Talk

Advanced search

Jamestown on Sky 1 - anyone elses watching it?

(76 Posts)
ladymarian Sat 24-Feb-18 13:30:05

I'm really enjoying it! Some of it is laughable but I really like it! Anyone else?

GrimDamnFanjo Sun 25-Feb-18 01:05:57

Me! It's my guilty pleasure!

ladymarian Sun 25-Feb-18 09:11:20

I thought it was just me for a minute! 😂

troodiedoo Sun 25-Feb-18 12:38:21

Is there a new series?

ladymarian Sun 25-Feb-18 12:46:47

Yes! Series 2 started a couple of weeks ago

BrieAndChilli Sun 25-Feb-18 12:47:47

I just want poor James to get a wife!

AmazingBouncingFerret Sun 25-Feb-18 12:49:23

I actually gasped in horror when he came back from the wharf in the latest episode. sad

ladymarian Sun 25-Feb-18 12:49:34

I know! That was really sad. He needs a woman in his life!

troodiedoo Sun 25-Feb-18 12:49:54

Ooh thanks, will catch up! Did enjoy the first series. Mostly for the beautiful feisty Irish girl.

yummytummy Sun 25-Feb-18 21:54:54

I am enjoying it definitely. But one question how come most of the actors have northern accents? Were the first settlers from the north?

MinesaPinot Mon 26-Feb-18 13:30:01

Yes, me and DH love it (even though Jocelyn gets on my wick).

So sad for James Read in the last episode, my heart broke for him. He so needs someone to love and to love him.

Peskyelephant Mon 26-Feb-18 22:31:41

I like it but the birth scene in the first episode of this series was ridiculous. Heavily pregnant woman falls down a bank into a river there is a cloud of blood and a baby pops out 1 min later.
I also think everyone (especially Jocelyn) looks far too clean.
And also if it was only men in the colony to start with why was Mercy there when the women docked?
Verity is brilliant.

TinklyLittleLaugh Tue 27-Feb-18 00:38:28

I love Mercy. Mercy for James Reid that's what I say (assuming she's meant to be 18 and not 12 or something). Anyway she's far too good for that Pepper(?) oaf.

BzyB Tue 27-Feb-18 00:53:57

Think I could watch it just for James read...
mercy does my head in.

BrieAndChilli Tue 27-Feb-18 16:43:41

Mercy and James do not go together at all!

mrspapalazarou Tue 27-Feb-18 16:52:08

Love this programme, best character is Verity

OutComeTheWolves Sat 03-Mar-18 09:42:03

It's a real slow burner but I'm enjoying it. I wish they'd give verity more screen time though I think she's brilliant and I really want Henry Sharrow to turn into a good guy.

Not sure if I'm just perving on James Read, but I really want to see some romance between him and Jocelyn.

NamedyChangedy Sat 03-Mar-18 15:35:40

I'm watching this too. I'm looking forward to Meredith Rutter having a makeover and finally being worthy of Verity! I do worry about Mercy though... She was the only woman in that place for years presumably, I dread to think what would have happened to her.

OutComeTheWolves Sat 03-Mar-18 18:10:43

That's an interesting thought because she comes across as so innocent and naive. She must have a back story that'll come out soon.

MrsJayy Sun 04-Mar-18 09:14:20

<waves> isn't it brilliant the overacting is hilarious but it is the highlight of my week this weeks story with the alchemist was very odd confused verity and Meredith are my favourites.

OutComeTheWolves Sun 04-Mar-18 14:50:39

Yeah the alchemist was very strange. I'm still not sure I understand why he pretended the mixture have him a vagina when he already had one anyway?? It's like they borrowed the Sunset Beach scriptwriters for a week or two.

OutComeTheWolves Sun 04-Mar-18 14:56:17

Also totally overthinking it now when only a week ago they had James whipped at the post for wearing a doublet when he wasn't posh enough, they were remarkably accepting of a hemaphrodite wandering round in pants one day and a dress the next.

MrsJayy Sun 04-Mar-18 15:57:36

But wearing a garment above ones station is clearly too far I wonder if the widow castelle married james would that lift him up or lower her ? LADYMAN in dress is a whole other awkward situation best left alone

BrieAndChilli Sun 04-Mar-18 18:30:30

I think the wife takes the husbands status as women didn’t have their own status I don’t think?

OutComeTheWolves Sun 04-Mar-18 18:42:23

Does James Read even have a house though? You never see him anywhere except his blacksmith area.
Why did they have sex in the barn?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: