Talk

Advanced search

The Coronor - anyone going to watch this?

(12 Posts)
Ariela Fri 10-Aug-18 13:56:22

If anyone saw this BBC series (it was on I think in 2016 or 7 and repeated earlier this year ) I note it starts on Drama channel at 8pm tonight. Sadly the programme was axed after 2 series, but I shall enjoy the repeats.

Set in Devon, great scenery, excellently cast, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just got to remember to find the lost TV remote (Been missing a week) and remember to actually watch the TV

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 10-Aug-18 14:12:46

YEs seen both series 1&2 twice

Hope they do a 3rd

Easy watching crime

Ariela Fri 10-Aug-18 15:17:35

Unfortuntely BBC have announced last year they were axing the series so there will be no series 3, we'll never know if Jane & Davey get together

BettyBooJustDoinTheDoo Fri 10-Aug-18 22:21:25

I was gutted when they cancelled the Coroner, great storylines, lovely scenery and an interesting back story of the main characters it could have ran and ran, bewildering why the BBC cancelled it.

Paddley Fri 10-Aug-18 22:49:04

I quite like it but always feel a bit uneasy that Davey has a wife.

BettyBooJustDoinTheDoo Fri 10-Aug-18 23:01:09

I agree Paddley, poor Annette, I always had this vision of her sat at home ironing Davey’s shirts while he was making eyes at Jane solving the latest murder on the South Devon cliff tops!

Ariela Sat 11-Aug-18 00:06:34

Whilst I have sympathy for Annette, I get the feeling she's a bit of a control freak, salad for his lunch etc. Don't think things run too smoothly in that household, lots of bickering, and he's under the thumb. I kind of got the feeling she might be feeling she's married beneath herself as Davey isn't as ambitious as she'd like? Maybe I got that wrong? Either way I felt that the writer was setting up his marriage to fall apart in due course, whether that was due to an acrimopnious divorce or her having a fling with someone more powerful/affluent/better prospects or (less likely IMO) possibly Davey getting it together with Jane - but I think that would be a moral no-no for them both... Who knows, I am not the writer!

Wouldn't mind betting (had series 3 happened) that it turns out that Annette had got Kath to say what she said about Jane going off to Uni to Davey, and to fix her up with Davey at the leaving disco.

BettyBooJustDoinTheDoo Sat 11-Aug-18 00:56:03

I also got the impression that Davy and Annette’s marriage was painted as being stale and dull and think Davey was definitely still in love with Jane and was with Annette purely on the rebound, interesting theory about the Disco. I did wonder if Jane’s daughter would actually turn out to be Davey’s..... I often wondered if they would kill Annette off leaving the door open for Jane and Davey to get back together in due course, that would have been a fitting end. Such a shame we will never know. Wish they would bring it back but no doubt the dreadful Red Rock will run for about 20 series.....

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 11-Aug-18 08:03:48

Janes daughter isn’t his

They said this one episode

They do flirt - obv have history but I don’t think it would work if hey got together

And wife should be divorced. We have never seen her. But like me mangle in neighbours. Do t think we ever saw him 😂

Paddley Sat 11-Aug-18 13:33:36

In spite of Red Rock being rather grim, I've become strangely addicted, watching through my fingers at times. I'm looking forward to that New Zealand beach thingy coming back though, a bit of feelgood.

BettyBooJustDoinTheDoo Sat 11-Aug-18 21:15:07

Don’t think I will ever be a Red Rock fan even the theme music makes my hackles rise and it seems to be set within 4 grey walls, so utterly depressing. I want to see lovely scenery and beautiful properties amongst a gory murders for my daytime tv viewing pleasure. I did enjoy a recent one with Tanya from Eastenders, Hathaway investigates or something, set in Stratford upon Avon I think, that met my criteria perfectly though there seems to be no sign of a second series at the moment.

blackbunny Sat 18-Aug-18 17:54:24

The beautiful Devon scenery is the star of the Coroner! Loved this series,such a pity there will be no more episodes.
Especially loved Jane's mum and her boyfriend, they totally embarrassed her!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: