Emmerdale, still rolling through the dales...no spoilers please

(986 Posts)
ellenanora5 Thu 30-Aug-18 21:15:21

Moses is still the cutest person in the show

Will Pete and Rhona go the distance

Will Victoria and Matty couple up

Will Rodney last another thread

ellenanora5 Wed 19-Dec-18 20:27:38

Thanks southeast smile took me long enough.

southeastdweller Wed 19-Dec-18 20:24:24

Yes ellenanora you’ve done it!

ellenanora5 Wed 19-Dec-18 19:50:44

Oh think I did, did I ?

ellenanora5 Wed 19-Dec-18 19:50:03

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/telly_addicts/3455793-Emmerdale-the-place-you-can-get-away-with-any-crime-if-youre-a-dingle

Arrgghh thought I finally learned how to link a new thread, sorry.

southeastdweller Wed 19-Dec-18 09:45:31

Skinny 15 year olds aren't my thing either but I think the writing of the story is credible and creepy. I can't understand people who act on their feelings with children (and 15 is a child in my view). It feels like a story I don't want to find compelling but I do.

ILoveMaxiBondi Tue 18-Dec-18 19:28:08

It’s totally cringey! And now we have Jacob running around topless to try and impress her with his skinny 15 year olds body! grin

RedLife Tue 18-Dec-18 19:26:18

Is it just me that thought Debbies furry boots didn't go with her dress

Ooh I though they were slippers because she had a no shoes rule?

PremierNaps Tue 18-Dec-18 19:25:33

I know it's meant to make you think but this Maya/Jacob story is cringe!

ILoveMaxiBondi Tue 18-Dec-18 19:25:01

I’m not normally one to pass remark on a person’s appearance but Maya’s ears are extremely distracting! They are quite large and look ridiculous with all her earrings in. I keep wanting to pull her hair over the front of them to hide them.

ellenanora5 Tue 18-Dec-18 19:13:08

I see Sarah has inherited her mothers moody narkiness scowling attitude.

Bloody Maya is a dangerous piece of work.

I'll give it another few posts then I'll start a new thread.

MrsSteveMcDonald Tue 18-Dec-18 09:59:42

She dressed ridiculously for court. Surely all Dingles have a court suit ready for their inevitable time in the dock?

PremierNaps Mon 17-Dec-18 21:14:23

Is it just me that thought Debbies furry boots didn't go with her dress 😂

MinorRSole Mon 17-Dec-18 20:27:45

Well she can hardly be angry at Cain, what he did was not premeditated and he was very unlucky. Besides, he only did what she had already paid someone else to do. Won't stop her though, what a drain of energy she would be. Absurd that she got off

BoebePhuffay Mon 17-Dec-18 20:27:06

Yes what is it with the dingles vandalising people’s homes. If it’s not charity defecating <vom> on tables it’s faith teaching Sarah to throw food around the place! What disgusting people.

Smidge001 Mon 17-Dec-18 20:23:26

Why does everyone encourage everyone to take the law into their own hands? Seems its OK for Bernice to smack Nicola in the face. No one says anything about that (Diane, Robert nor Jimmy). Then Sarah thinks it's OK to take revenge on Graham. And her gran thinks that's OK too.

BoebePhuffay Mon 17-Dec-18 20:15:13

How on earth was she found not guilty?? She confessed to ordering the attack, the only part she didn’t do was stipulate that it should be acid. As judge Judy would say “but for her actions” Ross would never have been hurt.

ellenanora5 Mon 17-Dec-18 19:54:19

Can't believe she got off, its amazing what she gets away with.

Jojoanna Mon 17-Dec-18 19:49:24

Yep! Then she will find out how joe was (killed by cain?) and never talk to him again ! More mopey face and rows

BoebePhuffay Mon 17-Dec-18 19:28:20

Oh flipping hell! So we’ve still got to see debbies whiney face! I suppose it beats having to watch her make sobbing phone calls from prison all over Xmas.

ellenanora5 Sun 16-Dec-18 19:58:59

I dont mind Nicolas hair, it's ok, but yep I'm glad Graham is on to them, I can't stand Robert so I'd love to see him being brought down with a bang.

Can't believe Jimmy believed Nicola.

I hope Debbie does go to prison , she's an evil vindictive cow.

I also think Harriet will end up looking after Dawn, she needs a decent storyline.

I can't see Marlon agreeing to the wedding, and who the hell organises a surprise wedding on the say so of a nine year old.

PremierNaps Sun 16-Dec-18 16:48:50

@southeastdweller I agree with you. Charity was well out of order. She should be more concerned Noah is running wild and DID steal that car with Leanna.

southeastdweller Sun 16-Dec-18 10:55:02

I love that Graham's onto Nicola. She (and Robert) need bringing down a peg or two.

I'm not looking forward to seeing more of Jessie when Bill-ay arrives in the village. I guess Marlon will again gladly accept someone else living in his house that he barely knows.

Charity pissed me off this week bollocking Ryan with her pathetic 'no grassing' crap.

kikashi Sun 16-Dec-18 10:33:26

I can't believe you would get off with what Debbie did. She's vile, paying Simon to beat Joe up really badly is awful, no matter what Joe did to her. The violence from the Dingles always seems to go unpunished. Charity thumping Marlon, Moira beating up Cain, Zak and Cain etc only Belle was punished and that was an accident, nit murder IIRC. I think Aaron was sent down for beating up the dad of Finn's fixation but the Dingle's just treated it as unfairness to Aaron rather than being aghast at how he could do that.

Knowing Soaps though Debbie will be free for Xmas with Surrah. She needs to be out to continue the search for Joe/be there for when the S**t hits the fan (as it no doubt will).

I guess Kim will come back and son James will appear (as she tasked Graham with finding him). That'll soften her up a bit. She could let all the tenants keep their leases to reingratiate herself, perhaps that's the plan. Graham will be torn between Meghan and KIm. Perhaps, if Joe isn't dead he'll secretly lurk about sabotaging Home Farm. I still hope he'll return.

Would Meghan be so quick to get involved with a violent alcoholic after Jai's addiction ?

Teaandbiscuits90 Sun 16-Dec-18 09:06:59

Yeah she’s going to have to have a soft side....

I also wonder whether Debbie will be sent to prison 🤔 I do quite like her but I’m wondering what on earth else they can do with her?!

HettySunshine Sun 16-Dec-18 07:35:37

They'll have to tone Kim down a bit though if she's coming back full time (not a spoiler, I don't know if she is or not!).

She couldn't be that much of a panto baddy all the time, it would be way too much.

Surely?!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »