Talk

Advanced search

***** Is anyone else watching GLASTONBURY on BBC3?****

(60 Posts)
PestoMonster Fri 22-Jun-07 20:50:23

I am re-living my youth as DH is away tonight and watching this is making me yearn a bit for my Castle Donnington days! Sigh!

PestoMonster Fri 22-Jun-07 21:01:19

None of you??

Shame on you

MuminBrum Fri 22-Jun-07 21:04:31

DP is watching and I am in the same room. I have to say <adopts ancient high court judge voice> I have no idea whatsoever who any of these people are ...

PestoMonster Fri 22-Jun-07 21:08:55

Me neither, but I pretend I'm keeping up!

I did know some of 'em eearlier, before I'd been at the winebosx

MuminBrum Fri 22-Jun-07 21:16:55

I can't even plead the winebox amendment - I'm just an old fogey these days <sigh> and I used to be so hip! (Well, no-one on MN knows any different, do they?).

PestoMonster Fri 22-Jun-07 21:31:27

yeah, but this is really good stuff on at the moment, non?

MuminBrum Fri 22-Jun-07 21:34:41

Wot, Rufus Winehouse? Or is it Amy Wainwright? Might be enjoying it more if I was hooked up to your winebox - there's the makings of a joke in there about Amy Winebox but I can't be bothered to pursue it.

oliveoil Fri 22-Jun-07 21:35:53

we are watching Kasabian via the Blue button feature (whatever that may be)

have seen Amy Winehouse and various others

PestoMonster Fri 22-Jun-07 21:36:28

I'm trying to sober up a bit, so am just having diet coke for a while. Next-door-neightbour's cat has gone out in a huff.. Didn't let it eat my duck pancakes

LynetteScavo Fri 22-Jun-07 21:36:48

So what did you think of Rufus's sister?

DH is saying" I'm so old I don't know who these people are!"- he was talking about the presenters.

PestoMonster Fri 22-Jun-07 21:38:26

Me, I liked! I am old, but don't feel it, not one little bit.

vonsudenfed Fri 22-Jun-07 21:49:19

Gah, I am Glastonbury widow so not watching in a huff. And I can't even have a glass of wine because I've got to go and pick dh up at the end of the night (we're v close to Pilton).

Still, there are some consolations. He rang me up at five this afternoon to say that if it didn't stop raining soon, he was coming home, Arcade Fire or no Arcade Fire...

PestoMonster Fri 22-Jun-07 21:50:58

Poor you, no vino . Never mind. Can you hear it from where you are?

vonsudenfed Fri 22-Jun-07 21:53:06

Not tonight - not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing! But there were plenty of lost souls wandering around town this morning with their shiny new wellies and passes...

PestoMonster Fri 22-Jun-07 21:54:25

lol

Wish I wasn't too old to go. I would love an excuse to camp in a flowery tent and wear pretty wellies!

PestoMonster Fri 22-Jun-07 21:55:13

Btw, this guy on now is a bit of alright, isn't he?

vonsudenfed Fri 22-Jun-07 21:56:29

I don't think there's such a thing as too old to go! I'm 42 and am only taking a pause this year...

My excuse is dd - she's only 7 months, and at the time I had to decide about tickets, I was still so achey and deranged from the birth that I couldn't imagine walking around for a whole day and feeding a baby!

Nip Fri 22-Jun-07 21:58:52

pesto - we could pretend we were at glasto - our kids must do it all the time...

<<wellies on... blanket over head... i'm in a tent>>>>

LOL!!!

vonsudenfed Fri 22-Jun-07 22:00:43

<pour bucket of water over head>

<eat two day old greasy noodles>

<try to go to sleep to the sound of pounding techno....>

Mmm, I'm feeling better about not being there already...

Nip Fri 22-Jun-07 22:03:21

<<remove deodorant..dance arund till sweaty>>>

<<mess up/knot or dread hair>>

<<tie die clothes>>>

<<Turn DS into mini hippy>>

<<smoke 'more'>>

LOL

<<Nip... goes off dancing around sette>>

rosealbie Fri 22-Jun-07 22:06:20

I've been watching and reliving my own various times there. Loved Rufus Wainright and Martha Wainright's voice reminded me of Cerys from Catatonia!

Also watched the Fratellis

PestoMonster Fri 22-Jun-07 22:07:07

<<listens to music>>

<<has a puff on something dodgy>>

<<collapses in a heap near but not in a puddle>>

rosealbie Fri 22-Jun-07 22:10:20

just read your post vonsudenfed and agree you are never too old for Glastonbury. Watching it on TV just doesn't measure up though does it?

vonsudenfed Fri 22-Jun-07 22:10:33

Well I shall be driving right past it in half an hour or so, so I'll send it all your love...

vonsudenfed Fri 22-Jun-07 22:11:41

No it does not! We'll be back next year, with a family sized tent, and a plan. Sadly, we're moving though, because if you're local, you get guaranteed tickets (and our firework display is fabulous, because the festival pays for it all...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now