Yes

lulumama Mon 02-Jul-07 20:55:04

what channel?

Kathyis6incheshigh Mon 02-Jul-07 20:55:38

bbc1

hatrick Mon 02-Jul-07 20:55:44

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Mon 02-Jul-07 20:55:45

Yes. This case just shows up why NO court should ever be allowed to operate in secret. There are ways to protect a child's identity.

Secrecy = injustice.

There is injustice even in open court, you can imagine how it if allowed to operate in private.

This lady speaking now. Well, let's just say, if there is a hell, there's a lot of room in it for some folk.

TwoIfBySea Mon 02-Jul-07 20:58:10

Heartbreaking.

Funny how the ones who are actually abusing their children seem to be allowed to keep them, usually killing them at some point. There have been so many cases like that over the years, poor children.

Those parents, so brave facing this and fighting it.

lulumama Mon 02-Jul-07 20:59:00

thanks

altough not sure if i should wathc

daisyandbabybootoo Mon 02-Jul-07 21:01:41

it's awful isn't it, heartbreaking. this has been going on for years, destroying families lives.

morocco Mon 02-Jul-07 21:03:56

terrible terrible terrible story and most definitely not a one off either, there was a whole article about it in the torygraph
that family could be any one of us and there would be nothing we could do about it.

luciemule Mon 02-Jul-07 21:14:51

I truely don't understand why, even if the three children have been adopted, they can't be handed back to the parents.

I understand that they've been fully adopted but they're the birth parents and they have rights too - especially as it's been shown that they are fit parents and didn't abuse child B and that the children were incorrectly taken in the first place.

If I were the adoptive parents, I'd hand the kids back!

Surely in cases like these, the children could be fostered long-term but not adopted.

WestCountryLass Mon 02-Jul-07 21:30:46

I don't understand why the children can't be given back to their parents either??? I know they have been formally adopted but surely their parents whould be given the world now.

Expat, did you mean the woman from SS that would not apologise because it would be inappropriate but felt sympathy for the family? At one point it seemed she was laughing....

Kathyis6incheshigh Mon 02-Jul-07 21:32:35

I suppose adoptions are just never overturned, not matter what the reason

I can't believe it is in the best interests of the children not to return them to their parents. It's not like they're not going to find out what happened when they're older.

luciemule Mon 02-Jul-07 21:43:48

Exactly - hopefully though, as it said they were now trying to get the authorities to say the children should never have been adopted in the first place, they might be able to take it further from there.

Surely if they admit they were wrong, it should cancel out the adoptions.

The adoptive parents must feel extremely guilty (actually, I wonder if they even know the details of the case?).

morocco Mon 02-Jul-07 23:33:19

if the eldest was at school she/he will surely always remember their parents and later in life see that programme/read articles etc. how angry would you be with everyone, including I imagine your adoptive parents. i wish the adoptive parents were able to volunteer to give them back. i hope i would in similar circumstances

that woman from ss was shocking

Kathyis6incheshigh Tue 03-Jul-07 09:29:30

I wonder if the problem is that adoption law was formulated when people had a different view of adoption, ie no contact with or info about birth parents?

expatinscotland Tue 03-Jul-07 09:31:43

Yes, WCL, she appeared to find it all quite amusing. As if destroying an entire family were something that's par for the course and she seemed to get off the on the power she had.

She's right up there with Roy Meadows.

luciemule Tue 03-Jul-07 10:27:13

With all of the heartache and misery in the world at the moment, wouldn't you have thought the courts would just conceed and hand the children back?

It's making me so sad - been thinking about it all night!

SnowballV Tue 03-Jul-07 14:43:30

Watched this today. I remember seeing it all on there when she was pregnant with the last one

I have never understood why they were put up for adoption so quickly (although now I know about the bonus it makes more sense) when so many others are just fostered for years. I hate the fact that they split the children up. Also, like others of you have said - how do the adoptive parents feel keeping children they now know should never have been taken away?

As much as it would break your heart to hand them over, surely the guilt of having someone's children when they didn't do anything wrong would be terrible?

edam Tue 03-Jul-07 14:53:19

You'd think so, Snowball, but there was an MNer whose children had been unjustly removed and the adoptive parents preferred to blacken her name and refuse to accept that a very grave mistake had been made. Did everything they could to poison the children (late teens/early 20s) against their birth mother. Presumably they felt threatened.

morocco Tue 03-Jul-07 14:54:06

did they also split the children up? I missed that part,
I have been thinking about this all day and being especially nice to my 3, you forget how precious they are sometimes, mid tantrum.
I don't know where some people find the strength to keep going, tbh, choosing to have baby no 4 was incredibly brave, thank goodness they got at least to keep him

edam Tue 03-Jul-07 14:54:45

I don't get why SS and the courts say adoptions can never be overturned. They are when adoptive parents hand children back (which does happen). And I don't see how the authorities can say it's OK to put children through the trauma of being taken from their parents, but it would be too traumatic to return them.

SueBaroo Tue 03-Jul-07 15:02:47

We've had ss involvement because of my depression and disability. They were FA help, and just filled in loads of forms of intrusive questions.
We told them to sling their hook, and I wouldn't let another one of them in the house. Stories like that on Panorama just reinforce my wariness

SnowballV Tue 03-Jul-07 15:09:45

oh that's terrible Edam

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: