Talk

Advanced search

Trivial Things that you dislike about TV?

(36 Posts)
SteveAs Wed 07-Mar-18 18:55:32

I will start

Adverts

WowserBowser Wed 07-Mar-18 18:57:46

This is fairly specific, but Scully's voice in Season 11

ScottishFlipper Wed 07-Mar-18 21:30:43

Snippets/highlights of what's coming up after the break - don't spoil it for me! I can wait 4 minutes to find out what happens next.

SneakyGremlins Wed 07-Mar-18 21:32:04

"Previously on" - I've been binging this show for five days, I know what's been happening grin

ppeatfruit Thu 08-Mar-18 18:40:54

The blasted music that they play over EVERYTHING now. I like programmes about the countryside, mountains etc. and you can't even get to hear the normal noises like birds,wind, sounds of the sea, rivers etc. no it's always effing music WHY???? I keep meaning to write to Points of View!

Of course most adverts are awful but some actually use the old hits well ; introducing the young to 'good' music ! I don't mind that type of music!

Ski40 Thu 08-Mar-18 19:09:21

Constant repeats.
Big Brother
Actually most reality shows
The same advert again and again during a particular program gives me the rage 😁

scrabbler3 Fri 09-Mar-18 23:43:55

Continuity announcers who hint at what's going to happen ("Next, Mary is in for a shock in Line of Duty" when viewers didn't know whether Mary was going to find out about whatever the shocking thing was).

I fast forward through ads so they don't bother me. Haven't watched an ad in months. When ads come on during live sport's half time break, I put the kettle on, or read Twitter.

IlikemyTeahot Fri 09-Mar-18 23:45:01

Adverts make me cringe

PastaOfMuppets Fri 09-Mar-18 23:52:25

When the volume level increases for the ads so you're forced to listen, then decreases for the show coming back on

And (overly specific) entertainment shows that spend more time with their 'coming up' snippets and teasers than they do showing the actual segment or interview.

AlecTrevelyan006 Sat 10-Mar-18 18:31:16

people 'drinking' cups of tea/coffee that are clearly empty

Eminybob Sat 10-Mar-18 18:35:15

And carrying empty suitcases!

Eminybob Sat 10-Mar-18 18:35:59

And people who leave their homes to relocate never to return and all they take with them is one hold-all confused

SchoolMoney Sat 10-Mar-18 20:43:32

What alec said. Empty cups and people ordering 'a pint'. I get they probably can't say a brand of drink but even 'house wine' or if they pointed to a pump as they said pint wouldn't be as annoying!

furlinedsheepskinjacket Sat 10-Mar-18 20:49:51

long loud noisy childbirth

Stu123 Sat 10-Mar-18 21:55:21

Newsreaders that needlessly read from the printed script on the desk in front of them when quoting someone, as if to give the impression they aren’t reading the rest of the broadcast from a teleprompter?!

Stu123 Sat 10-Mar-18 21:58:01

And newsreaders that buttock clench to emphasise things?!

wildduckhunt Sat 10-Mar-18 21:59:00

Adverts, programmed that are 25% recaps/sneak peeks of the rest of the show.

Sevendown Sat 10-Mar-18 22:04:05

Those preview bits in shows

That not enough shows pass the becshdel test

Missingthesea Sat 10-Mar-18 23:48:01

There's one particular piece of "incidental music" that I first heard on "Lark Rise to Candleford". Since then I've heard it used countless times on other programmes, and it makes me really irritated - it just makes me think whoever put the programme together was too lazy to look for a different piece of music and just thought "Oh, that one they kept using in Lark Rise'll do." angry

MichaelBendfaster Sun 11-Mar-18 14:08:08

people 'drinking' cups of tea/coffee that are clearly empty

Yes, this. It's even more annoying when it's a takeaway cup and clearly weighs nothing. If it's dangerous/tedious/inconvenient to have liquids in them, can't they weight them with something solid instead, just to make it a bit more convincing?

I also hate, in a factual programme with ad breaks, when they spend the last two minutes of one segment telling you what's going to happen next, and then the first two minutes of the next segment telling you what happened previously.

Sophisticatedsarcasm Sun 11-Mar-18 22:32:26

When your watching a movie or tv where something is a about to fall on them yet they stand there and stare instead of getting the fuck out the way

WishITookLifeSeriously Sun 11-Mar-18 22:39:48

I hate it on (usually American) TV shows where they show a scene and then repeat the same scene after the ad break! Drives me loopy!

scrabbler3 Mon 12-Mar-18 10:31:59

Ah yes, the empty tea cups and suitcases.

In a children's party scene in Keeping Faith last week, there was a gift bag that clearly had nothing in it.

Petalflowers Mon 12-Mar-18 14:07:00

Dh always comment when people are kissing, and they kiss their partners cheek, chin etc, ie, not actual kiss.

Another pet hate of his is when people are in bed, either just going to bed, or doing-the-deed, they still have their clothes on. I know,people don’t always fully de-robe, but surely most people take their bra off etc

(Nn. He’s not obsessed with s*x)

The same advert being repeated a lot during the same programme is a pet hate of mine also.

Singing/talent shows, where they have the presenters speaking, background video,of contestants, one song/act, and then another advert. Annoying!

ppeatfruit Tue 13-Mar-18 09:07:13

I noticed that background music in Country File on Sunday WHY oh WHY?????

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: