Talk

Advanced search

Hotel Inspector

(10 Posts)
Wearywithteens Tue 12-Jun-18 22:06:40

Just watched Hotel Inspector with Elona and John at the Yeoldon House Hotel - was it my imagination or was Alex Polizzi a bit ‘off’ with them? I thought the hotel was beautiful and as a couple they were lovely - so why so frosty with them? Polizzi has dealt with some real pieces of work with more affection than she did with those two - she could barely contain her irritation....or just me?

BigSandyBalls2015 Tue 12-Jun-18 22:27:19

I was saying exactly the same to DH, she was much more brutal in her approach than previous series. Guess she's been told to ramp it up in the hope of a reaction.

OhMyGodTheyKilledKenny Tue 12-Jun-18 22:29:50

We thought she sounded more off than usual. Teenage DD said she was "so rude"

FluffAndFluster Wed 13-Jun-18 14:37:27

The first episode was called “The Walkout” to make in more exciting. I definitely think she’s been asked to make it more dramatic in this series. Maybe viewing figures were falling.

SneakyGremlins Wed 13-Jun-18 14:41:28

Maybe she's just had a tough day? Haven't seen it yet, is it on catch up? I may change my comments entirely after watching it grin

Crinkle77 Wed 13-Jun-18 15:45:57

I thought that too. The decor may have been a little old fashioned but it was clean and presentable. When she met with the lady owner after breakfast she made a funny comment to her about her being defensive which I don't think she was in the slightest.

Karting1967 Wed 13-Jun-18 22:44:40

It was ridiculous to say the owners had no personality, the woman in particular.

And ooh you'll just have to come to my hotel to see how it should be done. She was really rude to Ylona when she was dressing the room.

icelolly99 Thu 14-Jun-18 19:20:05

I'd love to work for Alex; she's must be a brilliant no messing, no nonsense business woman.

Karting1967 Thu 14-Jun-18 19:31:09

You think? It would be interesting to see how she'd fared without the privileges of a massive hotel chain behind her.

BigSandyBalls2015 Thu 14-Jun-18 20:22:46

I think she would have still been successful without her background and connections. She has a certain presence and drive.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: