Talk

Advanced search

The Chase - Giving me the Rage

(104 Posts)
Rafflesway Fri 31-May-19 17:41:27

I know I am probably being very unreasonable to many but am I the only person who absolutely HATES contestants who take a minus figure to get through?

They always come up with the pathetic reason, "It's more important for me to get back for the team." "We'll actually love, if you aren't flaming well good enough to get through by contributing then we don't need you" would be my response.

Personally, I think if they take a minus figure and the team wins the final chase then the minus figure should be deducted from the wussy contestant's winnings. I wonder how many of the wusses selfish bastards would take the minus figure if that was the case?

Rant over and yes I am probably a bit of a saddo for watching in the first place. grin

Whisky2014 Fri 31-May-19 17:42:10

Yep I agree.

Abouttoblow Fri 31-May-19 17:42:38

Totally agree!

Rafflesway Fri 31-May-19 17:44:11

Well glad it's not just me whisky. 👍

Kernobhead Fri 31-May-19 17:47:33

The extra step the team get in the final chase for getting the extra person back can make the difference though.

I think if there are 3 already back, and the minus number is a max (min?) of 2k, then that’s ‘only’ £500 less each, and a much greater chance of winning, with the extra step.

But, if they were completely useless and the minus figure is a big (small?) figure like 5k, then you’re right.

ZigZaggyZoo Fri 31-May-19 17:49:36

Nope. If they answer questions in the final, fair enough. I'd rather have 1/4 of something than win nothing.

planesinthesky Fri 31-May-19 21:48:29

It depends. Sometimes the minus offer is good gameplay. Like if you have £20k in the pot and the last player gets to choose between -£2K for the lower or £2K for the middle, then it would be a poor decision to go for the middle offer. You should either go high or low in that kind of scenario. And the minus offer person is often what tips the balance and secures a team win.

But then I saw an episode recently where two guys had got through with £9K combined, and then the last girl chose (and won) -£6K shock. I thought that was really bad, but the two guys didn’t seem bothered.

Rafflesway Sat 01-Jun-19 00:36:28

No sorry. I still think it is a really shitty thing to do.

If they aren't bright enough like the dimwit today then don't go on the flaming programme!

I could never live down the shame of taking a minus offer.

EugenesAxe Sat 01-Jun-19 00:42:27

Also hate this - saw recently with a girl who took the low option obviously because she wanted to cash in on her colleague’s not insignificant brains. They didn’t win... if I saw anyone taking negative I’d be even more incensed!

planesinthesky Sat 01-Jun-19 02:03:39

Yeah but it’s not a shitty move if your teammates are actively encouraging you to take the minus offer, is it?

If you have a lot of money in the prize fund and there’s little difference between the minus and the middle offer then it would be bad gameplay to go for the middle (as the Chasers frequently point out).

BitOfFun Sat 01-Jun-19 02:47:10

Don't watch this contestant then, Rafflesway, it will really give you the rage grin

Birdie6 Sat 01-Jun-19 03:02:44

BitOfFun that gave me the best laugh of the day !

LawnsLT Sat 01-Jun-19 03:07:46

I thought you was going to say the questions on the celebrity version is so much easier grin
I’m hoping for the day everyone takes a minus - imagine winning a quiz and owing it money!

RiversDisguise Sat 01-Jun-19 03:16:10

YANBU

BitOfFun Sat 01-Jun-19 04:05:29

LawnsLT grin

RebootYourEngine Sat 01-Jun-19 04:13:59

I agree.

Flavabobble Sun 02-Jun-19 04:35:04

I only watch it now and again, so I’ve only seen someone take a minus figure once (£4000). I was incensed!!
Not sure I’d have able to handle it if they’d won the final round.

SlipperOrchid Mon 03-Jun-19 12:41:03

I often think that having only one or two co contestants in the final (preferably one strong player) is better gameplay. When there are three or four, they waste too much time waiting to see if someone else knows the answer before someone finally buzzes just to say pass so they can ice on. I think the chaser always has the advantage simply by going solo!

anitagreen Mon 03-Jun-19 15:09:26

Has anybody seen that famous episode of the guy who was outraged that his team mate accepted the minus offer and won, and turned his back in the next set of questions and wouldn't help his team mates answer any questions? Loved that episode what a knob grin

Gth1234 Tue 11-Jun-19 12:02:05

Yep. Go big or go home. It's never memorable when they win £3000 each.

And if you're lucky get Shawn - because at times he's a total dope. Easily the worst chaser.

Gth1234 Tue 11-Jun-19 12:02:56

@anitagreen

wasn't that a very early episode?

anitagreen Tue 11-Jun-19 12:18:09

@Gth1234 i think it may of been I remember seeing it about 3 years ago now it might be on YouTube?

HollowTalk Tue 11-Jun-19 12:31:50

@anitagreen, I'd love to see that! Can you find it on YouTube?

HollowTalk Tue 11-Jun-19 12:32:18

Ooh just seen the helpful links when you press @!

HollowTalk Tue 11-Jun-19 12:32:51

Yes, Shawn's the guy you want up there - he's worse than I am!

anitagreen Tue 11-Jun-19 13:00:00

@HollowTalk I'll have a look now I hope it is on there it's hilarious poor guy

TheBabyAteMyBrain Tue 11-Jun-19 13:05:36

There was one episode where a bloke took the minus offer and his team mates were mega pissed, but then he answered pretty much every question in the Final Chase and they won because of him.

But yeah, taking the minus offer would really annoy the crap outta me if I had already won my part of the pot.

anitagreen Tue 11-Jun-19 13:06:18

I can't find it but just found some articles about a girl who got no questions right at all on the cash builder managed to take a minus offer and get through to the final and take home 21k shock

Vilanelle Tue 11-Jun-19 13:15:06

Most annoying part of this show is how long it takes Bradley to say Cooorrrrrrreeeeect during the quick fire round. RAGE.

Stop taking so long and I could answer more fucking questions!

SegregateMumBev Tue 11-Jun-19 13:15:37

See, I totally disagree. It is CRUCIAL to have as many people in the final round as possible, that extra step makes all the difference. If the differential between the middle offer and the low offer is around £2k, that's a drop of only £500 per person if 4 in the final, with a much improved chance of winning. I get crosser with the bravado types going for the higher offer. But hey, they're making a TV programme, incensing viewers is what they want smile

HollowTalk Tue 11-Jun-19 13:32:57

But I'd be pissed off if I took the risk, took the higher offer, got back to the final chase but someone else on the panel took a minus offer and then didn't get any correct answers in the final chase. I've always thought it's a good job they are strangers because families would split up if it all went wrong!

ellenanora5 Tue 11-Jun-19 14:09:48

I think I remember that one anita, the first contestant was disgusted that the last one took a minus, he folded his arms and looked away, Bradley even remarked how he looked like he was fuming.

When they lost the last contestant said "well some of us aren't team players".

Can you imagine the atmosphere back stage!

I was watching an old one yesterday and only one lady got to the final, what annoyed me was she got twenty steps which was brilliant, but when Bradley was asking the Beast his questions he asked them much quicker, which is something my son has always pointed out but I never really noticed until yesterday.

Vilanelle, that is exactly what he says, it's the way Bradley says correct.

anitagreen Tue 11-Jun-19 15:12:42

@ellenanora5 That's the one!!! He had a ponytail also if I remember and he turned his back and refused to help I feel bad now for laughing but at the time I thought it was hilarious his poor team lol

Shelvesoutofbooks Tue 11-Jun-19 15:22:15

I am wondering - what if all the contestants received minus offers as the low offers and they all accepted it? Would they have to pay money back to itv? grin

nothingtowearever Tue 11-Jun-19 16:11:10

It's a lot different when you're up there and they might of been told to take the minus. I took the low offer (£1000). It's edited ALOT

SegregateMumBev Tue 11-Jun-19 16:18:42

I don't think the chasers offer minus amounts for the first contestant - I'm guessing there's a rule that they can't make an offer which would wipe out the communal pot of money.

RedForShort Tue 11-Jun-19 16:20:15

I'm with you Rafflesway. Low offer is OK if it's not too low. A minus is criminal and should be accompanied by a public flogging.

RedForShort Tue 11-Jun-19 16:30:47

Minus tends to be the last contestants.

The high and low tend to connected somehow, either to each other, the pot or cash build.

So if they have cash built £2,000 the pot is €9,000 they offer £31,000 as the high and minus £4,000 as low.

Or cash build is £7,000, pot €12,000 they offer £77,000 high and £700 low.

xsquared Tue 11-Jun-19 16:37:28

Ooh inside information nothingtowearever. Who did you get as the chaser?

Going for the lower offer if it's still
positive is ok but I can't stand people who go for the minus and undo their team mates' hard work, after telling them to go high.

nothingtowearever Tue 11-Jun-19 17:02:33

I had Jenny and she was absolutely lovely!

HollowTalk Tue 11-Jun-19 17:33:10

Did your team beat Jenny?

HollowTalk Tue 11-Jun-19 17:33:38

Is it true that there isn't an audience? I'm sure someone said that on here the other day.

SegregateMumBev Tue 11-Jun-19 18:22:23

Analysis of tonight's show:

Player 1, offered 1,4,16, went for mid offer, through on final question.
Player 2, offered 300, 3, 33, took mid offer, caught on 1 remaining (ie would have been through with the low offer)
Player 3, offered 1,4,46, took mid offer, lost by 3, even with Shaun making stupid mistakes. Might have got through on the low offer, but not certain.
Player 4, offered 1,4,66 took 66, and got through easily!

So they are 2 steps ahead for £70k. Get 15. 5 pushbacks, 4 executed. Shaun catches them at the last second.

Post match summary: Player 2 should have taken the low offer. An extra step, plus extra knowledge in the final would have seen them win.

DaveCoachesgavemetheclap Tue 11-Jun-19 20:03:31

I don't know why I watch The Chase because most of it gives me the rage. Every sodding show Bradley says "We're gonna need some pushbacks! "
And why they have called Jenny The Vixen is beyond me. confused

HollowTalk Tue 11-Jun-19 20:38:37

I thought he meant Jenny was foxy, DaveCoaches!

RedForShort Tue 11-Jun-19 20:54:05

When and on what channel is the latest most current ones?

I'm never too sure what I'm watching!!!

DaveCoachesgavemetheclap Tue 11-Jun-19 21:10:04

Yes, I get the reference but she doesn't look very foxy to me.

SegregateMumBev Tue 11-Jun-19 21:53:16

The latest ones are at 5 o'clock each day on itv. If you miss it you can get it on plus 1. And there's any amount of older shows aired on the quiz channel and others.

iklboo Tue 11-Jun-19 22:02:42

Yes it's true there's no audience. They use canned laughter etc. There's just the contestants, Brad, The Chaser and the floor crew.

AllTheCakes Tue 11-Jun-19 22:14:01

I get annoyed when Bradley says “you’re a better player than that” to almost every contestant who has a poor cash builder.

The chaser is always at a huge advantage in the final chase as they don’t have to press the buzzer to answer. A lot of the time contestants are caught as they have taken too long waiting for each other to buzz in with an answer.

DaveCoachesgavemetheclap Tue 11-Jun-19 22:21:25

I also hate it when Bradley says "Good answer!". I always scream "It's not a good answer, it's the correct answer!" much to the annoyance of my eye-rolling DH.

BitOfFun Tue 11-Jun-19 22:21:44

I couldn't do it now (menobrain and drugs fugue), but I used to think I'd be better off on my own. You don't have to press the button, and you don't waste time wondering if somebody else knows the answer before you pass.

Bradley definitely speeds up the faster the answers come, which generally works in the Chaser's favour.

xsquared Tue 11-Jun-19 22:22:25

What annoys me more than contestants who take minus offers is a rude contestant. There was an arsey one who was up against the beast on his own and took every opportunity to take a swipe at him.

Singlenotsingle Tue 11-Jun-19 22:24:12

It's selfish, but it doesn't happen often. That contestant is just a passenger after that.

Refilona Tue 11-Jun-19 22:33:44

Or when Bradley says “it’s gotta be!” when a contestant answers - it most definitely won’t be right grin

TheoriginalLEM Wed 12-Jun-19 05:09:28

I like it when Bradley gets a fit of the giggles

SegregateMumBev Wed 12-Jun-19 19:01:00

Wednesday post match analysis:

Playe 1: 1,5,25 went 5. Easily through.
Player 2: 1,5,35 went 5. Through on last question
Player 3: 1,4,40, went 4 out 3 from home with some poor answers.
Player 4: -1, 3, 50, went for the minus with blessing of her team and Paul.

3 steps head start, get to 19.
5 push backs, 4 executed.
Cash won with 2 steps form home.

They MIGHT have won £10 between 2, or 12k between 3, but it's not certain. I think they'd made the right choices as a team.

Clevs Wed 12-Jun-19 21:03:45

@nothingtowearever Were you the person that posted a few months ago that you were going on the Chase but couldn't tell us anything about it? Was only thinking of that thread earlier and wondered if it had been on yet. I was going to look for it to see if it had been updated

BitOfFun Wed 12-Jun-19 21:14:04

I'm enjoying the post-match analysis, thank you!

anitagreen Wed 12-Jun-19 21:16:25

Bradley seems like a really nice man off screen also does anyone else believe that? He makes me smile I love his stripe shirts too.

iklboo Wed 12-Jun-19 21:31:17

I can vouch for Bradley'l loveliness

anitagreen Wed 12-Jun-19 21:51:40

@iklboo My nan would be so proud she loves him grin

nothingtowearever Thu 13-Jun-19 06:59:11

@Clevs no not me I went on last year

nothingtowearever Thu 13-Jun-19 07:00:56

@AllTheCakes that's why the players get extra steps though to account for that.

nothingtowearever Thu 13-Jun-19 07:04:05

@HollowTalk there's no audience that's only for the celeb special. The crew are basically your audience and they're amazing. In between everyone's cash builder they run up with water and you have a quick chat. Then if you get booted off they give you a big hug and you watch from a screen with lots of chocolate. Everything's filmed once it's really rare that they do another take, that's why everyone's answer on the panel is always the same! It's filmed so so quickly!

nothingtowearever Thu 13-Jun-19 07:04:31

@HollowTalk also no we didn't beat her

Deathraystare Thu 13-Jun-19 08:49:26

I love it when the 'Sinna man' gets flustered!

I get annoyed when contestants waste too much time instead of saying 'pass'.

SegregateMumBev Thu 13-Jun-19 14:00:25

Watched an older one on catch-up during my lunch hour.

Chaser: Paul

Player 1: £1,6,25 went for 6, home with 2 to spare
Player 2: £3, 3k, 23k. Decided to be "brave" and go for the high offer. Got 2 out of 3 questions wrong, and Paul even made some comment on there being no reward for being "brave".
Player 3; 2,7,40, went mid offer, home with 1 spare
Player 4: 2,7,62. wisely not tempted and stuck with 7, home with 1 spare.

3 steps, got to 18 (some weak answering, passes)
4 pushbacks, 3 executed.

Chaser caught them with 9 seconds remaining.

Verdict: Mr Brave should have thought more about tactics and team playing. If he'd been in the final and had answered even one question they'd have had a good chance of going home with £5k each.

SegregateMumBev Fri 14-Jun-19 07:01:50

Thursday show:

Player 1: 2,9,30 Went mid-offer and got hrough with 1 spare
Player 2: 1,5,25. Went mid-offer, but got 3 questions wrong, so out.
Player 3: 400, 4k, 40k. Went mid offer, got a couple wrong but through with the chaser right behind.
Player 4: -4, 5, 47. Lots of derision expressed at the minus offer, went for mid offer and was well caught with 3 wrong.

So 2 playing for £13k. Got 19 steps. A good score!

4 pushbacks, only one executed, chaser caught them with 4 seconds remaining.

So, all 4 players went for the mid offer and 2 of them were knocked out. If one or both of them had gone low, might it have been different? An extra step, and possibly another pushback answered?

TheoriginalLEM Fri 14-Jun-19 07:29:03

Loving these analyses - i only watch the old ones in the evenings but me and dp call the minus offer accepters all sorts of things. grin there seems to be a lot less money on offer in the newer shows.

Also, does anyone else think that they ask harder questions if they go for the big money?

BenWillbondsPants Fri 14-Jun-19 07:48:33

I hate quiz shows but I bloody LOVE The Chase. It's probably one of the only things that DH and and I watch together.

I get really mad when they take a minus offer. Irrationality so actually.

SegregateMumBev Fri 14-Jun-19 11:20:08

smile

It's easy to be wise after the event, of course, and under the studio lights sometimes logic evaporates.

My quiz-show credentials are that I voted Shaun off the Weakest Link (back before he'd won Mastermind and the rest....)

xsquared Fri 14-Jun-19 14:36:01

Was it a tactical vote and he was too good segregate?

SegregateMumBev Fri 14-Jun-19 15:03:20

Nah, he got 2 questions wrong that round smile

SkydivingKittyCat Fri 14-Jun-19 15:15:31

Anyone else see the episode with Judith? Older lady (retired), went big (£70k), only player in the final, got 20+ questions right, did a stupid amount of push backs and pulled out some cracking answers.

Judith is a legend in our house!

I've also seen today that Paul Sinha has Parkinson's which is sad.

iklboo Fri 14-Jun-19 16:26:59

She was AMAZING! I hope she had a whale of a time with the money.

Sad news about Paul today.

Sagradafamiliar Fri 14-Jun-19 18:26:42

Couldn't the Beast have stumbled on an answer so they could've won all the money for charity today?! Instead he beat them by just a few seconds. I'm too soft, I'd let people win...but for charity as a one-off it would've been acceptable surely.

Dollywilde Fri 14-Jun-19 18:34:02

Oh, sad news about Paul. He gave a talk at my work and seemed lovely.

My best mate has been on the Chase and Tipping Point and won on both wink shes also been on the remade WWTBA Millionaire but didn’t get past fastest finger. She’s super lovely but Twitter accused her of flirting with Brad and with Ben Shepherd too, she got a fair bit of flack (not that she cares, she’s bought a flat with the proceeds of the two shows as a deposit!)

Gth1234 Fri 14-Jun-19 22:38:50

To me, the best way is to have a good player going big and going solo, so they keep the whole prize. The solo player also doesn't haver to buzz in, and gets more questions to answer.

Harder questions are better than easier questions, because the chaser will get more hard questions wrong, giving you more chances to push the chaser back.

And personally, I would go big. Go big or go home.

SegregateMumBev Sat 15-Jun-19 21:03:51

Saturday: chaser Jenny

Player 1: 1,5,20. Went middle, caught 3 from home
Player 2: 1,5,30. Went middle, caught 3from home
Player 3: 1,5,40 squeaked home with 5.
Player 4: -1, 4,45. Went middle, caught 1 from home.

So 1 player for £5k. Got15 steps.
3 push backs, 1 executed
Chaser won with 26 secs spare.

No obvious post match analysis, it's tough fir a single player unless they have a really wide knowledge. But even going lower it's not certain that the other players would have made it.

SegregateMumBev Tue 18-Jun-19 08:43:39

Monday 17 June. Chaser Anne.

Player 1: Older male. Very good cash builder round, offered 2,8,35 went mid. But then gave some poor answers, and was out on the last spot (ie would've been through with the 2)

Player 2: Young male. 1,4,28. went for the mid offer. Again very poor answering, caught 4 from home.

Player 3: young woman, 1,4,40 and went low. Last question shoot out on pop music, and she got through, ie right to go low.

Player 4; older woman, good cash builder, 1,7,59, went for 7 though she might have managed the higher offer.

So 2 females, playing for 8k. Question answering is pretty even between them and they get 16 steps. 2 pushbacks, 2 executed, but Anne caught them with 31 seconds remaining.

Analysis: If player 1 had joined them they'd have been playing for £3.3k each instead of £4, but would have had an extra step and an additional source of knowledge.

SymphonyofShadows Tue 18-Jun-19 11:23:11

The ‘Two Fat Ladies’ episode is my favourite. Anne destroyed a rude, arrogant woman

xsquared Tue 18-Jun-19 21:18:42

I remember that one Symphony. She made a thing about being an ambassador of a well known weight loss program, and said that something on the lines of not respecting those who don't watch their weight. Obviously a dig at Anne to undermine her, but Anne caught her with just 3 questions.

StoneNoses Tue 18-Jun-19 21:27:17

I used to think the same thing until I went on the show and fucked right up on my cash builder as I was horrendously nervous. I was tempted by the lower offer (it was still positive). If I'd gone with it id have been a few thousand pounds better off, but I couldn't bear the idea of disappointing people I knew! Instead I watched the other 3 split the money blush they were all lovely though so I had no hard feelings! I also thoroughly enjoyed the chocolate and tea backstage watching the rest play out.

BitOfFun Tue 18-Jun-19 21:50:46

Oh StoneNoses, I'm gutted for you!

StoneNoses Tue 18-Jun-19 21:52:33

It was a lovely day out though in all fairness, and my team were really bright. Just can't bring myself to watch it as I missed several questions I knew. Typical case of it being much easier shouting the answers from home, where I normally get 6 easily!

SkydivingKittyCat Wed 19-Jun-19 13:02:21

Husband and I have applied for pointless. Wonder if we should do the Chase as well

RebootYourEngine Sun 23-Jun-19 05:13:50

Is anyone else missing the chase this week with the racing being shown instead?

SegregateMumBev Mon 24-Jun-19 22:38:09

Aaaaaand we're back!

Monday, chaser Mark

Player 1: good knowledge, offered 400, 4K, 16k. Went for the mid offer. Bit of a wobble on the questions over the lyrics to Foot
Loose, but through with 1 to spare.

Player 2: not a convincing cash builder, but offered 1, 3, 25. I would have been advocating going low at this point- if 4 made it through the final that'd be 500 pounds less each, but with a hugely increased chance off winning.
Anyhoo. Went mid offer. Very poor answering - didn't know blackadder, couldn't work out number of days Ina month, and unfamiliar with private eye. Caught 4 from home.

Player 3: super cash builder! Offered 2,7, 36. For such a good all round knowledge, I'd have advised going low, but he went for the mid offer.
And then gave daft answers, especially about the roman empiree and horses. Caught 3 from home.

Player 4: a student. Youthful knowledge always useful. Offered 2,5,56. Surprising that the low offer to the final player is actually positive, and I was screaming to take the 2, but no, he had to have his "brave" telly moment and go for 56.

Caught 4 from home.

Player1 made the most of solo playing, and got 15 steps.

7 ( count em!) push backs, only 1 executed. Chaser caught with 15 secs remaining.

Post match analysis: another player on the final team would have been another step ( 3 or 4 seconds.) but also might've executed 1 or 2 more push backs. Player 3 should've gone low. The 2 of them would have been playing for 6k, with a strong chance.

SegregateMumBev Tue 25-Jun-19 18:00:45

Now then! Tuesday, chaser Shaun

Player 1: Male 30s. Strong in the cash build, 1,5,20 went mid offer. Shaun got 1 wrong, so he'd have had 2 goes at teh higher amount.
Player 2: Female student. terrible cash builder, got none right! Offers -1, 0, 40. Wisely took the minus offer. Chaser got 2 wrong, and even Brad was remarking on her lack of knowledge. But she scraped home.
Player 3 Male 20s. 1,5,30, cockily went for the high offer, but got 3 wrong and was caught 4 from home.
Plyaer 4: Female 30s. 1,4,46. Sorely temp[ted by the high offer, but went for 4. Wouldve had a couple of chances at it too.

So 3 players for £8k. 17 steps, player 1 doing the heavy lifting, and Miss Minus answering 1.

7 pushbacks, 4 executed, with good help from Miss Minus, holding the chaser to 13!

Well played, team, enjoy!

SegregateMumBev Mon 12-Aug-19 18:00:40

blows dust off thread

Guess who's got an audtion for The Chase!

xsquared Mon 12-Aug-19 20:14:10

Have fun Segregate. I did one recently for Pointless but won't find out if I've got through until end of August.

SegregateMumBev Mon 12-Aug-19 20:18:45

Ooooh, any tips? I know they are looking for quirky interestin' types who will make good telly. I'm currently revising my US state capitals and the periodic table.

henpartystress Mon 12-Aug-19 20:22:28

Ah well done- I was on not long ago! I could tell straight away who they would pick and who they wouldn't. Be cheery and confident!

xsquared Mon 12-Aug-19 20:50:04

Hi Segregate,
I know is it sounds cliched but just be yourself, but I think it helps to appear enthusiastic.
They are not necessarily looking for people who are super clever but on the other hand, don't deliberately get questions wrong if you think they won't choose you for being too clever. Be prepared to discuss your answer rather than just say "the answer is ...".

SegregateMumBev Mon 12-Aug-19 21:08:47

Deliberately get questions wrong! ?! Gasp, I can't think of such a thing!?

Nah, I'm seriously competitive, if I know the answer I'll be blurting it out.

xsquared Mon 12-Aug-19 21:28:36

You'll be surprised as I've seen several blogs/ discussion fora suggest that producers don't want people who are too good so they deliberately leave a few questions out on the written quiz. I think that's nonsense.
I think the point of the written quiz is to filter out who would be unsuitable for going on a quiz show as the questions are very easy.

RebootYourEngine Wed 14-Aug-19 16:31:57

Good luck SegregateMumBev

When did you apply? Is the waiting list still a few years long?

SegregateMumBev Wed 14-Aug-19 17:00:51

I applied online about a fortnight ago, and got a phone call on Monday this week. After the audition stage I believe there is still quite a wait before being put on a show. But it depends on who they have available-each show does seem to contain a mix of backgrounds and ages.

Are you happy for me to carry on doing post match analysis here, or is that a bit spoilery?

VivaLeBeaver Wed 14-Aug-19 17:12:43

I know someone who had an audition and didn't get on the show. She's a demon quizzer, very clever and wouldn't have been a nervous wreck. She reckons they're looking for personalities. Bubbly types.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »