Talk

Advanced search

Britains next top model will be.........

(16 Posts)
trippleshot Mon 02-Jul-07 21:09:44

a minger. Why are they always so unattractive compared to the US series?

pooka Mon 02-Jul-07 22:04:01

I know what you mean. I am taken aback by seeing Lisa Snowdon on tv. Usually see her in mags/the paper. She looks much larger than I thought she would.

ejt1764 Mon 02-Jul-07 22:06:22

so glad I'm not the only one thinking that ... let's hope the makeover is successful - goodness knows some of them need one!

Califrau Mon 02-Jul-07 22:09:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pooka Mon 02-Jul-07 22:12:20

AAAaargh! Think that's the series that I've just started watching.
Well Lucy shined in the first task compared with the others. They just don't seem as "moggley" as the ones in former series/different shows.

trippleshot Tue 03-Jul-07 12:55:36

So glad others are thinking the same...was feeling a little trite and superficial as there was tread going around last night about women being objectified...ooops.

Lucycat Mon 09-Jul-07 21:28:31

I love it when they cry because they have their hair cut! tee hee

gawd they are dire - you're right Califrau ANTM it ain't!

AlbusPercivalWulfricBrianSun Mon 09-Jul-07 21:29:58

Agree no where near as good as ANTM and is anyone else baffled that Lisa Snowdon was a 'top' model - she has a double chin!

Lucycat Mon 09-Jul-07 21:30:51

she's only on it cos she once slept with gorgeous George Clooney!

bubblerock Tue 10-Jul-07 09:21:18

I'm a Next top model addict - the uk & canada ones are soooo dull compared to the American and Australian ones!!

schneebly Tue 10-Jul-07 09:30:41

I am watching too but agree that they are not nearly as attractive as the American contestants - I know it is a smaller country but even still! I mean I am no Kate Moss but you wouldn't look twice at most of them in the street.

schneebly Tue 10-Jul-07 09:31:21

<<hangs head in shame for being soooo shallow>>

kateyp Tue 10-Jul-07 13:28:25

My DH (whilst watching is last night) did enquire "exactly how much of a minger do you have to be to be rejected from Britain's Next Top Model?"

I think the main problem with BNTM is that is doesn't have Nigel "noted-fashion-photographer" Barker on it.

Clayhead Thu 12-Jul-07 07:34:39

Nigel "noted-fashion-photographer" Barker [swoon]

Er...not that I watch it or anything

(but he is lovely )

Triwizardcupcakes Fri 13-Jul-07 16:22:22

Califrau!!

Have you just spoiled the ending of the one I'm watching?!

It's got a Lucy who is definitely the best of the bunch. Also a Carly and a Louise (can't remember any of the other names).

They aren't great though, are they?

Natalie from Manchester looks familiar - is it a similarity to her from Two Pints of Lager?

<hangs head in shame>

katz Fri 13-Jul-07 16:27:23

i love top model although have to agree that britains and canda's are poor imitations.

as for nigel yummeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: