Talk

Advanced search

Prize for the worst example of TV presenting goes to ....

(18 Posts)
BubblegumFactory Fri 23-Feb-18 22:06:05

Jane McDonald.
She struggles to find anything interesting to say and frequently resorts to piss poor ‘jokes’, is clearly uncomfortable when members of the public approach her, admits she knows fuck all about the place she has been paid to make a TV programme about and then sings a pub singer version of ‘Something inside so strong’ when she is in Cambodia.
I kept waiting for it to get better but it didn’t.

numbereightyone Fri 23-Feb-18 22:09:44

To be honest I haven't seen the programme but from your description it sounds fantastic.

Gluetap Fri 23-Feb-18 22:37:17

It’s the highlight of my Friday night TV viewing (sad I know). DH and I try to guess what her song at the end will be. I won last week (Bjork Oh So Quiet sung in a Bjork-esk style), but neither of us guessed tonight’s grande finale!

BubblegumFactory Fri 23-Feb-18 23:58:40

It was so diabolically bad I might have to watch it next week grin

numbereightyone Sat 24-Feb-18 02:07:04

She sang 'It's oh so quiet' in a Bjork-esq style? How have I missed this television gold?

Bloomed Sat 24-Feb-18 02:12:34

It was pretty amazing. And all the ad breaks for cruises.

Gluetap Sat 24-Feb-18 08:51:00

It was certainly special, almost on a par with her rendition of Vienna....

Petalflowers Sun 25-Feb-18 03:40:08

I disagree. I really enjoyed the programme and liked her presenting.

A friend has been to her concerts and said she is excellant live.

Battleax Sun 25-Feb-18 04:21:04

shock

I need to see this travesty. Im guessing ITV or Channel 5?

RebootYourEngine Sun 25-Feb-18 04:55:56

Channel 5

I never used to like her but i do like the cruise programme. Maybe it is because i am a little obsessed with cruises.

Longdistance Sun 25-Feb-18 05:14:37

I watched that earlier. I was watching it as love Vienna. I said to dh ‘can’t stand this woman, I just want to watch it for the places she’s going to’
She looks hen decided to sing like a proper cruise ship singer... que to dh ‘Oh great, she’s singing now 🙄 and then I switched over.

Perfectnight Sun 25-Feb-18 05:48:42

I think she has a lovely manner with people but she needs to do her research first. It’s nice to have a presenter that is knowledgable about what they are doing but much of the time she doesn’t have a clue!

I am not watching this series as I can’t put myself through the song at the end.

Cherrypie32 Sun 25-Feb-18 08:59:36

It’s really not my thing and don’t know why I ended up watching it but I totally disagree that she isn’t comfortable with people, she was chatty and natural with everyone. But the ‘by ‘eck it’s not Wakefield’ or wherever and the song at the end just terrible.

notwonderwoman Sun 25-Feb-18 11:00:25

She hasn't got a clue about anything on this program, and the cheesy rendition of a classic song at the end adds to the tv gold !

IHaveBrilloHair Sun 25-Feb-18 11:03:55

Oh I bloody love this, it's fantastically shite.

DatingLife Sun 25-Feb-18 11:53:07

I can't bear most TV presenters! All that faux-sincerity with choreographed hand-movements really gets my goat. That includes weather forecasters and newscasters. Even supposedly serious presenters do the choppy "wooden" arm movements as if the audience cannot speak english and need rehearsed hand guides like safety guidance of air hostesses.

The only presenters I like really are the funny ones. The only intelligent humans left on TV possibly.

bagelbaby Sun 25-Feb-18 11:57:45

It's my guilty pleasure. It's so camp it's unmissable.
Just enjoy the ride

LARLARLAND Sat 24-Mar-18 19:57:19

Just watched the episode where she visits Cuba. Pure television gold.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: