Talk

Advanced search

My Kitchen Rules Australia 2019

(320 Posts)
youngestisapsycho Wed 05-Jun-19 16:19:09

Have I missed this? Has it been on Sky yet... I daren't google anything as it always shows the winners?! I assume it already been on in Australia !?

RedForShort Tue 02-Jul-19 21:22:16

What I find interesting is how the controversial pair always have the very last instant resturant (this time Josh and Austin).

Wonder how they sort that? I mean it certainly appears that it they were in that order with how they talk about who's next and the score board.

I mean i figure some are chosen for the over-confident or rotten personality. But how do they manage to find ones like this who can cook (though some controversial ones have gone at the instant resturant round but plenty haven't.)

MrsDimmond Tue 02-Jul-19 23:03:15

The brothers are really quite something aren't they? It's actually disconcerting watching them shock

I wasn't sure why there was such a fuss made about the originality of the pudding tonight. Firstly because Andy predicted it spot on, and secondly because it was just brioche, coulis and ice cream ...
But the siblings did well.

HoofWankingSpangleCunt Wed 03-Jul-19 15:40:13

Hello all!
I'm super excited about this new series...
Some of these characters are going to make good telly.
Christian Brothers 1 &,2, although distinctly lacking in social skills, are not as bad as Fashion Men 1 & 2, imo. Those two have far more self awareness and game playing going on.
Maybe it's just me, but as the mother of an 11year old Aspie DS I can see some familiar traits in Christian Brothers 1 &2. I'm wondering what came first, the homeschooling or the "quirkyness". Although I can't condone deliberate offensiveness for offensiveness's sake, I do think the brothers are sometimes just saying what everyone else is thinking.
I wonder how they will fare in the kitchen.

There are going to be some serious personality clashes this season, how splendid grin

ALemonyPea Wed 03-Jul-19 16:25:58

The short haired Christian brother looks a little like Ryan Reynolds.

MagentaRocks Wed 03-Jul-19 17:04:32

Just watched the first two episodes. Don’t like the Christian brothers, they are going to be awful. The Peru pair are going to be like the ones chucked off last year I reckon. The first two couples to cook seem nice. I liked that the first couple knew they would be beaten by the second two and seemed ok with it so that is nice.

I can’t believe the guy thinks he has got away with the restaurant mistake. Everyone will realise.

I love this programme, I can’t wait for the next episode.

RedForShort Wed 03-Jul-19 17:30:13

Don't know about the Christian Brothers being aspie. The short haired one (Austin, possibly) seems to get a lot of enjoyment out of being nasty. It looks like he is genuinely thrilled to think he's upset people.

Though there's a definite social immaturity. Makes me think of shielded, spoilt children, who have only ever been told how marvellous and special they are.

(You know, the sort that's been taught not to apologise if they bump into someone and hurt them - if you've ever had the displeasure of know that sort of parent!!)

HoofWankingSpangleCunt Thu 04-Jul-19 06:55:04

I think you may be right red. There was definitely an enjoyment at other people's discomfort, certainly not an ASD trait. I think their parents might have dropped the ball and not reared them for polite society. Or any society really. Is it wrong though that they made me laugh loads in last night's program? "There's the Colombian and the pretend Colombian"
Ms Peru 1&2 were very indiscreet and seemed to delight in telling the table about the dessert disaster. I hope they get their comeuppance although they'll probably be shit hot.
That meal though.... shock I knew from the beginning of the shop that the pudding would be a cluster fuck as George Clooney appears to have no culinary ability whatsoever. I felt a bit sorry for Ms Colombia but their meal reminded me of the flavourless carb fest dished out by the Hungarian origin mother and daughter in a previous series.
I like The Lesbian and her Gay Best Friend . They seem to be a solid, kind couple and I think they'll be extremely competent in the kitchen, or garden (I get BBQ vibes from these two).
So many days ahead, so much to look forward to.

MrsDimmond Thu 04-Jul-19 12:24:16

Oh God that was a painful meal!

I was expecting the husband to be useless because it was obvious it was his wife who was the driving force . But it was excruciating to hear the judges ....

I didn't like the way the Peruvian women went to town on the criticism. That was nasty and unnecessary.

The brothers continue to delight in deliberate goading. Different in my opinion to simply "saying it as it is".

Have I missed what they actually do? It's weird to reference them as being hone schooled when they are now in their 20s.

HoofWankingSpangleCunt Thu 04-Jul-19 16:20:00

Christian Brother Jim Carrey looks like he lives at home with parents and spends his days playing World of Warcraft.
Seriously though I think they are probably doing something in IT. When they're not being Professional Previously Home Schooled Kids, that is.

RockingMyFiftiesNot Thu 04-Jul-19 20:21:02

Have fast forwarded through the comments - just realised it's back and on 1st episode. Is it sad to be so excited about a new series?!

HoofWankingSpangleCunt Fri 05-Jul-19 08:30:25

Definitely not. I think there is an omnibus on Saturdays. Catch up quickly!

ellenanora5 Fri 05-Jul-19 11:09:49

I haven't been able to watch since Monday so I'm going to catch up during the day today, even though the hoover is looking at me with puppy dog eyes and practically begging me to use him I shall resist and do my duty to MKR

smile

RedForShort Fri 05-Jul-19 19:56:18

The two women cooking tonight. Does anyone know where they are from? They've not mentioned it.

MrsDimmond Fri 05-Jul-19 23:36:46

I think Josh /Austin mentioned where they are from ...

I really hope Andy's sidekick (I feel awful but can't remember her name) stands up to Andy asap! She was soooo bossy and demanding. But clearly knows her food and how to cook it!

ny20005 Sat 06-Jul-19 21:20:32

Josh & Austin are horrid !

I really liked when Pete made the comment about 'grown up' flavour for the two flight attendants Campari cake - I really hope he looked at josh 😂

How rude was he to chew the cake with his mouth open like that & spit it out - behaved like a toddler 😱

ALemonyPea Sat 06-Jul-19 22:42:37

All caught up.

Really dislike the Christian brothers. They're totally shit stirring. Can't wait to see what their food is like.

HoofWankingSpangleCunt Sun 07-Jul-19 00:52:09

I agree with you all re Jim Carrey and Sportacus/Steve from Minecraft. They are playing a very immature game. Totally unnecessary to shit stir like that. I really don't like a lot of their behaviours but did anyone else notice that they scored the Peruvians the highest score of 9? And Sportacus/Steve made me laugh again when he told his brother that the biscuit involved the spine of a guinea pig . I thought that was inspired as isn't Peru the place where guinea pigs are viewed as meat? Anyway, they give good telly, if nothing else..

ellenanora5 Sun 07-Jul-19 13:44:23

All caught up, there is far too much air time given to the brothers, and while I don't like them I think they score very fairly, unlike the Ibby and Romel who I think have the potential to be much nastier than the brothers.

The peruvian food was hit so fair play to them but my god she never stops talking.

The flight attendants are lovely and he was so happy with the comments about his pasta, I don't think I would have liked that cake though, felt so sorry for them when the gas kept going out.

Looking forward to pink haired lady and her husband.

Did anyone notice Josh say to columbian lady that he was looking forward to her next instant restaurant, does that mean they cook again or was he implying she'll be in the elimination.

Wonder will we see Colin this series, I hope so grin

youngestisapsycho Mon 08-Jul-19 10:48:40

I can't believe they didnt check they had a full gas container before they started cooking!

ALemonyPea Mon 08-Jul-19 18:59:03

Yes that was very weird. I do like them, they seem a nice team.

MrsDimmond Mon 08-Jul-19 23:16:25

Oh God that was another painful evening!!
I really like them but I wanted to scream everytime she said "Champagne food on a beer budget" or told us the population of the town is 200.

So, the last 2 teams will really have to do badly to be in danger of cooking off (or whatever is happening)

I have no sense of what Josh and Austin's menu will be like, nor how skilled or otherwise they are. Their conversation at the table is so focused on shit stirring (like today's body enhancement stuff) that it's hard to have formed an idea. I acknowledge that the selective editing will have played a major part in that but I cant wait to see if they can actually cook.

caperplips Tue 09-Jul-19 10:37:37

That was a disaster! I felt a bit sorry for them, they're clearly out of their league.

Looking forward to tonight's episode. I thought they were a couple until Ibby started talking about girls!!

I am curious whether the brothers can cook or not, it really could go either way with them...imagine if they were amazing! I think they will cook American food - pumpkin pie etc

My favourite are the bother and sister so far

youngestisapsycho Tue 09-Jul-19 11:50:37

I am also very intrigued to what the brothers will cook!
I find it odd that they often show clips of the brothers mimicking others accents... seems a bit wrong to me?

youngestisapsycho Tue 09-Jul-19 11:52:14

Also, I'm sure I asked on last years thread... how long do those evenings go on for? They dont even start cooking the main till the starters have been eaten... and dessert is done after the main has been eaten?

MrsDimmond Tue 09-Jul-19 13:10:43

youngestisapsycho we definitely discussed the timings on last year's thread. The whole thing of only starting the next course after the previous one is finished is so odd.
How are the diners not completely pissed??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »