Talk

Advanced search

New Emmerdale thread...”he didn’t lick it off the grass David!”

(1000 Posts)
PinkDaydreams Fri 12-Apr-19 20:20:24

That really tickled me!

JaneJeffer Thu 25-Apr-19 22:18:23

I just had a thought that as far as Jacob is aware the only person who knows about them is Liv and if something happens to Maya and they find the pile of cash and Jacob tells the police Liv was blackmailing Maya then Liv could get blamed!

ILoveMaxiBondi Thu 25-Apr-19 22:31:21

Two weeks?? confused why?

Redshoeblueshoe Thu 25-Apr-19 22:36:57

Well this isn't a spoiler because I don't know. But I take it as, they will be skirting round about what happened tonight, and it will take 2 weeks to get resolved.
Except nothing in soapland gets resolved that quickly grin

southeastdweller Thu 25-Apr-19 22:50:14

So did one character tonight mention two weeks?! confused

Redshoeblueshoe Thu 25-Apr-19 22:51:50

The continuity announcer said it at the end

RightOnTheEdge Thu 25-Apr-19 22:58:38

I really want Maya to be arrested and go to jail. They say they tried to show how grooming and abuse happens in real life, I want to see her getting a proper punishment. Not some vigilante justice from the villagers.

ellenanora5 Thu 25-Apr-19 23:00:22

So all of Davids previous wife's and girlfriends now know that Maya is an abuser, about fecking time, I wonder how long it will actually take them to tell David, if Jacob is gone to Spain now I think they will wait till he's back to ask him about it, I think Maya will do a runner so she doesn't face the music, either way it will be drawn out for as long as they can to the point it will be boring as feck.

That whole night club thing was ridiculous.

And even though I complained about Billy in a previous post I'm beginning to wonder just how innocent Ellis is, something isn't sitting right with me about him.

Redshoeblueshoe Thu 25-Apr-19 23:10:04

Ellen you're right, the night club was boring. Though on reflection breaking the fire alarm was quite funny, or maybe just less dull than the rest of it !

PrincessScarlett Thu 25-Apr-19 23:11:22

Ellenanora, I found the whole nightclub scene ridiculous as well. I don't know what the writers are thinking. They could have done anything else and it would have been better than setting it around a nightclub.

Although I did love Bernice owning being 50!

So presumably Maya is going to disappear and the big reveal will be what happened to her. I hope they deal with the very serious issue of grooming in a proper way and it isn't ruined by some village vigilantism.

Not looking forward to Victoria's story.

ILoveMaxiBondi Thu 25-Apr-19 23:17:39

I don’t understand why half the village suddenly decided to go to a nightclub. For starters it’s a terrible location for trying to film any sort of dialogue and you can hardly see anyone. But also, it was a bit of a random mix of people. Rob and Aaron? Why? Who were they with? They just seemed to hang about in a hallway. Ellis, Victoria and Amy is understandable. Why were Rhona, Bernice and Kerry there? Billay managed to turn up and get in just as Ellis needed him despite the mile long queue outside and guest list that Bernice was on.

Redshoeblueshoe Thu 25-Apr-19 23:26:00

In other words a really badly written and thought out storyline.

I imagine that the grooming will be forgotten, as quickly as they decide on what's important NOW

Sadly they could have had a proper debate about the issues, but hey ho. Ratings it's all about the Ratings ! ! !

ILoveMaxiBondi Thu 25-Apr-19 23:33:02

Agree red. It would be a real shame on the writers part if they don’t follow through with the grooming storyline. It’s a huge issue and IRL there is a legacy for children who have been groomed. Ideally Maya would be arrested, full investigation and Jacob would receive victim support and counselling to untangle all the manipulation he has undergone and reset his boundaries.

Redshoeblueshoe Thu 25-Apr-19 23:37:16

Maxi I know a victim of JS. She's a pensioner. It must break her heart that in over 55 years there's no improvement in dealing with CA

ILoveMaxiBondi Thu 25-Apr-19 23:49:28

Indeed. I see so many stories now i wonder have we learned nothing!

Jojoanna Fri 26-Apr-19 09:51:59

I enjoyed the episode ! I’m easily pleased

MrsSteveMcDonald Fri 26-Apr-19 11:17:37

Yes the nightclub was just weird as there is no way that so many different people from the village would have gone

PaulHollywoodsSexGut Fri 26-Apr-19 12:50:11

I felt that the episode was a big fat let down barring Leyla’s absolutely BRILLIANT “resting bitch kill face”.

JaneJeffer Fri 26-Apr-19 13:10:42

I thought it was good too Jojoanna.

I think the noisy/dark nightclub was a bit distracting though.

There was some good jokes in there and a bit of Emmerdale history.

I loved Bernice telling Kerry she would appeal to manual workers grin

And Maya's face when she knew she'd been rumbled!

PinkDaydreams Fri 26-Apr-19 13:47:12

Gutted I missed the second episode last night! Can’t get the ITV hub anymore on my tv either. What’s happened with maya and Jacob please? It sounds like they’ve been caught?

JaneJeffer Fri 26-Apr-19 13:55:22

Pink Priya saw them kissing outside the nightclub and told Leyla and Tracy.

PinkDaydreams Fri 26-Apr-19 14:00:37

😳😳

PrincessScarlett Fri 26-Apr-19 14:02:17

Yes, Leyla's face was brilliant. I want a decent realistic proper end to Maya but I also think Leyla's revenge could be awesome after seeing her angry face last night.

chuzzlewit Fri 26-Apr-19 19:41:14

I’m so sick of everything being solved by murder! Lazy, juvenile writing - do the writers think people find such far fetched nonsense exciting? It would be far more interesting to see Maya and the other characters actually having to deal with the fallout from her actions, realistically.

JaneJeffer Fri 26-Apr-19 19:41:53

Did Billaay stab Ellis then?

PrincessScarlett Fri 26-Apr-19 19:45:11

Right, I'm starting to wonder whether Billy stabbed Ellis. We saw Ellis have a massive go at Billy and then Billy with a knife. Last night I assumed he was going after Max but now I'm not so sure.

This thread is not accepting new messages.