ellenanora5 Thu 30-Aug-18 21:15:21

Moses is still the cutest person in the show

Will Pete and Rhona go the distance

Will Victoria and Matty couple up

Will Rodney last another thread

HettySunshine Thu 30-Aug-18 21:17:11

Will Lachlan ever get caught??

JaneJeffer Thu 30-Aug-18 21:20:00

Noah is such a good actor. I love when the child actors get to stay and we see them grow up.

PaulHollywoodsSexGut Thu 30-Aug-18 21:31:07

When will the Emmerdale writers realise the Spencers are a waste of rations and get rid?!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 30-Aug-18 22:07:26

Absolutely ridiculous when Bernice punched Daz hmm

JaneJeffer Thu 30-Aug-18 23:21:41

It's a pity Ross wasn't around. With his clown phobia he might have given Daz a right punch!

I loved Rodney calling Bernice "Brutus" grin

Monty27 Fri 31-Aug-18 07:05:34

I only watch every now and again. Can someone tell me how charity thought Ryan had died and who his dad was? Please

HettySunshine Fri 31-Aug-18 07:47:32

Monty, there's been a huge back story in the last few months explaining a lot of Charity's history.

Ryan's father is a police officer called DI Bales. He 'took her in' when she was living on the streets at age 13 but then repeated raped her and passed her to a couple of his friends. He kept her in hellish conditions and generally made her life a mystery.

He got her pregnant and when she found out that gave her the strength to escape, she and her baby survived the pregnancy on the streets and she went to the hospital in labour and checked in under a fake name.

After the baby was born she went to the hospital shop and bought him a little hat. As she was heading back she saw the medics working on the baby and thought he had died so she fled. Ryan is that baby, he was adopted by one of the midwives.

HettySunshine Fri 31-Aug-18 07:48:18

Should have said, Bails set her up in a grotty flat, not in his home.

kikashi Fri 31-Aug-18 07:52:57

There was even a glimpse of Johnny last night!

lovemyhorsesxo Fri 31-Aug-18 20:59:42

Poor joe how could Debbie have said no. Joe is actually my favourite actor atm in emmerdale. Lachlan is just pissing me off I hope he gets caught red handed and never comes back and it may be just me but I wish they would ship Vanessa and Tracy. They are constantly interfering

JaneJeffer Fri 31-Aug-18 22:13:51

Nice ring!

Is Lachlan digging Terry back up? Ugh...

bonfireheart Sat 01-Sep-18 00:23:08

They've done a complete 360 on Joe's character - for the better!

HettySunshine Sat 01-Sep-18 06:54:02

Joe is lovely now. He could do so much better than Debbie.

Monty27 Sat 01-Sep-18 07:28:53

Thumbs up Hetty now some of it is making sense. In an emerald world anyway
grin

Monty27 Sat 01-Sep-18 07:33:04

Emmerdale I should say. You know the one. They all live on farms but with no live stock, as such grin

ChinkChink Sat 01-Sep-18 09:26:38

Thanks for the new thread.

I'll try this again in case anyone new can remember:

What happened to Dan's paramedic training?

ellenanora5 Sat 01-Sep-18 12:57:48

Thanks for linking, I swear one of these days I'll learn how to do it.

I don't think he finished his training ChinkChink because he couldn't save (can't remember her name) his exes girlfriend after the fairground disaster.

They really need to dump Daz, what happened to his arm I wonder.

Corneliawildthing Sat 01-Sep-18 14:23:11

How come every time anyone is taking about "goings-on" in woods etc Lachlan just happens to overhear it. This story is really becoming ridiculous now. According to Priya, the woods were crawling with police yet Lachlan manages to drive into the middle of them to presumably dig up Uncle Terry's body hmm

JaneJeffer Sat 01-Sep-18 14:28:18

Ah yes Cornelia but it's the Hotten police grin

ChinkChink Sat 01-Sep-18 14:38:39

Thanks @ellenanora5 re Dan. Ruby wasn't it?

Sounds like the scriptwriters got fed up of the paramedic training storyline and decided to a: endow Dan with some finer feelings or b: ensure he carried on his role as the most miserable and tortured bloke this side of Ilkley Moor.

Smidge001 Sat 01-Sep-18 19:54:23

So they mentioned Lisa again on Friday. What exactly is she doing? A campervanning trip around Europe? Are she and Zack still meant to be together?
Is the actress ill in real life or something?

kikashi Sun 02-Sep-18 08:53:24

IIRC Lisa ran off to Scotland for the sake of her health and is working/volunteering(?) in some charity (for vunerable young people/women - not sure)

I agree Daz needs to go - the whole Spencer lot and Harriet being culled would be no loss. I hate how Daz's RL girlfriend, the actress who plays Kerry is always beaming affectionately at him whenever he does something ridiculous such as being the clown. Ghastly.

JaneJeffer Sun 02-Sep-18 18:59:16

kikashi that drives me mad too! She's supposed to be in character not mooning over her boyfriend. You wouldn't see Rhona looking at Cain like that (and he's worth looking at like that)!

MrsSteveMcDonald Mon 03-Sep-18 13:31:24

I kind of feel sorry for Rhona having a string of awful men to snog but then remember she goes home to Cain each night so that soon evaporates grin

JaneJeffer Mon 03-Sep-18 14:09:14

Well I wouldn't consider snogging Pete a hardship!

JaneJeffer Mon 03-Sep-18 19:27:46

Poor Belle! Lachlan is completely bonkers. Great acting.

PrincessScarlett Mon 03-Sep-18 19:29:33

He hasn't killed poor Sam has he? Surely not?

redshoeblueshoe Mon 03-Sep-18 19:29:49

I'm confused did Lachlan say its Sams blood ?

redshoeblueshoe Mon 03-Sep-18 19:30:42

Glad its not just me Princess

PrincessScarlett Mon 03-Sep-18 19:31:13

Yes Redshoe, Sam caught him about to re-bury Gerry's fake uncle's body.

redshoeblueshoe Mon 03-Sep-18 19:32:33

Thanks, that'll teach me not to watch TV and MN at the same time

LoveMySituation Mon 03-Sep-18 20:13:57

Why have Aaron and Liv gone to Ireland to see Sandra? Short hop over the Pennines to Weatherfield should do it grin

JaneJeffer Mon 03-Sep-18 23:04:36

Every time she's been in Corrie I've missed it!

ellenanora5 Tue 04-Sep-18 14:48:44

Is Sandra in corrie, who is she in it.

I bloody hope Sam is not dead, no way could they do that.

But I wouldn't mind if Debbie got caught up in the whole thing and she disappeared for good.

LoveMySituation Tue 04-Sep-18 17:15:53

She's Kayla's mum, Ellen. Haven't seen them for a bit though. I don't think Sam's dead, but I think Lachlan thinks he is

JaneJeffer Tue 04-Sep-18 17:58:40

Who's Kayla? Is she the bad cop's daughter? (sorry for the Corrie chat before anyone gets annoyed - I'll stop after this!)

LoveMySituation Tue 04-Sep-18 18:10:55

That's the one Jane

redshoeblueshoe Tue 04-Sep-18 19:01:18

Is Bernice lusting after the Doctor ?

redshoeblueshoe Tue 04-Sep-18 19:06:23

Lachlan is scary

Smidge001 Tue 04-Sep-18 19:23:31

After initially being interested in the Graham character, I totally went off him. And found I hadn't missed him at all when he left.

yet they've brought him back. Hurumph.

JaneJeffer Tue 04-Sep-18 19:55:18

Thanks Love

Can't blame Bernice. He's way better than Daz.

mogloveseggs Tue 04-Sep-18 22:52:25

Aargh! Can’t cope with the tension! Poor Sam sad

ellenanora5 Tue 04-Sep-18 23:22:33

Thanks LoveMy, I never noticed that.

So Robert is in the firing line but, and its only a but, I think Robert will get the gun off Lachlan and shoot him, but I hope he tells him about Rebecca first, who I'm hoping is alive and well and Lachlan has her in some sort of institution (I know, I'm grasping at straws) that he managed to commit her too.

Bernice is ridiculous really, she can't live without a man for five minutes.

If Matty and Victoria get together I'll scream.

JaneJeffer Wed 05-Sep-18 00:03:17

I wonder who's minding Seb. Robert, Vic, Diane and Doug were all there together and Aaron and Liv are in Ireland, Faith and Bernice were in the salon so that's all the available family babysitters busy.

Eastie77 Wed 05-Sep-18 08:48:06

The 24/7 childminder is back in business it seems. She must have been minding Issac too whilst Moira was counselling gormless Debbie and Cain was drinking with Zac.

Matty is such a wet fish, his 'menacing' threats to Ellis were completely ridiculous. There is also something very off putting about his goggle eyes and big nose. I've never heard of a car alarm that couldn't be stopped by opening the car and disabling it but Vic had to wait for '4 men in a van'confused

I have a feeling Lachlan will end up dead but Belle will be culprit, possibly while stopping him from killing Robert. Robert and the Dingle code will protect her and it will all be covered up.

redshoeblueshoe Wed 05-Sep-18 09:47:52

Ellis is very good looking, so that means Vic will have to pick Matty.

PrincessScarlett Wed 05-Sep-18 10:36:38

I hope Lachlan doesn't end up dead although that appears to be the way all the psychos go. Can't wait for the villagers to hear the extent of his killing spree, particularly poor Gerry.

I do wonder what he's done with Rebecca. I'm hoping she's still alive and her and Sam can bring Lachlan down together and then she can live with Robert and Aaron in some modern weird family unit.

JaneJeffer Wed 05-Sep-18 11:44:09

Oh God no, keep Rebecca the hell away from Robert and Aaron! She can move in with Ross now that he's all alone.

Eastie77 Wed 05-Sep-18 11:52:27

Yes Ellis is very easy on the eye indeed.

TheJunctionBaby Wed 05-Sep-18 15:53:41

I too hope Rebecca is alive.i really disliked her before the accident, but her bluntness since has made me like her a lot. She adds some much needed humour at times and I really liked her and Ross together

Eastie77 Wed 05-Sep-18 17:58:53

Struggling to think where Rebecca could possibly be if she is alive. Only thing I can come up with is that he has threatened to kill Seb unless she disappears and she is hiding somewhere in fear. Or he has put her in some kind of induced coma!

Tasha32 Wed 05-Sep-18 18:03:21

I thinks she is still alive as if he was worried about a body being found he would have moved hers aswel as terrys which leads me to think he can't have killed her🤔unless of course she not been buried in woods but she somewhere else entirely 🤔

ellenanora5 Wed 05-Sep-18 18:17:56

Matty is awful, his trying to look frightening look was hilarious.

Jojoanna Wed 05-Sep-18 19:47:34

Marty was ridiculous

JaneJeffer Wed 05-Sep-18 20:03:22

I still think he'll have put her in some kind of medical place, a psychiatric unit or something. With her brain injury they won't believe her if she talks about what happened. I'm sure she'll turn up soon. Thomas Atkinson is amazing.

Matty needs to listen to some Kenny Rogers.

PrincessScarlett Wed 05-Sep-18 20:28:15

Great episode tonight. I was on the edge of my seat.

JaneJeffer Wed 05-Sep-18 20:46:44

It was hilarious when Noah said my brother is marrying my sister grin

MinorRSole Wed 05-Sep-18 21:17:17

How didn't Robert call for help before Lachlan had chance to smash his phone?! Pretty sure if I was hiding from a gunman I'd manage to fire off a quick sos text at least!

Eastie77 Thu 06-Sep-18 09:32:13

I hope Bernice gets together with the doctor although she will then have to deal with his horrible daughter who seems to be another version of Gabby.

Lachlan is great. Perhaps he won't die but will appear as if he has and then turn up again in a few months. All soaps seem to love killing and then resurrecting serial killers followed by the inevitable hostage situation and a key character ending up shot.

Susiesoap7 Thu 06-Sep-18 10:56:12

I love Lachlan
I hope he escapes then comes back months later to reek havoc in the dales again!

JaneJeffer Thu 06-Sep-18 13:31:26

I hope Doug gets an apology from Pollard and Diane when the truth comes out.

Tasha32 Thu 06-Sep-18 13:42:43

Yeah me too, and I hope can catches up with Lachlan before he takes belle too far, unless where ever he take her he has Rebecca stashed out alive🤔😮

QueenOfIce Thu 06-Sep-18 15:45:17

I don't understand why Robert didn't call the police as soon as he saw Belle and Sam? It seems all reason and logic goes out the window in soaps. I wonder if the writers do it on purpose.

Jojoanna Thu 06-Sep-18 20:12:07

Omg 😮

LesLavandes Thu 06-Sep-18 20:29:45

Tonight's episode was shocking

JaneJeffer Thu 06-Sep-18 20:33:53

Wow that was great! Poor Robert though.

HettySunshine Thu 06-Sep-18 20:51:58

Crickey Moses! Lachlan is terrifying!

PrincessScarlett Thu 06-Sep-18 21:27:33

What has he done with Rebecca?!!!

LesLavandes Thu 06-Sep-18 21:43:39

I think Rebecca will reappear....

Smidge001 Thu 06-Sep-18 22:49:54

Didn't hear Diane apologise. hmm they've really changed her character. She used to be decent. Would have apologised in the old days.

MinorRSole Thu 06-Sep-18 23:02:55

I actually jumped when rob hit belle, I expected him to just miss as usually happens with things like that. She really flew, poor love

PrincessScarlett Thu 06-Sep-18 23:18:13

I thought Rebecca was going to be upstairs in the house all tied up when the armed police were downstairs. But alas it was Cain.

I think she's locked in some shed/hut/underground bunker and there will be a race against time to get to her before she dies.

Lachlan really has been fantastic and I'm glad the way they've played it so far rather than killing him off or him escaping only to return.

ellenanora5 Fri 07-Sep-18 00:12:08

My god he's a good actor, I'm glad he was caught and not killed, can't wait to see his negotiating skills and for Rebecca to come back.

I never feel sorry for Robert no matter what happens to him, he's just as much a murderer as Lachlan is, I also wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

I couldn't care one bit about Jessie and her son or Victoria and Matty.

Bloody Diane saying to Doug "you must have locked the door after all", she should have been begging for forgiveness, she's been so nasty to him all this time.

I do love when Brenda manages to get a dig at laurel smile

PrincessScarlett Fri 07-Sep-18 07:21:33

He'll demand to see Belle one last time and she'll have to decide whether to do it to save Rebecca with all the Dingles saying no and Robert and Ross begging her to help.

When Lachlan was talking to Belle about getting away with stuff for years it reminded me of what he did to Alicia and there was mention of him always getting expelled from school when he first turned up. He's a terrifying character as being so young it wouldn't cross anyone's mind how twisted he is. His part has been built up brilliantly.

JaneJeffer Fri 07-Sep-18 08:15:37

I loved when Seb looked up and saw Robert and did a little smile. So cute. Lily is gorgeous.

Smidge001 Fri 07-Sep-18 08:23:47

But she completely looks like a girl now. They need a new baby to play Seb!

HettySunshine Fri 07-Sep-18 20:27:41

Ooooo, what's going to happen?!

I have no knowledge of future developments but my guess is:

Rebecca is alive
Belle will agree to cooperate to try and save her
Lachlan will play her for as long as possible
Rebecca will eventually be found (as that's the way of soaps - they wouldn't have strung it out this long if she wasn't going to be saved.

JaneJeffer Sat 08-Sep-18 00:05:39

I really thought Lachlan was going to make a run for it when Belle ran away from him. The police woman told her he would be restrained but he was just chilling grin

PrincessScarlett Sat 08-Sep-18 07:57:40

Lachlan is indeed chilling. The baby faced assassin.

JaneJeffer Sat 08-Sep-18 19:17:08

grin

Tasha32 Sat 08-Sep-18 19:48:09

Any bets on the outcome of the charity/bails trial. I'm guessing it will go his way at first but something else happens to put a spanner in the works like a new girl steps forward to say he did it to them to🤔

PrincessScarlett Sat 08-Sep-18 19:54:01

Tasha, surely it will go Charity's way as even if he says Charity chased him and the sex was consensual, the fact he is Ryan's dad and she had him aged 14 is statutory rape. But agree, for the storyline they will make it look really bad for Charity before some damning evidence is produced.

Smidge001 Sun 09-Sep-18 00:12:58

Maybe Ryan will step up and say something (maybe bails will have let something slip to him) that saves the day. Then noah will suddenly like his new brother and we can have happy Dingle families for a couple of weeks before the next disaster.

kikashi Sun 09-Sep-18 11:23:13

Who was Graham phoning near the end of the episode about the Bad news (Debbie's engagement)? Is he reporting back to Joe's relatives - either Aunt Zoe or her child (can't recall the name). So another Tate might be making an entrance at some point.

Where are Paddy and Chas meant to be at present?

JaneJeffer Sun 09-Sep-18 21:12:53

I forgot about that kikashi with everything else that's going on! Whoever it was they answered their phone pretty quickly!

Eastie77 Mon 10-Sep-18 08:51:32

Why has Marlon allowed himself to be railroaded into hosting Jessie's adult sonconfused It's bizarre that Ellis is not living with with his mum, presumably she lives nearby in Hotten or wherever she teaches now, and would instead choose a small village with no jobs, nightlife etc.

kikashi Mon 10-Sep-18 08:58:37

I think Jessie lives in the flat above Robert and Aaron. She said a grown up man doesn't want to live with his mum - but fine to live with her boyfriend (of short standing) and his young daughter (without clearing it first). Total CF!

Eastie77 Mon 10-Sep-18 12:56:57

Ah ok but then still odd that they are both in the village but living separately. He's a grown man but apparently doesn't have two pennies to rub together so I'd expect her to put him up on her sofa rather than ask her new boyfriend to take him. And yes, how is Marlon allowing a strange man to just move in with April in the house.

Agentornika Mon 10-Sep-18 13:39:45

marlon didn't have much of a say did he? He was just told it was happening

JaneJeffer Mon 10-Sep-18 16:20:45

I did wonder how Marlon could go off and leave his daughter with a stranger but then I remembered it was April and the young man would probably be terrified of her grin

PrincessScarlett Mon 10-Sep-18 19:27:06

You were right JaneJeffer!! Good call.

ellenanora5 Mon 10-Sep-18 20:27:16

I was nearly right, not an institution but close enough, glad she's alive, hope she's not there much longer.

JaneJeffer Mon 10-Sep-18 20:31:06

How will she get away from Nurse Rached?

PrincessScarlett Mon 10-Sep-18 21:21:45

What an odd nurse. Presumably Lachlan has hired her privately and he's paying her enough not to ask questions. But what nurse takes on a patient like Rebecca that arrives unconscious with no medical records, unexplained injuries, shackled to a bed and take the word of an 18 year old about how to care for her.

JaneJeffer Mon 10-Sep-18 21:21:56

This gorgeous lot are at the TV Choice Awards tonight.

GetHappy Mon 10-Sep-18 21:24:58

Loved how perfect Rebecca’s hair looked considering she’s been tied to a bed!

mogloveseggs Mon 10-Sep-18 21:27:37

She’s alive!!!!

Eastie77 Tue 11-Sep-18 13:51:11

Is the nurse real? Maybe she's just playing dress upgrin

Smidge001 Tue 11-Sep-18 16:45:33

It does seem really odd that she was wearing a full on nurses uniform even though they weren't in a hospital etc. Also that she'd take orders from a 18 year old and force her to take pills without anything from a doctor to say she needed them. Where is the prescription coming from?.
Totally dodgy storyline if you ask me!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »