Talk

Advanced search

My Kitchen Rules Australia 2019

(320 Posts)
youngestisapsycho Wed 05-Jun-19 16:19:09

Have I missed this? Has it been on Sky yet... I daren't google anything as it always shows the winners?! I assume it already been on in Australia !?

greatvengeanceandfuriousanger Sat 24-Aug-19 12:09:43

Mania and Many?! Manu obvs

RedForShort Mon 26-Aug-19 22:02:52

Each time I see Romel's botoxed smooth and still face it makes me snort a little about his claim to not have ever 'help'.

caperplips Tue 27-Aug-19 10:28:00

I am still loving this show! Was away with work for a couple of days so had to catch up on a weeks worth of episodes over the past couple of nights.

I think Ibby and Romel are the best cooks there and their plating and decor beats everyone else. I want to live in Romel's house!!

They are calm and organised in the kitchen and work very well as a team with no fluster. I reckon they could win it.

How come Piper doesn't seem to know that Veronica told everyone she was sleeping with Victor? Strange. Her poor family back home..

greatvengeanceandfuriousanger Tue 27-Aug-19 12:01:03

I'm glad we had three tens again. I would have had spring rolls, beef cheeks and tea cake.

Piper and Veronica will be rubbish. With the brothers they aren't up to the same standard as the others.

Apparently Piper and her husband split up before she started MKR.

RedForShort Tue 27-Aug-19 14:23:47

I was wondering why no one seemed to be even a bit 'and what about her husband'.

I loathe Romel now. But he and Ibby are extremely good!!

The beauty queens are going to be totally disastrous. No idea how they have got so far to be honest. Is it a cook off of the bottom two couples are does the bottom one just go?

You know what I thought about while watching yesterday. They don't do that stage where there was loads of them cooking in the studio at the same time. It could be quite funny when they had run out of time and had to plate their food by literally throwing it at the plates!!

MagentaRocks Tue 27-Aug-19 20:03:36

Pleased with how tonight went. There's no way Andi and Ruby will be on the bottom.

greatvengeanceandfuriousanger Tue 27-Aug-19 22:12:35

This has mostly been about instant restaurants and it's been a bit boring as a result.

RedForShort Tue 27-Aug-19 22:30:15

Predictably not great yet totally deluded about their ability!! I'd have liked them to have beaten the brats by 1 point though. The fact they thought it was even possible to get close to an eight fir that sloppy mess was hilarious!!

Josh and Austin blaring on about tactical voting and giving really low scores for last few restaurants grin

greatvengeanceandfuriousanger Tue 27-Aug-19 23:57:54

The brothers are big game players.

I think Veronica has more of an idea that Piper,she is clueless. Piper really believes she is as talented as the top scoring teams and that Veronica is holding her back.

SMaCM Wed 28-Aug-19 09:13:42

Veronica's sauce was the best thing on their menu, but Piper didn't even acknowledge that.

ny20005 Wed 28-Aug-19 11:25:55

Pity the brothers are through but the Beauty queens were awful last night

RedForShort Wed 28-Aug-19 13:20:18

I actually feel bad for Piper. She can't be in a good place mentally.

There's no away she can actually believe she's as good as she announces she is, but she keeps up the pretence for herself. She seems determined to do anything other than admit she's not as successful as she makes out. Not just with cooking, but with victor too - and happy family.

Behind that fixed smile is someone who could break, badly.

RedForShort Wed 28-Aug-19 13:24:44

Should have added, I wont lie i did hoot with laughter when strop king Victor put Josh and Austin down. Sadly can't recall exactly what he said (bar the word brats and fake).

He was spot on. It was a shame no one backed him up. At first I though the bitter botox bitch Romel was talking to Josh about being hypocritical.

youngestisapsycho Wed 28-Aug-19 13:51:56

Piper dancing round the table was embarrassing too...

greatvengeanceandfuriousanger Wed 28-Aug-19 14:25:31

Victor was spot on. It's not honest to say whatever horrible thought is on your mind. It's snide, self-centered and shows a lack of emoitional intelligence. Victor was spot on calling the brothers out. They have been scoring low since their own UIR.

greatvengeanceandfuriousanger Wed 28-Aug-19 20:47:51

What bothers me the most is that they haven't been tested beyond their preferred cuisine. In past competitions they've needed to fillet fish and portion chicken. Their basics skills have not been tested.

RedForShort Wed 28-Aug-19 21:42:06

Agree with you there greatvengeanceandfuriousanger

I remember the past winning gave the advantage of being about to divvy out different types of ingredients to whoever they wanted. So some couple might end up with a heart and cabbage.

ny20005 Wed 28-Aug-19 22:10:13

Absolutely @greatvengeanceandfuriousanger

They are not tested at all if they can pick own ingredients & food all the time

Piper was truly awful tonight ! Sitting doe eyed at victor all night

caperplips Thu 29-Aug-19 10:21:02

Ruby and Andy's menu looked DISGUSTING last night.
I just can't get over the starter of cold mash and raw fish - bleurgh!! I wouldn't even try that and I am not a bit fussy normally. But cold mash just gives me the heebie jeebies!!

They didn't deserve such high scores from the judges - RAW prawns in a prawn chowder - epic fail!!

Piper was ridiculous and I am delighted they are gone. The dynamic between the 2 of them was so weird. Veronica was definitely the sheep there and was enthralled by Piper and Piper was the mean girl from school - the one who always set herself up to the the coolest, trend setter - in her own mind! They're such a childish pair of women. And they couldn't cook for toffee either!

RedForShort Thu 29-Aug-19 18:11:04

Nah, I would get it - it not being just mashed potato. I've eaten potato salad plenty of times including on made from mashed potato.

I hope Andy and Ruby beat Ibby and Romel. My loathing of Romel is parallel with my loathing of Josh. Think they need to do they world a favour, become lovers and run off to somewhere far away (somewhere further than Australian is to here, which leaves space.)

RedForShort Thu 29-Aug-19 20:50:33

Just sat down to watch tonight's.

Want Josh and Austin to go - they like the beauty queens shouldn't have gone this far.

PrincessandthePeach Thu 29-Aug-19 21:23:41

It's weird and I never expected this at the start of the season but I've really grown to like Josh and Austin. They kind of remind me of your younger mischievous brothers blush

greatvengeanceandfuriousanger Fri 30-Aug-19 01:18:00

Josh and Austin keep getting Hail Mary's. If there had been an elimination, then they wouldn't have been up this week despite being the weakest team left. I think Pat and Bianca are the next weakest closely followed by mum and son that peaked in their first round. Victor and G are fighting at the bottom too. Ruby and Andi just can't cook outside of their Peruvian comfort zone.

RedForShort Fri 30-Aug-19 05:42:47

Nothing mischievous about Josh and Austin. Just two emotional immature people who have an over-blown idea of the importance of their opinion. Yet another clip of a professional chef advising the home to improve their food!!

Victor's and the other one who doesn't say much's dessert did not look good.

Mum and son really did peak first go didn't they!!

Seems Andy and Ruby have too. One thing that interests me is they keep saying stuff about Peruvian food (they are from Peru by the way - not mentioned that) being the best in the world etc.

Now I know potatoes come from Peru. I've a vague idea Peruvian chocolate might be considered good. But has all the other famous aspects of Peruvian food passed me by? (Well apart from marmalade, that goes without saying. Though that might just be in deepest, darkest Peru.)

I've a sinking feeling Ibby and Romel have it in the bag. Well they can cook, and pending disaster they are more than able. I just don't like them!!! (Romel has looked rather disheveled last two episodes, with his hair slightly ruffled!!!)

ny20005 Fri 30-Aug-19 22:15:49

Does Rommel not have any other jacket ? He was so smug & has had more Botox before tonight's wee soirée

I can't believe he now annoys me more than josh & Austen !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »