Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The Thick of It... 9pm, BBC4

(22 Posts)
policywonk Tue 03-Jul-07 20:50:24

Who's gonna watch and then come back on here after and re-post Jamie's obscenities?

OrmIrian Wed 04-Jul-07 13:12:55

I watched it. But I bleeped all the swearwords. So of course there was no dialogue.

policywonk Wed 04-Jul-07 15:42:04

What was the point of that?

At least you'll have got 'tete-a-tiny-tete', which was the best line in it I reckon.

Marina Wed 04-Jul-07 15:43:55

Missed it but dh kindly filled me in on the swearing. Chief defect seems to have been not enough Roger Allam from the sound of it.

I still think come the fuck in or fuck the fuck off will take a lot of beating!

It will be repeated I hope...

policywonk Wed 04-Jul-07 15:49:54

No Roger at all in this one. I'm almost hoping that Cameron wins the next election just so that we'll have more of him.

Marina Wed 04-Jul-07 15:51:55

The scene with the Paul Smith suit and the repulsive shirt in the last one had me crying with laughter. "Pimp my bathtub". What a shame

policywonk Wed 04-Jul-07 15:58:25

That was a fantastic bit. 'I always tuck my shirt in. It's part of getting dressed.' And them all having a meltdown over his tie at the end.

Apparently they aren't going to make any more series (only specials) until the Chris Langham trial is over, which could be a while, I guess.

jeremyvile Wed 04-Jul-07 16:02:13

"Wouldn't know how to organise an arse-rape in a Barracks"

FNAR!

Marina Wed 04-Jul-07 16:03:49

"maize-based snacks" has become a well-used phrase in our house.
Commendable that they have not just sacked Chris Langham before the trial IMO. Innocent until proven guilty, although the circs don't sound good

policywonk Wed 04-Jul-07 16:08:03

Yes, Marina, quite agree. Must take some courage on their part.

Nothing quite as good as the 'take-your-iPod-out-of-its-tiny-nano-sheath-and-push-it-up-your-cock' rant from the last one. That was truly epic. Apparently they have a swearing consultant.

bagsundereyes Wed 04-Jul-07 16:48:50

Aargh - my video-programming ineptitude will be the death of me . I only taped half of it - does anyone know when (if?) it's due to be repeated?

Gizmo Wed 04-Jul-07 17:37:53

We recorded it (sadly on an obscure Mac format, or I'd offer it generally here) and it was so good we had to watch it all over again, immediately.

A swearing consultant - really?? What a f*cking brilliant career. What do you put on your passport?

'Sadly, that's quite a good idea, because I'm very tired and I would have liked to hit someone' I have bet DH a large stake that he can't shoehorn that into his next brainstorming session at work.

bundle Wed 04-Jul-07 17:38:44

have recorded it marina

meandmyflyingmachine Wed 04-Jul-07 17:42:20

I "pressed the red button" at the end for the oppostion special.

Roger Allam <swoon>

policywonk Wed 04-Jul-07 17:52:03

Gizmo. Apparently it's some guy who runs a swearing website (men, eh? Tsk.)

My red button WAS NOT WORKING. A thousand curses on Virgin Media. May they be bought out by private equity chisellers and be well and truly asset-stripped.

Marina Wed 04-Jul-07 21:17:13

Well hello there bundle [fluttering eyelash emoticon). Dh re-enacting it didn't really work as he is only a dilettante curser and forgot some of the epithets
Me and Roger Allam go back yonks, he's mine I tell ya, all mine
Have seen him smoking cigars in the bushes in Much Ado and half-dressed in Privates On Parade (if only)

bagsundereyes Thu 05-Jul-07 07:33:57

for those who want a second look, or who failed to sort themselves out properly first time [me], it's repeated tonight at 10, this sat, and next sat on bbc2. not like i'm obsessed with malcolm tucker or anything.....

Pan Thu 05-Jul-07 07:58:22

Am I the only person who was a wee bit disappointed. Loved all of it, have seen all of the screenings from the very beginning, but was there too much swearing on it??!! That when Malcolm appeared you knew you were in for tasty put downs and hilarious images, usually anally based. But with two of them at it, and no other character role, apparently, it was getting a bit..well....overdone??..<< no, don't send Malcolm round! >>

Marina Thu 05-Jul-07 10:22:14

On BBC4 again tonight at 10pm, pan, so will see for myself. At least one TV review agrees with you totally - without a central, main Ministerial figure, and with another equally sweary and aggressive sidekick, for all Peter Capaldi's magnificence this one was apparently less all-round hilarious.
I knew they should have worked in Roger Allam somehow!

Marina Thu 05-Jul-07 10:22:45

Doh, and I see you have in fact already told us about it being shown again bags!

bagsundereyes Thu 05-Jul-07 19:52:48

Right, video prepared with due diligence.Lucky dd is far, far too young to start repeating "shove it up your hairy inbox", so we'll enjoy it together over breakfast .

policywonk Thu 05-Jul-07 20:39:13

bags - you can video BBC4? <boggles>

Hope you enjoy it and don't suffer too much from the Allam deficit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now