Talk

Advanced search

My Kitchen Rules Australia 2019

(320 Posts)
youngestisapsycho Wed 05-Jun-19 16:19:09

Have I missed this? Has it been on Sky yet... I daren't google anything as it always shows the winners?! I assume it already been on in Australia !?

greatvengeanceandfuriousanger Wed 05-Jun-19 21:13:55

Make series 7 is currently being shown on Sky2. I think we are waiting for series 10.

I know who won but won't say obviously. I unfollowed everyone on insta/fb but Sammy and Bella snuck through and Bella announced it on the day of the final angry.

youngestisapsycho Wed 05-Jun-19 22:47:48

Thanks.

ellenanora5 Thu 06-Jun-19 10:46:12

I've been scouring my planner and channels for a couple of weeks now to see when it's on, hope it's soon, I'm watching old ones at the moment, the one with Amy and Tyson, this one had the awful Josh in it, wonder how that marriage ended up.

RedForShort Fri 07-Jun-19 14:04:23

It's usually September i think!!

Definitely usually is on sky after it's finished in Australia, as we have to avoid googling anything to avoid accidentky discovering who wins!!

RedForShort Fri 07-Jun-19 14:08:38

Ok got that wrong!! Looked up old threads starts in July usually.

ellenanora5 Mon 24-Jun-19 23:31:59

Found it, July 1st 6.30pm Sky Witness

Can't wait, see you on the thread smile

RedForShort Mon 24-Jun-19 23:39:06

Excellent! Thanks for letting us know looking forward to it!!

youngestisapsycho Tue 25-Jun-19 12:27:18

Great! Thanks @ellenanora5

RedForShort Mon 01-Jul-19 19:38:50

First impression: do NOT like Josh of the 'Christian Brothers'. Judgemental and nasty and hugely insecure. Id guess easily threatened and hugely hypocritical.

All others seem ok (for now). Though I feel I've see the woman from the air staff couple.

RedForShort Mon 01-Jul-19 19:55:51

Well ok, now having watched a bit more Josh's brother is also a nob.

The Peruvian Pair are evidently going to be tiresome with their opinions.

RedForShort Mon 01-Jul-19 20:31:20

And now I've finished it I've concluded fashion man is sly - the smiling assassin.

Where are you all!!!!!!?

ALemonyPea Mon 01-Jul-19 21:15:39

I started my own thread earlier as didn't realise there was already one running.

I've not watched tonight's yet, will probably do it tomorrow.

RedForShort Mon 01-Jul-19 21:28:35

I've just got to try pinch all those who gathered on your thread ALemonyPea

<hangs head at own terrible behaviour>

ALemonyPea Mon 01-Jul-19 22:15:00

😂😂😂

youngestisapsycho Mon 01-Jul-19 22:20:02

Just watching now.... do not like those brothers!

youngestisapsycho Mon 01-Jul-19 22:25:54

They’re not very Christian.... !

wombatron Mon 01-Jul-19 22:35:44

I've seen the whole season.... I would say..... just you waitgrin you're gonna love this years!!!

MrsDimmond Tue 02-Jul-19 00:14:03

Blimey the brothers are interesting hmm but at least they scored fairly.

Fashion designer bloke was snide. He and his partner will look ridiculous when it transpires he's in the business not a nurse. What pointless gameplaying.

RedForShort Tue 02-Jul-19 08:51:39

I liked the way he thought he'd got away with it. Yes Fashion Man no one noticed 🤔.

Yes, unChristian Brothers scored fairly. Unlike Fashion Two.

Peruvian Pair are so opinionated they are either going to be amazing or totally rubbish!!!

Anyone want to take bets on how long it takes the unChristian Brothers to flip out because someone upsets them?

MrsDimmond Tue 02-Jul-19 09:20:30

It's shaping up nicely isn't it RedForShort?

youngestisapsycho Tue 02-Jul-19 11:36:39

There is some very select editing going on! grin

ellenanora5 Tue 02-Jul-19 12:17:56

Excellent first instant restaurant grin

I didn't think anything would top last years dinner party blow up with Manu telling them off and chucking them out, that was something else, but I think the two brothers could be very interesting to say the least.

The two Peruvian women will dissect every morsel on their plates so I hope they can walk the walk when it comes to their turn.

I liked pink haired lady and her husband.

I would imagine more than one person picked up on " meet at your res........" silly man, and their score was very unfair.

I won't be able to watch tonight so will be looking forward to catching up during the week smile

RedForShort Tue 02-Jul-19 13:16:07

Have to say last night's menus would have been right up my alley, even with the questionable presentation. (That's with dessert excluded even if it had been dine well; I'm very boring in my dessert select mind you!!)

Oh yes I'm sure there's very selected editing. Isn't there always!!!! But there's not enough editing to create the nasty intention of Austin's (I think) comment - the delight he got from saying then my have been enhanced by editing I suppose.

ALemonyPea Tue 02-Jul-19 16:50:51

Not keen on the home ed born again Christian brothers. They're not painting a good picture for home ed people are they.

RedForShort Tue 02-Jul-19 21:22:16

What I find interesting is how the controversial pair always have the very last instant resturant (this time Josh and Austin).

Wonder how they sort that? I mean it certainly appears that it they were in that order with how they talk about who's next and the score board.

I mean i figure some are chosen for the over-confident or rotten personality. But how do they manage to find ones like this who can cook (though some controversial ones have gone at the instant resturant round but plenty haven't.)

MrsDimmond Tue 02-Jul-19 23:03:15

The brothers are really quite something aren't they? It's actually disconcerting watching them shock

I wasn't sure why there was such a fuss made about the originality of the pudding tonight. Firstly because Andy predicted it spot on, and secondly because it was just brioche, coulis and ice cream ...
But the siblings did well.

HoofWankingSpangleCunt Wed 03-Jul-19 15:40:13

Hello all!
I'm super excited about this new series...
Some of these characters are going to make good telly.
Christian Brothers 1 &,2, although distinctly lacking in social skills, are not as bad as Fashion Men 1 & 2, imo. Those two have far more self awareness and game playing going on.
Maybe it's just me, but as the mother of an 11year old Aspie DS I can see some familiar traits in Christian Brothers 1 &2. I'm wondering what came first, the homeschooling or the "quirkyness". Although I can't condone deliberate offensiveness for offensiveness's sake, I do think the brothers are sometimes just saying what everyone else is thinking.
I wonder how they will fare in the kitchen.

There are going to be some serious personality clashes this season, how splendid grin

ALemonyPea Wed 03-Jul-19 16:25:58

The short haired Christian brother looks a little like Ryan Reynolds.

MagentaRocks Wed 03-Jul-19 17:04:32

Just watched the first two episodes. Don’t like the Christian brothers, they are going to be awful. The Peru pair are going to be like the ones chucked off last year I reckon. The first two couples to cook seem nice. I liked that the first couple knew they would be beaten by the second two and seemed ok with it so that is nice.

I can’t believe the guy thinks he has got away with the restaurant mistake. Everyone will realise.

I love this programme, I can’t wait for the next episode.

RedForShort Wed 03-Jul-19 17:30:13

Don't know about the Christian Brothers being aspie. The short haired one (Austin, possibly) seems to get a lot of enjoyment out of being nasty. It looks like he is genuinely thrilled to think he's upset people.

Though there's a definite social immaturity. Makes me think of shielded, spoilt children, who have only ever been told how marvellous and special they are.

(You know, the sort that's been taught not to apologise if they bump into someone and hurt them - if you've ever had the displeasure of know that sort of parent!!)

HoofWankingSpangleCunt Thu 04-Jul-19 06:55:04

I think you may be right red. There was definitely an enjoyment at other people's discomfort, certainly not an ASD trait. I think their parents might have dropped the ball and not reared them for polite society. Or any society really. Is it wrong though that they made me laugh loads in last night's program? "There's the Colombian and the pretend Colombian"
Ms Peru 1&2 were very indiscreet and seemed to delight in telling the table about the dessert disaster. I hope they get their comeuppance although they'll probably be shit hot.
That meal though.... shock I knew from the beginning of the shop that the pudding would be a cluster fuck as George Clooney appears to have no culinary ability whatsoever. I felt a bit sorry for Ms Colombia but their meal reminded me of the flavourless carb fest dished out by the Hungarian origin mother and daughter in a previous series.
I like The Lesbian and her Gay Best Friend . They seem to be a solid, kind couple and I think they'll be extremely competent in the kitchen, or garden (I get BBQ vibes from these two).
So many days ahead, so much to look forward to.

MrsDimmond Thu 04-Jul-19 12:24:16

Oh God that was a painful meal!

I was expecting the husband to be useless because it was obvious it was his wife who was the driving force . But it was excruciating to hear the judges ....

I didn't like the way the Peruvian women went to town on the criticism. That was nasty and unnecessary.

The brothers continue to delight in deliberate goading. Different in my opinion to simply "saying it as it is".

Have I missed what they actually do? It's weird to reference them as being hone schooled when they are now in their 20s.

HoofWankingSpangleCunt Thu 04-Jul-19 16:20:00

Christian Brother Jim Carrey looks like he lives at home with parents and spends his days playing World of Warcraft.
Seriously though I think they are probably doing something in IT. When they're not being Professional Previously Home Schooled Kids, that is.

RockingMyFiftiesNot Thu 04-Jul-19 20:21:02

Have fast forwarded through the comments - just realised it's back and on 1st episode. Is it sad to be so excited about a new series?!

HoofWankingSpangleCunt Fri 05-Jul-19 08:30:25

Definitely not. I think there is an omnibus on Saturdays. Catch up quickly!

ellenanora5 Fri 05-Jul-19 11:09:49

I haven't been able to watch since Monday so I'm going to catch up during the day today, even though the hoover is looking at me with puppy dog eyes and practically begging me to use him I shall resist and do my duty to MKR

smile

RedForShort Fri 05-Jul-19 19:56:18

The two women cooking tonight. Does anyone know where they are from? They've not mentioned it.

MrsDimmond Fri 05-Jul-19 23:36:46

I think Josh /Austin mentioned where they are from ...

I really hope Andy's sidekick (I feel awful but can't remember her name) stands up to Andy asap! She was soooo bossy and demanding. But clearly knows her food and how to cook it!

ny20005 Sat 06-Jul-19 21:20:32

Josh & Austin are horrid !

I really liked when Pete made the comment about 'grown up' flavour for the two flight attendants Campari cake - I really hope he looked at josh 😂

How rude was he to chew the cake with his mouth open like that & spit it out - behaved like a toddler 😱

ALemonyPea Sat 06-Jul-19 22:42:37

All caught up.

Really dislike the Christian brothers. They're totally shit stirring. Can't wait to see what their food is like.

HoofWankingSpangleCunt Sun 07-Jul-19 00:52:09

I agree with you all re Jim Carrey and Sportacus/Steve from Minecraft. They are playing a very immature game. Totally unnecessary to shit stir like that. I really don't like a lot of their behaviours but did anyone else notice that they scored the Peruvians the highest score of 9? And Sportacus/Steve made me laugh again when he told his brother that the biscuit involved the spine of a guinea pig . I thought that was inspired as isn't Peru the place where guinea pigs are viewed as meat? Anyway, they give good telly, if nothing else..

ellenanora5 Sun 07-Jul-19 13:44:23

All caught up, there is far too much air time given to the brothers, and while I don't like them I think they score very fairly, unlike the Ibby and Romel who I think have the potential to be much nastier than the brothers.

The peruvian food was hit so fair play to them but my god she never stops talking.

The flight attendants are lovely and he was so happy with the comments about his pasta, I don't think I would have liked that cake though, felt so sorry for them when the gas kept going out.

Looking forward to pink haired lady and her husband.

Did anyone notice Josh say to columbian lady that he was looking forward to her next instant restaurant, does that mean they cook again or was he implying she'll be in the elimination.

Wonder will we see Colin this series, I hope so grin

youngestisapsycho Mon 08-Jul-19 10:48:40

I can't believe they didnt check they had a full gas container before they started cooking!

ALemonyPea Mon 08-Jul-19 18:59:03

Yes that was very weird. I do like them, they seem a nice team.

MrsDimmond Mon 08-Jul-19 23:16:25

Oh God that was another painful evening!!
I really like them but I wanted to scream everytime she said "Champagne food on a beer budget" or told us the population of the town is 200.

So, the last 2 teams will really have to do badly to be in danger of cooking off (or whatever is happening)

I have no sense of what Josh and Austin's menu will be like, nor how skilled or otherwise they are. Their conversation at the table is so focused on shit stirring (like today's body enhancement stuff) that it's hard to have formed an idea. I acknowledge that the selective editing will have played a major part in that but I cant wait to see if they can actually cook.

caperplips Tue 09-Jul-19 10:37:37

That was a disaster! I felt a bit sorry for them, they're clearly out of their league.

Looking forward to tonight's episode. I thought they were a couple until Ibby started talking about girls!!

I am curious whether the brothers can cook or not, it really could go either way with them...imagine if they were amazing! I think they will cook American food - pumpkin pie etc

My favourite are the bother and sister so far

youngestisapsycho Tue 09-Jul-19 11:50:37

I am also very intrigued to what the brothers will cook!
I find it odd that they often show clips of the brothers mimicking others accents... seems a bit wrong to me?

youngestisapsycho Tue 09-Jul-19 11:52:14

Also, I'm sure I asked on last years thread... how long do those evenings go on for? They dont even start cooking the main till the starters have been eaten... and dessert is done after the main has been eaten?

MrsDimmond Tue 09-Jul-19 13:10:43

youngestisapsycho we definitely discussed the timings on last year's thread. The whole thing of only starting the next course after the previous one is finished is so odd.
How are the diners not completely pissed??

HoofWankingSpangleCunt Wed 10-Jul-19 10:08:16

What? No comments on last night's episode? Where is everyone? grin
I wish they would tell you whose house is being used for the dinner party. I couldn't work out of it was Romel's or a friend of theirs.
The wallpaper was very Romel but the kitchen confused me. I liked the old Kenwood mixer but to me that seemed like an older person's gadget. Perhaps it was an inherited item or Romel is actually 60+ and his cosmetic work is excellent.
I don't know and it's bothering me more than it should do.
Plus , that dessert...I thought that they were lucky with getting tens for that. The Peruvians put a lot more work into their pudding. I was just a bit meh at a camel pannacotta with some sliced up fruit with the fragrance of soap.
Anyway, tonight is the big one. I cannot get a handle on the brothers in terms of their abilities and whatnot. And will it be Americana decor? Roll on 6.30.
<Off now to get a life>

caperplips Wed 10-Jul-19 10:41:52

I'm glad Ibby and Romel did well - they can definitely cook.
I don't like Andy, she is so full of herself and her face really annoys me, her mouth is too small or something.

I really like the airline couple and they are always gracious.

I can't wait for tonight. I suspect they will be good. And it will be American fare. But they will have some very harsh critics around that table!! Brilliant TV

youngestisapsycho Wed 10-Jul-19 11:15:47

I watched late last night... though Ibby and Romel did well.. and in their kitchen they seemed quite calm and not hectic and panicky!
I cannot wait for tonight!! I reckon they're gonna surprise us and do something totally amazing!!
Do they have to do cooking auditions to get on the show??

BananaRama99 Wed 10-Jul-19 11:25:18

Is no idea this was back on, now I've 7 episodes to watch when I get home from work smile

ellenanora5 Wed 10-Jul-19 11:37:13

I felt so bad for Mick and Jodie Ann, as soon as she said she had to make sure the chicken liver isn't overcooked and then spent god knows how long looking at the pelican I knew things were going to go wrong, and I still don't know why they thought the raspberry jelly was a good idea, the only item that looked anyway appealing was the steak.

Ibby and Romel did very well, I thought they would beat the girls from Peru, Andy is very smug looking isn't she.

Josh and Austin are like a dog with a bone sometimes, once they pick up on something they can't let it go, but they do appreciate good food and they score very fairly, but like others I have no idea what to expect from them tonight.

I often find that the great cooks like Andy and her friend and Ibby and Rommel are often rubbish in the other challenges especially when they have to cater for kids groups.

youngestisaphyscho, I think they must have too, I always want to googling to find out the format but don't want to see who wins.

I think a lot of the cooking we see has been done in the prep time and just edited to look like it's been cooked course after course but I'm probably wrong.

MagentaRocks Wed 10-Jul-19 18:39:00

Yay - it’s time for Josh and Austin’s night. Really looking forward to this one.

youngestisapsycho Wed 10-Jul-19 19:20:03

I’m watching now.... I think it’s all gonna go wrong!

MagentaRocks Wed 10-Jul-19 19:32:45

It must be really late in the evening by now, over two and a half hours since the starter!

Winterfellismyhome Wed 10-Jul-19 19:43:06

Just catching up. I cant believe Amanda and Blake only scored Andy and Ruby a 6. Thats really harsh considering they ate all of if

MrsDimmond Wed 10-Jul-19 20:18:41

The producers must have been jumping for joy with that finale to the first round of instant restaurants!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I felt sorry for the brothers (a bit). They just had no idea of how cooking for 14 and being judged etc. would affect them. The white boards were a brilliant idea but not realistic!!

But even the plan had the starter being served at 6.30 and the main at 10.15!! Desert was due at 11 shock. So god alone knows what time they actually ate.

youngestisapsycho Wed 10-Jul-19 21:31:19

Wonder if same as last year.... will they cook off and serve to the second group that are still to do instant restaurants ?

MrsDimmond Wed 10-Jul-19 23:26:14

I would not mind that just as long as it doesn't carry on beyond the elimination cook off. I mean with the 2 groups competing and scoring against eachother in the next stage of the competition like last year.

youngestisapsycho Thu 11-Jul-19 06:31:35

Yes, hopefully the format will change this year...

caperplips Thu 11-Jul-19 09:50:22

well..that played out almost as we might have expected! It doesn't make any sense why they went into the first round of instant restaurants so aggressively given their complete lack of skills in the kitchen.

I had been hoping they were brilliant cooks and could carry it off, a bit like 'angry angry man' from last year...

They must have been 8+ hours in that awful bunker restaurant shock

I think they're gone in the next round. Surely the other couple can beat that?

RedForShort Thu 11-Jul-19 10:42:10

Been away staying with family and they have no tv!!! Any way as I'm MKR dedicated i watched two last night despite just driving a squillion miles. Watch the Josh and Austin on this morning.

Disappointed for Jodie ann and hubby (always rubbish with names at this stage) they seem like tried but had never had any challenge before. The raspberry with pate was odd. Fruit can work with a pate but not a raspberry puree!!

Ibby and Rommel were amazing. They worked well as a team, neither had to be in charge but were happy to do what the other asked. Their personalities worked to their benefit; they were very (extremely) organised and very particular. House was whose I don't know. I thought Rommel's more - everything was so from an elaborate trend of some sort and very clean and well maintained. (I too had thought they were a couple!)

Josh and Austin's night couldn't have go better for me. I was really hoping they'd be a disaster. Manu's utter disgusted at their attitude was a bonus.

<rant start>
I live near a religious community (vast majority home schooled). Their personality isn't atypical. Their belief at their own brilliance is due to years of being praised for achieving quite ordinary things. Nor is the snake in the grass behaviour- displayed niceness whilst being utterly judgemental and nasty (dressed up as honesty). Tend to find the ultra friendliness (big cheery hello whilst walking into the shop) is reserved for anyone they see as less important as themselves. The 'honesty' comes out when their authority is threatened.

<rant over>

Can't recall angry angry man from last year!! Remind me - I do remember the tag but not who they were.

We definitely talked out the timings last year. I think we felt it might be editing at times. That some of the prep was done in the three hours but cut to look like it was in the time the guests were there. But Austin and Josh did seem to do it all in the time the guests were there.

Another thing I sat every year is I don't know how the food is hot. Often they seem to take ages to plate up some elements. Then to take them out. Then the guests have to wait till the judges eat before they eat theirs!!!

RedForShort Thu 11-Jul-19 10:44:49

Wait was angry angry man on with his sister? Seemed incredibly rude? (Though didn't get the enjoyment out of his comments like Josh does.)

youngestisapsycho Thu 11-Jul-19 11:36:43

Oh who was angry man... I'm not remembering?

BananaRama99 Thu 11-Jul-19 12:11:30

I'm only on episode 5 so far but the Christian Brothers are giving me serious second hand embarrassment. I can only imagine how uncomfortable it must be at the table sometimes.

RedForShort Thu 11-Jul-19 12:48:28

Was Angry Angry Man definitely last year? Glancing through the thread I see Lip Sisters, The Russians and Persian Princesses as first emails. (If I recall he was only angry angry man at the start)

caperplips Thu 11-Jul-19 13:07:15

Yes angry man was with his sister. I thought they were last year but may have been year before...? He got better as the series went on but he was hard work at the start

Wonder if Josh and Austin's attitude will change now that they've had such a disaster?

RedForShort Thu 11-Jul-19 13:32:01

Found him in our threads!! It was two years ago and his name was Tyson. Sister was Amy:

youtu.be/HrXCFYqUp2w

Suprised it was two years ago!! Made me recall last year I refused to watch the final because I didn't like who was going to win. They were awful, but Pete seemed to be pushing them for the win from early on.

youngestisapsycho Thu 11-Jul-19 13:56:07

Ah I remember them.. I think that was the first full season i watched

zonkin Thu 11-Jul-19 13:56:17

I've found my people! Love MKR. Had a binge watch over this week.

Don't like Andy. Love the airline couple. Not keen on Romel.

Thought that Josh and Austin's night would have gone better than it did, especially given their attitude at other people's nights. Completely clueless. Think maybe @RedForShort might have nailed the reason. Their redeeming feature is that they have scored others fairly, which some of the other contestants haven't.

BananaRama99 Thu 11-Jul-19 16:28:17

Just a thought, are they not allowed to practice their meals for the instant restaurants beforehand?
With the amount of things that tend to go wrong during the instants it would indicate that they do not practice?

MrsDimmond Thu 11-Jul-19 16:45:11

I don't see how they can prevent them from practising?
I also think that after Manu told Ibby and Rommel they were using too high a temperature in the water bath, Ibby said they'd practised the fish at that temp ..?

RedForShort Thu 11-Jul-19 17:00:06

I was fascinated to hear that Ibby and Rommel thought rice would cook in 7 minutes. Plus the fact they didn't listen to Manu might be foreshadowing an arrogance that will be their downfall.

zonkin Thu 11-Jul-19 17:18:10

They must practice. At least you would hope that they do! I remember Monica from Masterchef Professionals saying that her heart sinks when a contestant announces that it's the first time that they've tried to cook a particular dish as it rarely goes well.

Agree Ibby and Rommel should have listened to Manu.

MagentaRocks Thu 11-Jul-19 20:32:22

Well, I’m a bit disappointed with the elimination result but I guess it means a bit more entertainment to come. Don’t like the woman who is with her brothers friend. She is going to be annoying.

MrsDimmond Thu 11-Jul-19 20:48:34

Based on what they served it seemed the right result but I was surprised!

It was good to meet new teams and yes, Magenta that woman is rude and annoying.

RedForShort Thu 11-Jul-19 22:08:47

Feel very dusappointed. Don't want to have to see Josh's sly face anymore. Add to his antics Ms Meh and it's going to be headwreaking. Wonder if Manu was cursing the uncooked beans and inability to serve everyone a main dish!!

Neither main looked good. The goat's cheese starter was messy. Both deserts looked okay (despite Ian, the giant klutz, attempt to mess it up!!)

youngestisapsycho Fri 12-Jul-19 20:53:31

Woah... the second group are quite something..... and we had an MKR first tonight!

MagentaRocks Fri 12-Jul-19 20:59:26

Amazing score. Safe to say they wont be in the elimination round!

RedForShort Fri 12-Jul-19 21:16:38

Those lamb shanks could be my last meal. I was pretty much drooling.

My favourite type of couple on MKR are parent/child and I also like the two of them. I feel they may be my favourite.

I'm off to Australian to get them to make me lamb shanks.

RedForShort Fri 12-Jul-19 21:20:05

Of the second group I think the Odd Couple are the obviously nasties. I feel they might be able to cook, but it's possibly they might fall apart just to conflicting over who's right when under pressure.

Woman in yellow will be a brilliant match for Josh and Austin, and bitchy fashion man.

MrsDimmond Sat 13-Jul-19 08:23:59

I wasn't expecting that score! It was a great evening and each course looked really good, but straight 10s was a surprise. From the look of it on the plate, I think I would have agreed with the odd couple woman, that there was more raspberry stuff than cheescake stuff, but even she said it tasted great.

I'm afraid I find the tears and constant hugging intensely irritating, but they can cook!

The manufactured pair are clearly picked because they are opposites, but the quiet one, seems able to hold her own opinion without being rude (others should take note!) I'm looking forward to seeing how that develops.

RedForShort Sat 13-Jul-19 09:05:36

I wont lie the constant tears are already annoying!! Dont mind the hugging so much, but if it doesnt ease off, t could very well get to the point were it looks put on.

Yes the quite one in the Perfect Strangers I suspect she can hold her own but is diplomatic. The bit where discussing scores and the loud one started off taking about them, the quite one quickly and politely manage to steer it to talking about the food rather than get stuck talking about them for too long.

greatvengeanceandfuriousanger Sat 13-Jul-19 23:20:50

I wish lamb shanks weren't so expensive. The only thing is add would be lightly steamed broccoli.
Amazing score.

ALemonyPea Sun 14-Jul-19 20:13:37

Josh and Austin's restaurant was a huge disaster. I'm glad Manu shot them down.

The strangers team is going to be crap, a huge personality with a drippy Disney mum.

Miss Meh is going to be annoying.

ellenanora5 Mon 15-Jul-19 11:36:07

Well it was all a bit "meh" that's MEH for Manu and Pete, god she's a rude cow isn't she.

If Josh and Austin had have been up against any of the others I think they would have gone home, they are very aware they are irritating as fuck so they must be doing it on purpose.

They mother and son team did extremely well, the strangers are going to clash but it's a good way to shake things up.

I'm going to be behind for a bit, have to have surgery but I'll catch up during recovery, enjoy everyone grin

HoofWankingSpangleCunt Mon 15-Jul-19 16:21:58

Hope your surgery goes well ellenanora, at least you will have lots to distract you during your convalescence.

youngestisapsycho Mon 15-Jul-19 16:25:17

Hope all goes well ellenanora.

MrsDimmond Mon 15-Jul-19 18:00:07

flowers ellenanora5

youngestisapsycho Mon 15-Jul-19 21:30:06

The guys tried well tonight.... Ms Meh is cooking tomorrow!

RedForShort Tue 16-Jul-19 00:40:31

Wishing you well and a speedy recovery ellenanora5.

Some 'interesting' combinations tonight. Little bit too much of an attempt to put an edge on everything°!! Also how messy where they!!!! The kitchen was a right state.

MrsDimmond Tue 16-Jul-19 14:51:09

Mmmm - I agree Red, sounds like they should have followed the "less is more" maxim .. But, not a failure by any stretch, so I think they may do well if they can act on advice.

Looking forward to tonight, although when I saw the board said "Pat and Bianca , Vic" I thought we were heading to Albert Square grin

RedForShort Tue 16-Jul-19 20:52:27

I'm kind of starting to like Bianca. I think she's slightly off kilter socially which created that abrasive personality. But she can take criticism well.

Beauty Queens are proving to be sly and nasty and un-needingly critical. Especially the taller one (Piper I think). Gave a glimps of their true colours during the trans debacle.

RedForShort Tue 16-Jul-19 20:59:35

Ha!! Pat and Bianca: evidently very slow as i read it earlier, watched it but t's only just clicked!!

MrsDimmond Wed 17-Jul-19 00:22:32

Well that was awkward!!! Poor Carolina and poor Lyn. But Josh said equally hurtful things, and he did it deliberately. Imagine if he'd been there!

I agree that the beauty queens came across as very 2 faced. Im not warming to them.

Pat and Bianca's meal was not as good as I expected. I thought Pat was going to be as competent as Bianca, but he let the side down somewhat. I think they'll struggle in the challenges.

youngestisapsycho Wed 17-Jul-19 12:26:31

Poor Lyn... I actually thought the same thing when Carolina first walked in! I wouldnt have said out loud tho. shock

greatvengeanceandfuriousanger Wed 17-Jul-19 18:51:33

Like a lot of people that see themselves as strong and opinionated because they don't have a filter Karolina has been pretty blunt and not worried about th offense she has caused. That being said it's but the kind of thing you say. Karolina also talks about people being in a fetal position. I predict a massive tears and tantrums from her. I think Millie is quiet but was assertive in putting Karolina right, short sharp direct is ok but shouting is not.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »