Talk

Advanced search

House - blub factor 10

(8 Posts)
hotchocscot Fri 13-Jul-07 20:52:06

did anyone watch House last night, the episode where he wants to terminate the woman's pregnancy to save her, and Cutty won't let him? I know it was totally OTT and melodramatic, but that didn't stop me totally howling and blubbing like a sad fool into my cushion. Mummy hormones a go-go.

Roskva Sat 14-Jul-07 10:12:06

Same here. No wonder House became temporarily human when that little hand reached up for his finger!

teafortwoandtwofortea Sat 14-Jul-07 10:14:48

I wouldn't generally admit to this but that little moment had me going too! I kept thinking that perhaps it was designed to help people question late abortions though and at what point a foetus becomes a baby? Too cynical?

HedTwigg Sat 14-Jul-07 10:14:52

actually I thought it was manipulatively trite.

I was rather stunned at the fact that the writers would take such a well-known picture (of the foetus holding surgeon's hand) and manipulate it into a storyline for House .. totally suspended my ability to believe in the series.

I think it might be about to 'jump the shark' which is a shame .. as it has been excellent to date .. really hope its just a blip

HedTwigg Sat 14-Jul-07 10:16:38

here .. the real thing

Samuel Amus at 22 weeks gestation .. he's now a healthy pre-schooler

hotchocscot Fri 20-Jul-07 22:21:37

oh my god, that's me off again, sobbing like a loon.... that's just amazing. Thank you so much for the link, it's incredible. Going to go and look at my sleeping ds in his cot and bless whatever luck it took for him to get here in one piece.

calebsmum Sat 21-Jul-07 19:26:32

Couldn't watch it, so then did her terminate or not??

tribpot Sat 21-Jul-07 19:28:15

God - haven't watched this week's yet, but I don't think I can now Bizarrely, I watched that one with the newborn deaths just after ds was born, literally he was days old. At the time though I was too freaked out after the birth to be further freaked out, I'd never watch it now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now