.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »