Talk

Advanced search

Nashville (UK pace) anyone watching? Spoilers included

(24 Posts)
WinkysTeatowel Fri 20-Jul-18 10:48:27

Is anyone else still watching? Whilst it might have gone a bit off the boil I'm still enjoying it but need to vent about Juliette's pregnancy timeline - it doesn't make sense....!

MynameisJune Fri 20-Jul-18 11:07:19

I’m watching slightly ahead on the US pace but yes it is highly annoying, she has been gone long enough for Avery to move on but not long enough to only just realise she is pregnant?

WinkysTeatowel Fri 20-Jul-18 11:59:37

So annoying!

DragonNoodleCake Fri 20-Jul-18 12:15:07

I'm going to have to catch up now!!

dingdongdigeridoo Sun 22-Jul-18 01:45:31

I’m kind of glad the show is ending because the quality is just awful now. I just want to see how it ends. I can’t stand the new characters such as evil record producer guy or that Alanganahahaa whatever her name is who is in the band with Avery.

Am I the only one who thinks maddie and daphne are bloody awful singers? In the last episode, I couldn’t understand a single word daphne was singing. It was just random breathy nonsense.

tribpot Tue 31-Jul-18 10:24:25

I had the same feeling, dingdong (have seen the finale now, not sure if that's been on in the UK yet?). Just wanted it to end. The quality is dreadful, even the music isn't up to much these days. I am fed up to the back teeth of Juliet not interacting with any of the other characters, it's so odd and forced. And yes, Brad and Alannah and bloody Jonah and Twig are just annoying.

Such a shame they couldn't have found a way to keep Connie Britton in it - a major sticking point seemed to be filming on location in Nashville but surely a solution to this could have been found (the state provided a considerable amount of funding so relocating the entire production to LA wasn't an option, I think).

DesperatelySeekingSnoozing Fri 10-Aug-18 22:52:59

Just watched the last episode and cried my eyes out

DragonNoodleCake Sat 11-Aug-18 00:42:40

I'm going to watch tomorrow...I suspect I may cry too

CaptainHammer Sat 11-Aug-18 17:42:46

Just watched the final episode. Although it lost its way towards the end I will miss it. I thought the last scene was a nice way to finish it (though the rest of the episode was super rushed!)

DragonNoodleCake Sat 11-Aug-18 21:41:03

Yes I watched it too. I feel like there was 2 or 3 episodes squashed into 1

DorothyGarrod Sun 12-Aug-18 22:25:58

I’m also glad it finished rather than continuing to string it out. I liked Alannah’s hair!

dingdongdigeridoo Fri 17-Aug-18 01:08:46

I wasn’t keen on the ending. It’s good that the show is finishing because it has been losing steam for a while now. If you watch the early seasons they’re full of backstabbing, bitching, politics and memorable songs. They had lots of different kinds of country music in each episode and some really amazing performances. Compared to the last couple of seasons, I don’t think I can recall a single song and the plots were just silly.

As if you can just take down a major record producer by having a bunch of women walk into his office and stand up to him. And did they really need to pair Scarlet off in the last minute? Who cared by that point? The only thing I liked is that they got Juliette and Avery back together at the end, even if it was cheesy, it always annoyed me how they were constantly breaking up.

liverbird10 Fri 17-Aug-18 02:19:12

Too much crammed into the ending, but I loved that show, and will miss it.

DragonNoodleCake Sat 18-Aug-18 23:19:21

Scarlet's love in the last moment is Clare Bowen's husband. I did think that was funny.
I wanted Juliette and Avery to get back together but it was a bit cheesy only because it was a rushed last 2 minutes.

WinkysTeatowel Sun 19-Aug-18 09:18:40

I cried at the last episode too sad
I did enjoy it even if it went off the boil a bit in the last couple of seasons.

Has anyone tried 911? New show with Connie Britton, we really enjoyed the first episode.

HannahnotAgnes Sun 19-Aug-18 14:23:02

Just watched the last episode & really enjoyed it. Cried my eyes out at the Rayna scene & also loved the final song. Think that song is fantastic.

Totally agree with the other posters though that it had completely lost its way & was nowhere near as good as the earlier seasons, so I'm glad it finished.

Who was the guy that Scarlett kissed & Deacon said she was marrying? Was he someone we were meant to know?

MrsDeaconClaybourne Sun 19-Aug-18 14:58:39

The guy Scarlett kissed is Clare Bowen's RL husband. He plays with them in the live shows.

I loved the last episode though I agree it was all a bit rushed and convenient- I'll miss it even though it hasn't been as good recently. Also going to check out 911. Does anyone recommend anything else?

dingdongdigeridoo Sun 19-Aug-18 16:38:52

I do love Connie Britton. I recommend Friday Night Lights on Netflix which is about a small Texas town. She plays the wife of the football coach.

HannahnotAgnes Sun 19-Aug-18 16:43:26

Thanks re CB's husband - so he wasn't in the show prior to that episode?

I never watched Friday Night Lights - was it not cancelled abruptly? That always put me off watching as I don't like when series don't end properly!

I've watched the first 2 episodes of We The People & seems good so far. Will check out 911.

MrsDeaconClaybourne Sun 19-Aug-18 19:34:32

I've not seen CB's husband before - not sure if he's played on stage but he's not been a character. I saw the live in April and she introduced him then. Will check out the other series PP mentioned. Am really missing having something fun to watch. Have other things I enjoy but all 'heavier' than Nashville and I really enjoyed the music too.

dingdongdigeridoo Sun 19-Aug-18 19:56:18

Friday Night Lights had a proper finale if I remember correctly. It tied up most of the storylines nicely.

CurbsideProphet Sun 19-Aug-18 20:50:17

I caught up with the last 2 episodes yesterday. I agree it was all pretty rushed at the end, which is a shame. Is there a reason why Juliet was at that retreat for most of the season? Was it just to line up her retiring from the music industry?

Maddie went from being the next big thing to just a groupie for the Justin Bieber type chap which was a bit weird.

The last scene confused me at first, but it was quite a sweet ending.

Friday Night Lights has been taken off Netflix unfortunately sad

DesperatelySeekingSnoozing Sun 19-Aug-18 21:16:33

I just watched the last five minutes again 😭. I know it was rushed but I will seriously miss the show and the music.

WinterBabyIsComing Sun 19-Aug-18 21:32:38

Friday Night Lights is great, well worth a watch.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: