Advanced search

Save Me

(73 Posts)
icelollycraving Wed 28-Feb-18 17:46:05

Is anyone watching this? It’s quite grim at times but really gripping.
Surrane Jones cannot do a London accent though.

SwimmingMom Wed 28-Feb-18 17:47:02

Going to start soon. Waiting for DH to join me tomorrow.

CrispyAubergine Wed 28-Feb-18 17:52:36

ooh i want to watch this, i don't have sky though

icelollycraving Wed 28-Feb-18 18:01:12

I’m up to episode 4. I do love a good binge watch!

Rollergirl11 Wed 28-Feb-18 20:47:01

We’re going to watch at 9pm but then probably binge! I have high hopes for this.

I didn’t realise Lennie James actually wrote it!

veuveo Wed 28-Feb-18 22:20:16

Watched it all
It was ok

partystress Wed 28-Feb-18 22:22:55

Love Lennie James and really liked ep 1. Nicely ambiguous. Loved the seediness.

MissEliza Wed 28-Feb-18 22:52:54

I've just watched episode 1. Lennie James is great. Looking forward to watching more but dh hates Suranne Jones with a passion so I'll have to wait for him to go out!

mydogisthebest Thu 01-Mar-18 09:24:34

Not sure whether to watch this or not. Love Lennie James but cannot stand Suranne Jones. I think she is a terrible actress

Rollergirl11 Thu 01-Mar-18 10:06:01

Watched the first one last night. I like Lennie James but not sure about him in that role. He’s too eloquent for the character, no? Thought he seemed just like Tony Gates from Line of Duty and the two characters ar meant to be poles apart!

AvonCallingBarksdale Thu 01-Mar-18 10:13:50

Loved it, thought Lennie James was fab and love everything Stephen Graham does. Shaping up well I think.

MissEliza Thu 01-Mar-18 16:11:52

Roller I thought the exact opposite! I was thinking how different he is from Tony Gates. Tony Gates was an arrogant prick while Nelly is a complex character, a bit of a rough diamond. I believe Lennie James wrote it as well. This show makes Marcella on ITV look like utter shite.

thelionthewitchandthebookcase Thu 01-Mar-18 16:53:20

Watched the first two Episodes.
Absolutely love Lennie janes such a fabulous actor and clearly writer. So true to life and captures 'real Life' well. Very topical

icelollycraving Thu 01-Mar-18 17:16:49

Just watched the last one. Very good series. The pub scenes are very typical of the area. I thought he played the part really believably. Surrane Jones not so much.

MissEliza Thu 01-Mar-18 21:55:10

Suranne Jones is seriously overrated.

Garmadonsmum Fri 02-Mar-18 00:42:05

Didn’t like the end.
I managed to watch Walking Dead and this in same night and not make the connection!

thelionthewitchandthebookcase Fri 02-Mar-18 07:00:44

What was going on with Suranne Jones Accent?loved the observations on council flat life. Ie the man howling in the balcony, the lady in the burka vaping on the balcony etc etc

putonyourdancingshoes Fri 02-Mar-18 07:06:30

Literally sat for 6 hours in a row yesterday during my snow day and watched. Really enjoyed it. Gutted about the ending, though I'm sure that means there will be another series?

Sophisticatedsarcasm Fri 02-Mar-18 17:43:49

Am on ep 4. Love it! I can totally relate to the community side of things. That is exactly how it was in the pub I grew up going to. Love Lennie James although whilst you’ve just watched him as an American was a bit weird. I’d love to know when he had time to film with walking dead and then fear the walking dead. I don’t mind surrane Jones just not like OMG. Love the guy who plays Luke aswell. Very gripping.

bimbobaggins Fri 02-Mar-18 18:49:05

I have just watched the full series and liked it but not the ending.
Do people think there will be a second series

eyesonme Fri 02-Mar-18 20:41:11

Just binge watched this, really disappointed with the plot and the ending was meh

lilydaisyrose Fri 02-Mar-18 22:53:55

I loved the writing, the reality of the scenes and the characterisation. I didn't love the relationship with Claire & Nelly and the lack of tying the stories up. Won't say anymore here as no spoiler warning but many storylines left open ended...gah!

blueskypink Fri 02-Mar-18 23:18:00

I absolutely loved this - watched it all over 2 nights. Rare to watch something with a plot that keeps you guessing. Some really well drawn characters - Melon's in particular. The little cameos of people on the estate were masterful.

Only downside was Suranne Jones. Her aside I've not watched anything so good in ages.

colouringinagain Fri 02-Mar-18 23:19:45

What Channel? Loved Line of Duty but have had enough of meh endings!!!!

blueskypink Fri 02-Mar-18 23:56:02

Sky Atlantic. The ending wasn't meh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now