Talk

Advanced search

Rachel Nickel Untold Story

(13 Posts)
JediJim Thu 08-Mar-18 21:59:40

The sad murder of young mother Rachel Nickel on Wimbledon Common on a summers afternoon in 1992. On ITV now.
So sad that her two year old son witnessed it and was found clinging to her body.
How wrong the Police were to arrest Colin Stagg with no real evidence. Although he did come across as a real oddball. Still watching it on record, it was actually Robert Napper who did it. He got away with it for so long too.

SoleBizzz Thu 08-Mar-18 22:22:23

Watching now. I remember this. Her poor toddler and her family. I do remember believing Staff was guilty!! How wrong I was.

SoleBizzz Thu 08-Mar-18 22:23:00

Stagg

SoleBizzz Thu 08-Mar-18 22:26:12

Newspaper headline 'Toddler struck dumb by ordeal sad

Oh I remember the Police conference and thought Rachels partner might have done it as he came across a bit upset but I felt he seemed odd.

purpleme12 Thu 08-Mar-18 22:40:09

That is heartbreaking about her son clinging to her body

user764329056 Thu 08-Mar-18 22:48:44

I lived very close to where this happened at the time and it was a horrific tragedy, so shocking. I regularly saw Colin Stagg before he was wrongly charged as he lived on an estate close to where I lived. I can still remember the disbelief we all felt when this happened and the horror that poor little boy went through

SoleBizzz Thu 08-Mar-18 23:03:28

The forensic team found a tiny piece of hair upon the toddlers hat and kept it in 1992. In 2004 the DNA findings were tested again and Robert Nappers DNA was found from a hair from his toolbox which somehow ended up on Alex's hat?

Have I got that right?

SoleBizzz Thu 08-Mar-18 23:04:13

Poor Colin Stagg. He went through sheer hell.

JediJim Thu 08-Mar-18 23:24:51

I wonder if Colin Stagg was ever compensated? He appears to still leave on the same estate.

GnotherGnu Fri 09-Mar-18 00:38:28

He received £706,000 in compensation but was reported fairly recently to have said that he'd spent it all.

MsGameandWatching Sun 11-Mar-18 13:13:42

I'm just watching it now. I really do feel for CS. He clearly hadn't had an easy life even before he was accused. After he was acquitted he came out of court and just looked utterly terrified of the crowd.

Just an awful, awful thing to happen. I love near Wimbledon Common and never go there without thinking of poor Rachel and her child.

purpleme12 Wed 14-Mar-18 01:26:00

I'd it just me I didn't really take to the presenter on this programme

TheMythicalChicken Wed 14-Mar-18 01:42:15

I remember when Colin Stagg was arrested and my mum saying she didn't believe he did it, as he obviously cared for his dogs so much. And nobody who loves an animal as much as he clearly did would be capable of such a crime.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: