Advanced search

Recommendations for Detective/police new obsession

(22 Posts)
UniqueSiren Tue 13-Mar-18 13:21:43

I've had an operation and I need something to get excited about.

I'm on my own so nothing too scary (eg Luther etc) but something properly gripping like No Offence, Scott and Bailey or Line of Duty.

I have all the TV btw

mrspapalazarou Tue 13-Mar-18 13:22:44

The Tunnel smile

IWantMyHatBack Tue 13-Mar-18 13:23:19

Do you mind subtitles? The Killing or The Bridge are amazing if you don't mind the subs

FoofFighter Tue 13-Mar-18 13:24:24

Save Me. Not really from the police point of view though, more the family and friends.

IWantMyHatBack Tue 13-Mar-18 13:24:26

The Fall is great too. On Amazon Prime.

UniqueSiren Tue 13-Mar-18 13:49:39

I said not scary IWantMyHatBack Everything you suggested I have seen luckily - they all shit me up. The last one disturbed me because I've never fancied a serial killer so much in my life...

UniqueSiren Tue 13-Mar-18 13:51:03

Ah yes, another with the wonderful Suranne - I'll watch Save Me with the DH

The Tunnel with Stanis Baratheon it is then - thank you

MichaelBendfaster Tue 13-Mar-18 14:09:38

I've never seen Spiral but keep reading that it's brilliant.

Lisette40 Tue 13-Mar-18 14:16:30

Spiral is brilliant but can be gory. If you fancy something non present day, try Babylon Berlin on Sky catch-up. Set in Berlin in 1929, a detective series in prewar Germany.

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Tue 13-Mar-18 14:21:52

I love The Mentalist, and Elementary with Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu as Holmes and Watson is fantastic.

Clayhead Tue 13-Mar-18 14:24:36

Bosch on Amazon?

stitchglitched Tue 13-Mar-18 14:25:51

The Night Of is great, 8 part drama, I binge watched it in about a day.

Aprilmightmemynewname Tue 13-Mar-18 14:26:12

Not Dexter unless you are hard of constitution.

MichaelBendfaster Tue 13-Mar-18 14:34:14

Spiral is brilliant but can be gory. If you fancy something non present day, try Babylon Berlin on Sky catch-up.

Babylon Berlin is wonderful, IMO, but quite violent if not grisly in places.

IWantMyHatBack Tue 13-Mar-18 14:36:22

Oh, I didn't consider them to be scary, sorry.

I suppose The Fall is pretty sinister though, isn't it

I'm too desensitised from watching the likes of Dexter and Sons of Anarchy

IWantMyHatBack Tue 13-Mar-18 14:37:15

Btw The Tunnel is the UK version of The Bridge.

dontdillydallytoolong Tue 13-Mar-18 14:43:17

Spiral is amazing but as other people have pointed out is very graphic. Absolutely gripping though. Not sure if you are aware it is French so subtitled.

Lisette40 Tue 13-Mar-18 14:45:50

I agree Michaelbendfaster there was one episode towards the end of the second series of Babylon Berlin that I found really hard to watch. I have a thing now for Volker Bruch though grinwink so I'm prepared to put up with it.

Hope you are recovering well OP

MichaelBendfaster Tue 13-Mar-18 14:52:36

I have a thing now for Volker Bruch though

Oh, me too! He's so handsome, in that really old-fashioned man-in-a-good-suit way.

NoWayNoHow Tue 13-Mar-18 15:14:20

"The Sinner" with Jessica Biel was great - binge watched it in one day (think it's Netflix?)
More votes for "Save Me" and "The Tunnel" - they're great!

Also... It's a bit weirdy, but I really liked "The Glitch" - it's an Aussie show about a random selection of people over a 250 year period who just come back to life one night. It's good!

Tin Star on Sky was also good, but VERY dark. A bit too depressing for me I think.

Lisette40 Tue 13-Mar-18 15:15:41

Watch Generation War, a series about five friends at the beginning of the Second World War in Germany. He's in that too.

FoofFighter Tue 13-Mar-18 18:16:35

Fargo (TV series not Frances Oscar lady movie) only 1&2 though 3 was awful (just been reminded by a thread!)

And Fortitude. Something a bit different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now